- Item Weight: 10.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B000BO64B4
- Item model number: 108742
- Average Customer Review: 34 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #834,023 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Giro Xen Bike Helmet
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The product has one helmet
- Separate tensioning and position adjustments plus a soft rubber over-molded fit belt that hugs your head in luxury
- In-mold technology fuses the shell with the liner resulting in light, cool, and tough helmets weighing 11 oz./ 310g
- Has 17 Wind Tunnel vents and internal channeling with POV adjustable visor
- The product has 1 year warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
|Department||ADULTS, UNISEX-ADULT, MENS|
|Item Weight||0.64 pounds|
|Package Height||7.17 x 9.13 x 14.02 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.85 pounds|
|Special Size Type||Small|
The Xen balances the smooth, low profile style and coverage of skate-style helmets with the lighter weight and ventilation of high-performance XC helmets. It's the enlightened choice for today's all-mountain ride style.
By combining the low-profile style and coverage of skate-style helmets with the lighter weight and ventilation of high-performance XC helmets, the Giro Xen Mountain Bike Helmet is built for all-mountain riding. This mountain-bike helmet is constructed with Giro's Hardbody in-mold technology that fuses a tough outer microshell to the helmet's EPS foam liner. The fusion process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, making the helmet lighter, cooler and tougher. The Xen utilizes Giro's Roc Loc 4 system, which includes adjustments for fit tensioning and helmet positioning, plus a supple rubber over-molded fit belt for both comfort and stability.
This Giro helmet features wind-tunnel ventilation that combines 17 active vents with internal exhaust channels that force cool, fresh air over and around your head while forcing stale, warm air out. Giro's Xen helmet also features a P.O.V. (Point Of View) adjustable visor that is anchored by a patented internal clutch, which allows 15-degrees of vertical adjustment and prevents the visor from rattling and coming loose over rough terrain.
The Xen mountain helmet comes in three Super Fit sizes, which combine human scale factor data with handcrafted headforms and rider feedback for ultimate comfort. Giro's Xen helmet is a lightweight 310 grams, and complies with U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's safety standards for bicycle helmets.
Helmet Tips--You Should Always...
- Wear a helmet when you ride
- Wear your helmet low in the front to protect the forehead
- Fasten your buckle and tighten your chin strap
- Check your adjustments every time you wear your helmet
- Inspect your helmet regularly for signs of wear or damage
- Wear a helmet designed for your activity
Working late nights in his garage, designer/bike racer Jim Gentes created the first lightweight adult cycling helmet in 1985. Friends at NASA helped tune the final helmet shape and vent placement, and the result was the Giro Prolight, a helmet that was better looking than traditional designs while offering a superior fit and still met the industry's toughest safety standards. Plus, it was half the weight of traditional helmets. Since then, Giro has advanced its helmets, many of which have set the standards for styling, function, and innovation for progressive, performance-oriented riders on dirt, pavement, and snow. Giro helmets are worn by millions of riders, cyclists, skiers, and snowboarders around the world. Young-bloods and old-timers; hard-cores, heshers, and hipsters; rookies, experts, and a few regular Joes too--in fact, pretty much anyone that appreciates superior fit and function, cutting edge styling, and the very best ideas you get in a helmet.
Size: Small | Color: Matte Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I looked online and searched for the exact helmet and was so pleased to find a replacement in my size. I highly recommend this helmet and would advised anyone looking for a bicycle helmet to make sure the fit is snug.
As for the fit, the helmet fits great and the straps are molded right into the helmet itself so they don't shift all over the place. I love the look, the fit and the price. What more do you want?
This is light, comfortable, and well vented. I never have issues with a soppy head after wearing it unless its so hot that actually riding was only marginally intelligent. I have a GT Tequesta and Cannondale Bad Boy, and the matte black looks sharp with either, and particularly with the cannondale.
I will say that if I haven't shaved for a day the chinstrap can be rough, but that's not Giro's fault.
Most recent customer reviews
1. Weight: Heavy, light...Read more