Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Glamorous Movie Stars of the Thirties Paper Dolls Paperback – November 1, 1978
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
One of the leading authorities on fashion history, Tom Tierney created over 150 paper doll books for Dover Publications. With subjects ranging from U.S. Presidents to popular movie stars, Mr. Tierney's books are famous for being carefully researched and meticulously rendered. His releases are prized by fashion professionals, collectors, and paper doll lovers all over the world.
Top customer reviews
These film costumes were designed by some of the famous designers of 1930s Hollywood that included; Adrian, Travis Banton, Robert Kalloch, Gwen Wakeling, Dolly Tree, Sam Lange and Murray Mayer. I think this book will be well liked by young children and also the students of fashion design as this provides a beautiful visual history of Hollywood's greatest years.
1. Glamorous Movie Stars of the 1950s Paper Dolls (Dover Celebrity Paper Dolls)
2. Favorite African-American Movie Stars Paper Dolls (Dover Celebrity Paper Dolls)
3. Glamorous Movie Stars of the Eighties Paper Dolls (Dover Celebrity Paper Dolls)
4. Marilyn Monroe Paper Dolls (Dover Celebrity Paper Dolls)
5. Glamorous Stars of the Forties Paper Dolls (Dover Celebrity Paper Dolls)
6. Glamorous Movie Stars of the Seventies Paper Dolls (Dover Celebrity Paper Dolls)
7. Movie-Star Portraits of the Forties
8. Royal Portraits in Hollywood: Filming the Lives of Queens
9. Allure of Beauty: Women in Hollywood
10. Bombshells: Glamour Girls of a Lifetime
A note to the artist, the sequinned gown worn by Joan Crawford in "The Women" was gold not red (source: "Gowns by Adrian").