- PRO-LEVEL PERFORMANCE AND STYLE: Performance, comfort and style - proven on the road at the highest levels of the sport
- COMFORTABLE AND SUPPORTIVE FIT: One-piece Synchwire upper with laced closure for supple-yet-supportive fit and great breathability
- ULTIMATE FIT ADJUSTMENT: Empire laces offer unrivaled fit adjustment, hold a knot securely and are the lightest closure system available
- POWERFUL PEDALING: Easton EC90 SLX2 high-modulus carbon outsole for optimal power transfer, with stainless steel hardware and replaceable heel pads for durability
- CUSTOMIZABLE SUPPORT AND 3-BOLT CLEAT COMPATIBLE: Includes SuperNatural Fit Kit footbed with adjustable arch support to enhance comfort and pedaling performance, plus XT2 anti-microbial fiber top sheet to fight odor. Works with all 3-bolt pedal/cleat systems including Look, Shimano SPD-SL, etc. Other systems may require an adapter
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
|Imperial||Empire SLX||Empire||Empire HV||Empire E70 Knit|
|SHOE UPPER||One-piece Synchwire upper design with soft lace guides and Teijin welded SL monofilament mesh / Twin Boa IP1 dials featuring 1 mm +/- adjustment and macro release||One-piece Synchwire upper design with Teijin welded SL monofilament mesh / Empire laces: hold a knot, durable and light||One-piece upper design / Premium Teijin Samo breathable microfiber upper / Empire laces: hold a knot, durable and light||One-piece upper design / Premium Teijin Samo breathable microfiber upper / Empire laces: hold a knot, durable and light||Engineered Xnetic Knit / Bonded TPU skeletal support structure / TPU-reinforced toe and heel / DWR treated / Empire Laces: hold a knot, durable and light|
|OUTSOLE||Easton EC90 SLX2 high-modulus carbon / Stainless steel hardware / Replaceable heel walking pads||Easton EC90 SLX2 high-modulus carbon / Stainless steel hardware / Replaceable heel walking pads||Easton EC90 SLX carbon fiber Stainless steel hardware / Replaceable heel walking pads||Easton EC90 SLX carbon fiber Stainless steel hardware / Replaceable heel walking pads||Easton EC70 carbon composite outsole / Stainless steel hardware / Replaceable heel walking pads|
|FOOTBED||SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support (High, Medium and Low) / XT2 anti-microbial fiber top sheet||SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support (High, Medium and Low) / XT2 anti-microbial fiber top sheet||SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support (High, Medium and Low) / XT2 anti-microbial fiber top sheet||Molded EVA footbed with medium arch support|
|WEIGHT||215 grams (size 42.5)||185 grams (size 42.5)||225 grams (size 42.5)||225 grams (size 42.5)||250 grams (size 42.5)|
- Product Dimensions : 12 x 9 x 5 inches; 1.4 Pounds
- Item model number : 7110684
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : March 31, 2013
- Manufacturer : Giro
- ASIN : B07TMGB2DN
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like the laces, was never a fan of the velcro and ratchet buckle on my Sidi's. Sure, you can't adjust them on the fly, but I never really did that much anyway, and the worn out velcro and ratchet buckles are the reason my Sidi's needed replacing. I imagine when the laces on the Empire's wear out, I'll replace them with the extra set that came with them. Laces have a nice way of naturally adjusting their tension in different areas to conform to your feet that a couple of straps and buckles do not.
I like the adjustable arch support system. I used the large arch supports, and finally feel like I have shoes that were meant for my feet. Read where one person complained that the inserts were made of cheap styrofoam cooler material. Well, it looks sort of like that, but it's a lot more durable than any styrofoam cooler I've ever seen. I'm not sure what that guy was talking about. Maybe he tore his up trying to change them out while the laces were tight? Loosen all the laces before you try removing and inserting the insoles, and you'll be fine.
Also read another review claiming they were too narrow. I guarantee that I don't have narrow feet, and they fit me just fine. I suspect that reviewer has wide feet. I'm pretty sure they will work for anyone with relatively normal width feet.
I ordered a size 46.5 to match the 46.5 Sidi's I had. They fit the same at that size as the old Sidi Genius 5's.
I ordered the White/Black. The other color options were pretty garish in my opinion. I look forward to the day bright neon colors go out of fashion again.