Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 225 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 242 reviews
on September 4, 2016
I've been using these bags for the last 3 years or so and I like them. They are an inexpensive solution for your LIGHT trash needs. These bags are very thin and do not appear to be meant for heavy trash needs, i.e. kitchen trash filled to the brim with heavy items. I use these in a small trash can in the living room corner for light trash and I have found they are perfect for my shredded trash. They keep all that confetti neatly contained until I can take it out to my recycle can.

I have arthritic hands so getting these bags opened can be a little tricky for me. I've found it's easier just to rub it between your hands to loosen the flaps up then it is easy to finish opening. My daughter can just pull on the flaps and pull them apart. I can't stress enough that if you are looking for a bag for heavy duty trash, you might want to look elsewhere. These are perfect for my needs and the price is right!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my review. I do hope that it was able to assist you in some way. Have a beautiful day!
on January 24, 2015
If you enjoy picking up messes and maybe you don't wash your floors until you spill something on it, like me, these are GREAT! You'll find your floors will be spotless from having to mop them up every time you change your trash bags.
Good enough if you only throw away tissues and cotton balls, I suppose, but for our Real Manly Trash and kitchen refuse, they raised my husband's blood pressure and only created more of a mess as they split open when he removed the filled bag from the trash bin. Since he rarely remembers to put a new bag in the bin, they also were helpful for my blood pressure, as the stress of trying not to tear them as I got a new one off the roll definitely added some points to my usually low numbers.
Flap Tie looks like a good idea, and although I was happy to try them out and stop putting so much plastic crap in the landfill, it was not worth the aggravation.
on April 30, 2013
These are the worst trash bags I have ever bought. they are very thin and many were torn already. When you try to pull them open they tear again. I threw away the outer wrap so was unable to call the company to complain. I would never buy them again
on July 8, 2015
These bags are satisfactory but must be handled carefully. They are not heavy-duty. They need to be detached from the roll carefully (not snapped apart) and shook open without attempting to force the bottom of the bag to open more fully. As long as something sharp inside the bag isn't pressed against the side they won't split open. I've just finished using all 40 bags without any problems at all, filling them with routine kitchen trash and food debris.

That said, the current pricing mystifies me. I bought my roll for $3.44, 8+ cents each, less than generic supermarket 40-packs, and about the same as 80-packs. Now that I want to re-order, the price has skyrocketed to $8.00 and stayed there, and competing items on Amazon are similar, in the 17-20 cent range. That's more than most heavier-weight 30-gallon bags. I guess this is just one of those items that won't be a better deal from Amazon vendors, and should just be purchased from Walmart, Costco, or the local supermarket's generic equivalent ...
on February 5, 2014
I am at a loss to understand the negative comments from some reviewers on these bags. In fact, I'm revising my initial review because after using them for a few weeks, I've discovered that not only are they as good as Glad original white plastic trash bags, they're better.

Because they're made of a stronger version of the crackly plastic material that grocery bags are made of, I initially thought they would not be as strong. Untrue. After many uses in which I've shoved as much heavy garbage as I could into the can before pulling out the bag, I find that unlike the regular glad white bags that often stretch and/or cling when you pull them out of the can, creating holes and tears, these neither stretch nor cling. They slide out easily and the handles stay strong. I have yet to have one of these bags tear a hole and start dropping trash on the way to the dumpster the way the regular white bags do.

I am also perplexed as to why some people are complaining about not being able to get them off of the roll without tearing. They unroll easily; you just tear one off at its end. It ain't rocket science.

Five stars; I'm switching to these bags for as long as I can find them.
on January 11, 2014
Considering how many bags you get for the price, I think this is a good value. However, these bags are definitely not designed to carry heavy loads, as the bags are thin and easily to be torn. For a basic load of trash (paper products etc), these work just fine, just like the other cheap trash bags at the dollar store, that you get about 10 bags for $1.00.....but you get more bags for a cheaper price if you buy these. They serve their purpose for me, but I would definitely recommend a much "stronger" bag for heavy, wet/liquid scraps that you might want to discard in your kitchen trash can. This bag would not serve that purpose.

UPDATE: June 8, 2014 It looks like GLAD read some of the complaints that were posted here about these trash bags because the newest order I received this week is a tad bit thicker in size, so a little more sturdier. Of course they're not like your premium type of trash bags, but these are now better and you don't have to be so careful opening them or carrying them. I had rated them with 3 stars initially, but I've raised it to 4 stars because you do get your money's worth out of these and they're still cheaper in price than the dollar store too which usually charges $1.00 for 10 bags. So 4 stars it will be.
on December 2, 2015
Flimsy and tear so easily. Lesson learned buy trashbags in person lol. Make great bag for diapers though. Just can't carry weight I used for my kitchen trashcan and it's been a disaster when they break and trash falls all over the place. Needless to say hubby was mad lol
on May 20, 2013
These bags have no structural integrity. They split in half just trying to open them. There are plenty of other options out there for trash bags, buy something else.
on November 11, 2013
If I could give these a 0 star review, I would. They are horrible! They tear so easily. When you just try to tear them from the roll, they rip. When you try to open them, they rip. They are the worst trash bags ever, and I am SO surprised that they are made by Glad. Very Very disappointed.
on February 21, 2015
These bags are ok, but they're not quite as tough as I expected Glad Bags to be. I'm always afraid I'm gonna end up picking up trash because the bag split. To be fair, that hasn't happened yet, but that may be because I'm a little more careful with them because they're flimsy. When my daughter asked me, "Aren't these a little thin?", I replied, "Use two... We've got 80 of the things". Yep I bought two.
The price was good but it looks like I've proved that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'll compare "mils thick" next time, but truthfully, I didn't think I needed to do that with the Glad brand.