- File Size: 587 KB
- Print Length: 275 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0062015877
- Publisher: HarperCollins e-books; Reprint edition (August 17, 2010)
- Publication Date: August 17, 2010
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003UYUU44
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,082,771 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #390 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Parties
- #466 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics
- #543 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Political Freedom
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $7.00 (47%)
Price set by seller.
Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto Kindle Edition
|Length: 275 pages||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
FINALLY, a book written BY the people, FOR the people of the tea party movement.
Admittedly, I was nervous this book would be boring, but it was a really fun read....I finished it in one day! I loved the way Armey and Kibbe tell the stories of a select few individuals who planted the seed for the movement in the very beginning stages. I only wish more people would tell their stories.
It's amazing what can be accomplished when the silent majority finally gets up from their couches and makes their voices heard!!
Dick Armey has a long history in politics and explains the events clearly.
Considering that I was not looking for an activist handbook, much of this was lost on me. I'm not sure what I expected from this book, but I definitely wasn't expecting what I actually found. It's a pretty quick read, so worth checking out and forming your own opinion on.
Reading GIVE US LIBERTY reminded me of an Abraham Lincoln quote: "Politicians are a set of men who have interests aside from the interests of the people, and who, to say the most of them, are, taken as a mass, at least one long step removed from honest men. I say this with the greater freedom because, being a politician myself, none can regard it as personal."
Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe (who should not be forgotten here) give a history of the tea party in the stories of the normal people who decided they had enough. Anyone who has covered the tea party as I have would recognize the stories, they with slight variation have been repeated over and over again in the words of average people I've talked to.
The stories are inspiring tales of the power of the average voter, but it is also a story of how the republican party failed to keep its promises and partly of the pragmatic decisions that a group has to make to achieve their ends.
There is not a definite history of the tea party (perhaps I should get writing myself) but it is a better than average start to understand the political phenom of this cycle.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this has been passed around to dozens of friend and fellow tea partiers.Published 17 months ago by Joe Cool
If we don't educate ourselves about how this country should be run, we will sure lose our freedoms. Right now we have a President with nothing between his ears.Published on November 19, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Dick Armey is a great writer! Really enjoyed learning more about the foundation of America.Would recommend this book to others.Published on June 28, 2013 by M. Parrish
I. The book suffers greatly from a lack of focus and credibility:
a. The book does not make any real effort to explain Tea Party goals until chapter 4, and you can skip... Read more
If you are looking for some insight into the Tea Party, pass on this book. It makes no attempt at being fair minded, open or honest. Read morePublished on February 14, 2013 by K. Smith
The Tea Party, according to the authors of Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto, was born on September 29, 2008 when concerned citizens from around the country took to the... Read morePublished on December 16, 2011 by Brian Denton
propaganda. Misguided and confused group of folks these tea baggers. Buy HELL NO instead and stand up to corporation run govt instead of becoming their pawns.Published on September 7, 2011 by cc
There is nothing about this book worth all of the bravado unless you want to read a story about propaganda and how easy it is to use ancient tactics to move a group of people... Read morePublished on September 6, 2011 by Honest to a T
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > History
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Parties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Commentary & Opinion
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Political Freedom
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Parties
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Political Freedom