Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 167 reviews
on January 23, 2015
These are expensive. There is no way around that. Still, I'll be ordering more in many sizes as a yearly treat (that's also how I collected my USA pans.) This are terrific storage containers! So far, I've stored veggies, including avocados, in them. I've frozen soups in them and I've marinated stir fry meats in them. They stack beautifully in the fridge and freezer and are very sturdy (though I don't let anyone else wash them.) The side latches are tight and secure.

A couple of notes -

I don't use these in the microwave. After defrosting, I heat up contents on stove or in another bowl in the microwave.

I wash these by hand. I don't put anything with rubber gaskets in the dishwasher since the soap and the heat makes the rubber brittle.

The tops should be dry out completely before storing them and I don't store them with the tops clicked down. That will prevent any molds developing in the folds.

Also, the weak point in this design is the plastic hinges in the tops. The less they are flexed, to secure the tops, the longer they will last. So that's another good reason to store these with the tops off.

An enthusiastic five stars!
on November 21, 2011
I love these containers, and I really like how the lid works and we find them to be leakproof, making them great for taking leftovers for lunch. We go the 17 oz. square containers, but I find the size measurement to be off. Only if you fill it so full that you couldn't put on the lid could you get 17 oz of liquid in here. I would describe the 17 oz containers to actually hold 14 ounces. I don't have this brand in the other sizes, so I'm not sure if they are similarly mis-sized but I would assume so. I have searched everywhere in vain for a leak proof, square, glass food storage container that will hold 2 cups (they do have a 24 oz. size but it is round, which I just don't feel is as space efficient in the cabinet and refrigerator as I would like) - so my search continues!
on October 8, 2012
I have been using these for 6 months or so and am quite pleased with the quality of the product. I am writing this however to say "great service" to the company. I dropped one of these as I took it out of the freezer where I use them to keep my drip coffee beans in 1/3 pound portions. The glass did fine but the lid cracked on the ceramic tile floor. I emailed the company and they sent me, from Korea to California, a new lid. I am quite sure it cost them more in postage then they would profit from selling several sets of these containers. So hats off to them, they will be my container supplier of choice from now on.
KDM
on December 19, 2012
Read my review of the Kinetic Beverage Shaker as it will provide some more perspective on the Kinetic products listed.

I purchased these food storage containers to get away from the plastic ones. I like many prepare meals ahead and freeze them for later. The dimensions as listed 5 x 5 x 2.8 inches and 17 oz, suited my intended use very well

I will say the product is nice looking and has a very solid feeling to it but that is the end of it.

To make a long story short the physical dimension are not even close to 5 x 5 x 2.8 so they would not meet my intended use. But thanks to Amazons return policy I was able to return them with out cost.

I would wary of any advertised dimensions meeting a specific need you have. For example their 37 oz rectangular container is listed as 14 x 14 x 4 inches and their 64 oz is 16 x 16 x 4 inches. That sounds more like a square to me
on November 23, 2013
One should really get away from plastic in food storage containers because of the BPA that leach out from them, and the fact that they stain easily when heated. These are the perfect size and have a good seal for carrying soups or liquid foods for your lunch. They come out sparkly clean from the dishwasher, although I wash the lids by hand so they last longer as I haven't found a place that sells the lids only. I also recommend that you don't stack them one in the other although they will nest that way because I've chipped a few at the rim doing that and then they will leak. Stack as the picture shows with the lid on although it takes more room. I'd get more if they weren't so expensive. I have these in a few sizes and shapes.
on October 9, 2016
The kinetic go green line of containers is my favorite I've ever owned. I have several sizes, and I love them all! The square 15 oz is perfect for a side of fruit, some veggies, or a small amount of leftovers. The 30 oz rectangle is perfect for packing a meal to take to work - chicken and veggies, a steak and mashed potatoes, lasagna, etc. I used to use the rubbermaid glass containers with the red lids, but I love the shape and sizes of these so much better, and they feel WAY more secure than the rubbermaids.
I wash all of them in the dishwasher a TON - glass bottoms wherever, but tops always on the top rack - and I've never had any issues with melting or bending of any kind. Same goes for the microwave. I don't use the vent on the top - I just undo the lid and set it loosely on the container - but the lid has never had any issues going thru the microwave. The lids are not super easy to snap on, but definitely manageable - but I appreciate that because I know they're 100% leak proof! I honestly can't say enough good things about these products, and I can't wait to buy even more sizes as I need them.
on April 4, 2011
This review is for the 17 oz containers in a set of 3.
I am so thrilled that Amazon offers this product. I have been eyeing the Glasslock set at Costco for a long time. Only problem was, it has all these assorted sizes from the tiniest to the largest container, and not enough numbers of the one size I really wanted (~16-20 oz). Anyway, patience paid off. I bought this set when the price dropped to $12.99 here. Happy customer.
I pack my kids lunch in this container. The leak-proof, air-tight lids are such a blessing! My kids operate them with ease. The shape and size of the 17 oz is perfect for 2 peanut butter sandwiches with edges cut off. Now the squirrels do not bite and rip open the lunch bag to steal the peanut butter sandwiches. They can't smell the peanut butter anymore!
Many times, I prepare pasta in the morning and pack it for lunch. I no longer have to deal with that lurking feeling that the plastic reacted and leeched somehow into the food. I don't have to deal with red spaghetti sauce stains adhered to the plastic insides of the lunch box. I don't have to deal with little pits and peels on the plastic from fork stabs.
Finally, freedom from plastic! I love this product and highly recommend it - in all shapes and sizes.
on October 12, 2014
I keep cheese in these besides left overs. The cheese lasts a long time.
No unwanted mold showing up as often happens. I wash the glass part
in the dishwasher, but hand wash the plastic lids and rubber gaskets.
So far they have all been used over and over and the lids still fit. I like
these very much. The lids seem a bit difficult to snap on at first, but if
you push down on the center of the lid while snapping the sides they
work perfectly. Hard cheeses last a very long time, never dry out and
rarely get mold.
on February 1, 2014
I have my own, and I have bought them for a friend who also loves them. When you have leftovers to bring in, or you make your own lunch in the morning, you need something to seal it in so it won't leak all over your bag on the way to work. These lock and seal quite securely. Then, when you are at work and want to warm up your lunch, you want something that's microwave safe. It's not really a good idea to microwave food in most plastics, at least not on a regular basis. The bottoms of these containers are glass, so you have peace of mind that they won't melt or leach out anything in the microwave.

Only thing to keep in mind; if you eat a large lunch as I do, you may need two of these containers to hold one lunch, or a larger version.
on March 10, 2015
I bought these to pack my lunches in, and they are excellent quality! They arrived individually packaged in bubble wrap, the glass is solid/thick, and the plastic lids snap on firmly. The containers are smaller than I expected, and probably wouldn't be large enough for a filling lunch for people with normal to large appetites, as they are the perfect size for my smaller than average appetite.