- File Size: 512 KB
- Print Length: 43 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 27, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007P8BGHG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#895,804 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #799 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- #1297 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- #1787 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Business
Giving The Bird: The Indie Author's Guide to Twitter Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Knowledge like this CAN hurt.
This is the first common sense "how to do it" no BS book about today's technology and social media I have ever read, let alone purchased.
Wallace gives the reader the benefit of his decade-plus in advertising, marketing and promotions by explaining what Twitter can and cannot do, and better yet, what you should and (more importantly) should NOT do.
The book is easy to read (ask my aching neck if you don't believe me), very concise, self-deprecating at just the right places, brutally honest and best of all, it works.
What this book is NOT: It is not one of those scam direct advertisement debacles you get spammed with in which you read and read and read, scroll down the page and keep scrolling only to get to the part that says, "For the REAL secret of how to make zillions of dollars like me, sign up for my secret newsletter and send $24.95 for my amazing secrets all contained in this incredible e-book!!!"
What this book IS: The best damn $3 you'll spend on an e-book this year if you are in to social networking and social media to enhance your present business model.
Good job, Mr. Wallace.
While it covers the basics of using Twitter, its real strength lies in the "why" and "what for" departments. Rather than simply re-telling us how to use the service, the author does a great job of explaining how to build an audience by following the unwritten rules of Tweeting etiquette. Moreover, the slant of this little guide is geared toward authors looking to promote and sell their work without making the same, obnoxious mistakes currently cluttering up the Twitterverse.
My only complaint was that I found the dinner party metaphor a tad trite. Mercifully, it only lasted a page or so. Perhaps this little niggle is the result of my real-life aversion to dinner parties in general, and something for which I shouldn't fault the author. Sorry.
I would recommend this guide over all of the others to anyone considering using Twitter. It's short, sweet, and simple -- you know, just like a tweet.
I immediately changed my Twitter profile to what he recommended and did only one step he outlines (I'm taking this in small chunks) and I went from 45 followers the first day to 121 two days later. Two days! And I haven't actually completed that first step - it's a process. So do I recommend this book? Absolutely. It's short, sweet, and to the point. And more importantly, it works right out of the gate.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Processes & Infrastructure > E-Commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Business Technology > Web Marketing
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > E-commerce
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Business > Web Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship