- Shipping Weight: 0.6 ounces
- ASIN: B004D164VQ
- Item model number: 2024624
- Average Customer Review: 163 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #433,435 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Giro Monaco Road Gloves
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Super Fit design with three-panel palm for a tailored fit; Double-stitched seams in critical areas to enhance durability
- Updated Pittards vented leather palm enhances grip and breathability, resists moisture
- Moisture-wicking, 4-way stretch, breathable mesh
- 3mm Technogel pads distribute pressure more evenly for comfort and durability with less padding
- Highly absorbent microfiber wiping surface; Tear-off finger pockets for easy removal; Sonic-welded pull tab; Low-profile Velcro closure
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Giro Monaco Road Glove has Exceptional feel and performance, with the comfort needed for long hours in the saddle. The Monaco is the most full-featured glove in the Giro line. Designed for high-performance and high-mileage riders, the Monaco’s 3-piece palm and breathable construction is combined with Technogel padding for exceptional pressure distribution, ventilation, and fit.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The gloves are comfortable and fit snugly on my hand. They do run a bit small, so if you're on the edge of sizes or don't like tight gloves then bump up one size. The velcro is just sufficient to keep them on your hands without being an annoyingly large feature, although I'm not sure they'll stand the test of time. These gloves also have a decent amount of padding (more than my last pair). I ride ~40 miles at a time and I never have problems with my hands hurting.
The padding appears to be in the wrong place, at least for the way I typically ride. I'm a relatively aggressive rider, and the padding down the outside of my palm doesn't serve much of a purpose for me. The fingers are also cut a little long for what I'm used to (they almost reach my knuckle); I'm getting used to it, but at first it felt a little funny. Last, the reason these got 3 stars instead of 4 or 5 is because they soak up sweat like it's their job. The first few rides I went on, the gloves were soaked about 30 minutes in (waaay faster than my previous set). Granted, I live in Arizona so they're definitely being put to the test here, but the gloves generally absorb water rather than whisk it away. The padding in the gloves will stay wet for over 12 hours after my ride unless I actively dry them somehow. That being said, I think this will become less of an issue as the padding wears in a bit.
Gloves are like shoes: everyone is going to have differences of opinion on which ones are most comfortable and fit them the best. I think these are designed for a broad audience and are relatively well constructed. At $30 they're probably worth the money, but I'm not sure how much of a benefit they provide over cheaper gloves.
However, the stitching isn't as quality and a hole developed in one of the finger seams after only a day. That said, Giro's customer support was great and sent me a new pair. The only other complaint I have is that the velcro tab is tapered to look stylish, but it ultimately means there is less surface area and it's hard for me to feel like I can really tightening it down as strongly as I'd like.
Most recent customer reviews
BREATHABLE: good material that let it breaths really well even on the Palm of your hand because it has some...Read more
Any impact at a high rate of speed with these gloves and you can just kiss them...Read more