|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $7.00 (39%)
Price set by seller.
The Giving Tree Kindle Edition
|Length: 57 pages||Age Level: 4 - 8||Grade Level: P - 3|
Fire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Like movies, books of all kinds are very personal. What I mean is everyones perception of what they are viewing , in this case reading are very different.
All that I can honestly say about this book, what some people say is "controversial" is it ;
touches on feelings
teaches about selfishness
teaches about selflessness
teaches about caring
teaches about giving
this book really tugs at all the emotions everyone goes through one time or another. Or even all at once.
It has turned into a discussion book for all my grandkids. Through your own eyes, minds & hearts is how each person feels & experiences when they read this book, or has it read to them.
The book is a hardback & comes with a cover resembling the cover of the book. There are only 30 pages to these book. The illustrations are clean & simple black drawings on crisp white pages. These pages aren't numbered, just clean illustrations.
I hope this review helped.
I keep my copy in our livingroom, it's there always.
📖THANKS FOR READING, BYE📚
As for the content of the book, I was stunned to learn that "The Giving Tree" is a book that apparently is really hit or miss on Amazon. I had no idea as many people loved it as hated it. I personally love the story, even if it is a sad one. As most everyone knows, the whole premise of the story is a tree who loves the little boy unconditionally, and a boy who never returns the love, but continually takes until there is nothing left to take. We can choose to view this metaphor in a bunch of ways. The tree could be the parent, or the tree could be Earth and the child humanity. Either way it is a book that makes you think, and can definitely be used as a teaching book or a critical thinking book. It is not a book you read to a 1 or 2 year old, but one you read along with older children and ask questions as you go along. I can't wait until my children are old enough to share it with them!
"The Giving Tree" is a rigorous and powerful with numerous themes, serious attention to writer's craft, and simple, yet poignant, illustrations to tell a very important story. You can use this text for just about any skill, along with using it to teach life lessons. This book is the perfect way to introduce reluctant readers to books, thus helping to create their reading lives.
The language is appropriate for my 5th grade students. They will enjoy this book's pacing, the flow, and the ending of the book, just as I did as a child, and love now that I'm a teacher. I highly recommend.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Classics
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- Books > Reference > English as a Second Language
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Learning > ESL
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Multigenerational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Emotions & Feelings
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Language Instruction > English as a Foreign Language