Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Glad Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags, 13 Gallon, 45 Count
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on November 25, 2011
We've been using these bags for YEARS and they've always done the job until Glad changed their design. The box now says "Stronger With Less Plastic". They got that half right. It's less plastic for sure, but they now shred easily. If you push the trash down, they shred. If you put something in with a hard edge, they shred. If you don't pull the strings with a delicate touch, they shred. These are just terrible. We're going to try switching to the Sam's Club or Costco store brand bags and see if they work better. I'm definitely not buying these bags again unless they switch back to their old design. If anybody knows of another brand that works as well as these bags used to work, please post it in a review so we can all switch bags and move on with our lives. :)
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2011
"Stronger with Less Plastic" - yeah, right. Less plastic sure enough. I lifted the first one I used by the drawstring, and ended up standing there with the drawstring in hand and a shredded opening on the trash bag. Great, clean up the mess and get to use a second bag which also shredded. Spin and twist the bags and they still tear below the twist.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2013
I bought these after reading a Consumer Reports evaluation of the strength of garbage bags. My daughter has lots of diapers which weighs heavily in garbage bags. I used to buy generic store-brand bags, but the bags kept ripping. These suckers are pretty strong. I don't want to shell out the extra cash to buy construction-grade bags, so these are an excellent substitute for kitchen trash and diapers and haven't torn yet.
on May 15, 2013
I love these bags because they are just easy to use. They are not rolled together on one sheet so they are easy to just pull out of the box without fussing with tearing at all. They are very strong, we pack them full and they never break. I always pay a bit more for glad than the store brands because I know that they are never going to break.
on March 11, 2014
Well, these are pretty great. They fit the standard kitchen trash can size and wrap around the rim nice and tight. We use a plastic can with a lid that snaps on and opens with a top lever, to keep the dogs out and make it easy on the wheelchair user whose feet don't touch the floor. The dogs learned how to get in, but they can't get the bag out, or even tear it. The top seams that hold the handles are good and strong, and hold up even when the ancient senile one pulls the bag out of the trash can, drags it over twenty feet of linoleum and plywood, and throws it down the outside steps to make a point. (That point, we assume, being that he's senile.)

The bags also have a nice fresh scent that keeps the trash from getting overwhelming, and makes the kitchen smell nice whenever a new one is first shaken out for use.
on December 30, 2012
We've lost two out of six of them so far. They are really much weaker and more likely shred and tear. We've been doubling them up which we are sure is a great way to save our natural resources. We guess it's progress like those low flow shower heads requiring longer showers to get the soap off and low flush toilets having to be flushed twice.
on May 1, 2012
I tried and switched to these bags about a year ago and recently i find us having to double bag because they rip under the slightest pressure.
Supposedly they changed the formula to make these easier to biodegrade. Im all for anything to better our environment but wheres the savings
when we have to double up just to get it to the street??????????????????
on November 17, 2013
If you have read my other reviews, you know that I buy many, many items at Amazon rather than at local stores. It is very easy to go to my computer and order items when my supply is getting low and this way I never run out of anything. I have used GLAD TALL KITCHEN BAGS for years but just started buying them at Amazon. The quality is the same and they are delivered right to my door. I love the convenience and the cost is less than in most of the stores.
I have used Glad tall kitchen bags for years and years.
The only reason I gave them 4 stars, instead of 5, which I would have a couple years ago, is my last two boxes of these were very thin, and I had a few bags rip. I have never had that happen with Glad.

I am assuming I just bought the two boxes and got a bad batch.
If my new ones rip, I will update you.
on September 4, 2012
I have resorted to doubling up these bags because they leak EVERY TIME. The sooner I am done with this box the better! This is a result of the re-design. Never had a problem with Glad bags before this.

See 1 answered question