Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 14, 2009
These feet are advertised as stainless steel spikes, and the photo implies you would primarily use them in the field. You certainly wouldn't want the pointy spikes to mar the hardwood floor in your living room. What the photo leaves out is the fact you get two sets of rubber feet that pop over the spikes (see the photo I posted). The smaller set fits nicely on my G1298 Basalt tripod. I assume the larger feet are for Series 3 tripods.

Like the previous reviewer, I lost one of the original feet that came with my tripod, so I ordered these. They are much more robust than the original feet, and you can tighten the spikes securely to the legs with a wrench. I get the impression the rubber feet aren't meant to be regularly popped on and off the spikes. It takes quite a bit of force to push them on, and even more force to pull them off. Regular removal and replacement is likely to wear down the rubber and make them easier to fall off. I plan to leave mine attached.

Be sure to screw on the metal ring as shown on the photo. When you tighten the spikes with a wrench, this ring distributes the force evenly across the face of the tripod leg. There are two sizes of rings, so pick the one that fits best with the diameter of your tripod legs.

Overall these are much better than the feet that came with my tripod, and even if I hadn't lost one of them, I'd still switch to these.
review image
20 people found this helpful
on April 17, 2013
These are great, not that the originals were not, they to were outstanding with never a problem.
but these spikes add an additional feature to my Gitzo making it more versitile. The pkg comes with
3 spikes and 2 sets of rubber feet, one medium rubber and one set of large rubber feet.
WELL WORTH THE MONEY. oh one last thing you can tighten these down with a wrench so all you
guys and gals who lose feet these a perfect.
3 people found this helpful
on April 12, 2014
As others have noted, it is easy to lose one (or more) of the screw-in feet that come with these great tripods. This kit replaces the stock feet with spikes AND two sets of rubber tips AND two sets of washers to go with the appropriate tips. Highly recommended, but I suggest you use red LocTite thread locking compound or a similar product so you won't lose your new spikes. There are also green and blue LocTite so check with your parts supplier for the best version to use.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 28, 2016
These feet are a great addition to your tripod. Feels sturdier and give a bit more peace of mind if you have some expensive gear on it. The larger feet does make it a bit snug if you buy Gitzo's traveler bag though, just a heads up. It still fits in the bag though.
on February 12, 2016
Fit perfectly and I don't have to worry about list tripod feet anymore. The spikes grab just about anything. I love these, though I wish they would have come with the Gitzo tripod I purchased. I understand the business strategy, though your customers might feel less gouged.
on February 22, 2014
the spikes (and the rubber feet that cover them) are what you would expect from a top name-brand such as Gitzo: perfectly made, sturdy, and fairly expensive. I have used them in snow and ice, and they perform flawlessly.
on July 6, 2014
work great...superb quality and work perfectly with Really Right Stuff tripod for half the price
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2013
I like that this set came with rubber caps so that you can use it like your normal tripod too, if you are not setting up on a lawn.
on March 18, 2015
I just received these & they do fit Gitzo series one as long as the original feet have 3/8" threads. I put them on my Gitzo GT1830 Basalt Series one tripod. They come with two sizes of black aluminum washers & two sizes of rubber feet. I used the smaller sizes on mine. Be sure to use the washers. See my photos.
review image
on November 22, 2015
These are a big improvement over the factor supplied feet, which is a bit odd for a nearly $1,000 product Gitzo should update their product. Others have the same comment. I used a little lock tight on these and have little fear of losing them again.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.