Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 17, 2016
There's a lot of jargon in this very intense but brief 66 page piece. It's not long enough to learn the jargon used by the author and makes it seem like a chapter out of a much longer book. On the other hand, this story arc fits this story beautifully. I knew the chickensh*t Hernandez was doomed from where we met him, I just wasn't sure when or how. The author has a lot of characters and manages to sketch each one well enough for them to move the story forward. He uses the seemingly chaotic elements of the prison environment to tell the story of the execution among stories of the characters. My complaint is that this should have been a much longer book. There are so many interesting characters, I would have liked to get to know them. On the other hand, this story was written with a great deal of contained and intense emotion that I suspect is difficult to sustain for long. I'm not a big fan of prison stories but this one grabbed me and held on because there was usually enough back story and character development to keep it going. I still think it would make a great book but needs to be longer.
on April 9, 2013
Ok this book was a little bit better than the last one that I read by Glenn but I am still having a lot of issues. I need a book; I consider stories that are this many pages to be either a short story or a novella. This is not a complete book to me. I'm sorry but it's just not, all of them have been extremely short and I am starting to think that maybe he should have put them all together and they would have made up a book.

Like I said before I like the story, I think it is very informative and he is doing a great thing by speaking out about what happened in prison while he was there. He is exposing who and what is corrupt but I just think it could be done better.

I really do enjoy what he has to say and the story he has to tell but I just feel like a lot of the details are missing and there is not enough to the story. It's just too short for me and the ending always makes me feel like I was left hanging.

Maybe I am being too harsh but I really want to like these book and I would just like to see them improved upon.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
The story just stops. It's like the author just got tired of writing the story, hit period, and uploaded the book to KDP.

It's a shame because it was an interesting story.
on April 26, 2017
I loved this book! But it just ended to quickly. It was awesome though. Right on Glenn.
on May 24, 2012
Gladiator by Glenn Langohr
Prison Killers Series - Volume 3
In Gladiator we once again find Benny Johnson, AKA - BJ, behind bars....or more like behind a door with honeycomb style holes. He violated parole and was sent to prison, again. Only this time he has left a wife behind, on the outside. We find him with his cellie, Damon, and like a soap opera we watch `The Prison Days of Our Lives' play out. There is the tension between the races, Whites, Blacks, Asians and the different Mexican gangs. A cocky tower guard who enjoys taunting them causes even more waves. Some of the characters from the earlier books join BJ and Damon as well. And interesting new ones, like a young man with an identity crisis.

They wait for the right moments in time to handle business, revenge has a long arm. It's also patient. Just waiting for the right person and time to carry it out. These books contain situations that are not for the faint of heart. This book may be fiction but the fact is that the violence does happen in the real world.

Glenn writes these stories in such a way that the emotional part grabs the reader and pulls you in. He will tell you the background of a young boy and how he ended up in prison. When his characters are hurt or die....you can almost feel the loss. He writes into the characters how life has hardened some and how others have kept that soft spot in their heart alive, somehow. Every book I have read so far from this author has influenced the way I think of those locked behind bars. Not all are the murderers and rapists. Some are still young and had nowhere to turn....except the streets.
**Language and violence. Considering the background of this book with drugs, gangs and prison, the author has kept all of this at a minimum.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on August 12, 2013
Would of gave it 5 stars but the grammar drove me nuts. English was one of my weaknesses in high school. That's why I didn't totally shoot this book down. Have someone from your church help you with editing if your going to continue to write books.
You'll get better as time goes on. This is still good READING, again, just clean up the grammar and punctuation.
2 helpful votes
on June 22, 2014
If you are a fan of the lock up series, or prison stories of any type, you must read these fact based books now. I found them compelling, could not put it down-Glenn hit a home run with these!! I have only read 2 so far, but am planning on collecting the entire series.
on September 16, 2012
The book is bare bones descriptive of serious prison life. The author says he began writing about his experiences as a prisoner and now has a ministry for prisoners.

The descriptions reminded me of Tom wolfe's A Man in Full.

It has an abrupt ending, but then how would a happy ending make any sense.
on February 27, 2015
Just like most other prison stories, the writer always glorifies his gang and self. If your gonna make a commercial about yourself, let an actor do it.
on November 26, 2014
My fault I didn't realize it was a short (very short) story.
Maybe that was a good thing because it really wasn't worth reading.