Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Gitzo GS5000 3/8-Inch to 1/4-20-Inch Reducer Adapter

I bought this adapter for use with my camera / monopod / ball head. The ball head requires 3/8" and I thought the monopod had 1/4". I found out I really didn't need this because my Manfrotto monopod actually has both 3/8" and 1/4" screws. However, I did attach it just to see how well it fit; very smooth, not rough, fit perfectly. Came off just as easily.

The quality of this is superb. It is well crafted and looks much better than the photo. It is well machined and smooth, appears to be very high grade steel - not cheap metal that's likely to break.

I'll keep this in my bag until I get a tripod. It's well worth the $5 I paid, and still worth the $10 its going for now. My father is a retired machinist, and he couldn't believe the quality. I can't express enough how fine this steel is; it really is worth it. You get what you pay for with this particular product.
2 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2009
This adapter is well built and works well. If you have a tripod with a 1/4in mount and you want to mount a head with a 3/8in receptacle, then this adapter is what you need. I was worried that the adapter might get stuck inside my camera's tripod mount, but is hasn't yet. Further, if it did, the adapter has a slot that you can fit a blade screwdriver into and turn it out again.

Note that you should make sure that your tripod can support a 3/8 head when using this adapter. That is, smaller tripods (which are more likely to have the 1/4in mount) can become less stable with inappropriately sized heads (and cameras) on them, so be careful.

I would have rated it 5-stars if it were 1-2 threads longer.
6 people found this helpful
on April 12, 2012
I had some reservations about the price of the adapter, but this little piece is of very good quality. I have screwed it and unscrewed it several times very tightly and there are no marks of a screwdriver on it.
Adapter looks much nicer in real life than on the picture provided. Smooth and shiny.
I give 4 stars because almost $10 is still too much for this.
on January 30, 2016
It works.
on March 15, 2010
Fits both the 1/4 and 3/8 threads properly. When used the head fits the tripod well with no wiggle. That is what it is supposed to do and it does it well enough.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Not the most exciting product on the block, but if you need it you need it. Quality is fine and it does what it does.
on December 7, 2013
After buying a monopod and a ball head, I found that I needed this adapter to connect the two, as one thread is 3/8 and the other is 1/4. So go ahead and get the adapter as you will need it.
on December 20, 2010
I have an older tripod with a 1/4 mount. As a result I couldn't properly attach my Manfrotto 488RC2 ballhead. This adapter worked perfectly and allowed me to successfully marry the two. Why 4 stars? $4 seems a little pricey to me for such a small piece of metal.
on July 1, 2012
Finally, I can firmly install my Manfrotto 488RC2 ball head on my SLIK pro 814CF tripod with this adapter. Just think it is a little bit overpriced for such a small parts.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.