Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > The Last Story - Nintendo Wii forum

So Glad I Can Buy This From Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-42 of 42 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 6, 2012, 9:17:55 PM PST
Ditzy_yesi says:
Its sad but now we know how Europe felt back in the old days when it used to be only America getting good games. Now it looks like the tables of turned. Is it just me or has Nintendo been releasing their games in Europe before America sometimes before Japan? Im not complaining or anything but ive been noticing it a lot lately.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012, 7:17:29 AM PST
Jack Coffee says:
Doesn't happen that much. It's still a safer bet to be NA. It seems it's cheaper and released earlier usually. There have been a few games exclusive to the Wii this generation in Europe and not NA, so there was a slight shift. There was a fear that Xenoblade and Last Story won't arrive in NA. Now it did. But I think NA still has the edge both in release time and in the d/l games, like Wiiware and VC.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012, 1:26:52 PM PST
Yeah, but Japan still gets loads of Wii Channels, though, while we haven't received anything since... what, the Nintendo Channel? Back in '07 or '08?

Posted on Mar 8, 2012, 2:22:36 AM PST
Jack Coffee says:
Yes, Japan does get the best online service also in terms of Virtual Console games. I was comparing to Europe.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012, 6:41:19 AM PST
moogle11 says:
Nintendo FTW !

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012, 7:04:53 AM PST
WolfPup says:
YES! I just saw that this is listed here! I think I'll buy Xenoblade just to support it, but what I REALLY wanted was Last Story.

So glad that Nintendo apparently is allowing XSeed to publish it. I was fine if they didn't want to bring it here, but ticked when I thought they weren't letting anyone else do it either.

Don't know if you Operation Rainfall guys are the reason for all this or not, but I suspect you are, or helped!

Now I HOPE that people who have or were going to import it buy a U.S. copy of these games...many don't seem to get that they're cheating us out of future games if they don't.

Last Story is actually the main reason I kept my Wii years ago, although now I've got a lot of platformers that unfortunately I can't get elsewhere.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012, 12:29:53 PM PST
Lucky I've started to really enjoy RPGs in the last year or so (never used to be my thing), because it makes me all the happier to support both this and Xenoblade. I already have them both on pre-order, and I hope everyone else will do their part to show their support and get more games like this released in the U.S.!

Posted on Mar 8, 2012, 12:55:45 PM PST
Erica says:
I got both The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles preordered, and hoping for Pandora's Tower to join the party later in the year!

Posted on Mar 8, 2012, 12:58:02 PM PST
WolfPup says:
What is Pandora's Tower?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012, 7:36:29 PM PST
R. Tyner says:
Pandora's Tower is another JRPG published by Nintendo, being localized for Europe, but with no release announced for the Americas. It is coming out in Europe on April, 13th. Pandora's Tower is the other Operation Rainfall game along with The Last Story and Xenoblade.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012, 3:22:46 PM PST
X. Thomas says:
Pandora's Tower is quite a bit different from what I've seen/heard. Though, I guess you could say the same for Xenoblade and The Last Story. Anyway, Pandora's Tower has been called "3D Castlevania done right," and there are probably some similarities. You can forge weapons, upgrade items, level up, and apparently make a few interesting choices through the game. It plays like a God of War-style hack and slash, from what I've heard. NoE and NoJ have advertised it as an "Action RPG," for whatever that is worth.

But anyway, I have both Xenoblade and The Last Story pre-ordered, and am really hoping the hints that XSeed has dropped about a CE come true. I want one!

Posted on Mar 10, 2012, 5:16:55 AM PST
moogle11 says:
Two down, one to go, man, if this keeps up there might actually still be a decent sized active Wii install base by the time Dragon Quest X arrives...

Posted on Mar 10, 2012, 6:44:41 PM PST
WolfPup says:
Oh right...that's so weird DQ10 is hitting the Wii, and so late.

I just preordered Last Story! It's the one I most cared about, though I may buy the other two too. Half just to support this...

Posted on Mar 11, 2012, 8:23:32 PM PDT
I keep crossing my fingers now that we'll get that cool Xenoblade bundle with the red Classic Controller Pro that Europe got... come on, Nintendo! But Nintendo's probably thinking that we should be counting our blessings just to get Xenoblade, period. :-/

Posted on Mar 11, 2012, 10:13:00 PM PDT
Krylancelo says:
I would like the Xenoblade classic controller bundle too, since I never had a normal controller for my wii. I am totally happy about the Last Story too!

Posted on Mar 28, 2012, 6:12:56 PM PDT
T. Lyon says:
I would preorder on Amazon, but with no release date delivery, I may just end up going to GameStop.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012, 12:12:49 AM PDT
As long as you order just the game you can just choose free shipping and change it to release day delivery when a release date is announced. It's what I did for diablo 3.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about