Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 210 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 245 reviews
on June 23, 2015
As a Gleek, I had high hopes for this movie. I was excited that I was going to be able to see some live performances from my favorite characters because I didn't have the opportunity to see it in person. I had a friend who saw them live, and she told me it was great.

I was very impressed with the performances of the cast. They're a very talented group of people, and the fact they stayed in character made it better. The downfall of the performances is the fact that they aren't all the complete songs. It would've been nice to see that, but besides that, they were very good. Including the warblers in this was a great touch, and it was cute when Blaine came over to New Directions.

The worst part of this DVD, besides the incomplete songs, is the fact that it is basically only concert footage and three kids talking about how Glee has impacted them. It was a nice touch to the movie, but it took up too much time, in my opinion. There was nothing I'd consider to be "behind-the-scenes." Sure, they talked to Brittany (Heather Morris) and Rachel (Lea Michele) a few times, and there was the little goofing of Blaine and the Warblers, but besides those instances, that aspect of the movie was lacking and poorly done. I would've liked to hear from other characters. Another thing they could've added is people backstage practicing and messing around. Maybe even a little bit of preparation for the show, but nothing of the sort was included.

The bonus features were good for what was included. Some (maybe two?) full performances, but the entire movie should've been like that. They were cute little transitions for songs.

Something that annoyed me was the fact it was pretty obvious the songs weren't in order. While it wasn't that big of a deal, it made me think of how they could've just included the entire concert and not skimped on the performances and the seemingly cute interaction of the characters during song transitions.

In my opinion, they could've gone so many ways with this movie that could've made it much better than it was. I'm a little disappointed in how it was done. If they weren't going to do any behind-the-scenes clips (like I've seen in many other concert DVDs), at least they could've put out the entire concert.

All things considered, I did enjoy what I was given; that's why I gave it four stars. The missing star symbolizes what I thought was missing (either the behind-the-scenes or the full concert). I just wish there was more of the characters and more music, but what was included wasn't half bad. It's what's missing that bothers the crap out of me.

If you are a Gleek, this is probably a good addition to your collection. If you're looking to get into Glee, you should probably just start with season one episode one and perhaps eventually look into watching this when you get to know the characters and the stories behind why the songs are on the show.
on January 3, 2016
I bought this for my daughters who are big Glee fan but when we watch it, it was mostly people talking and not the the actors themselves talking, concert it had a few songs though. My girls were disappointed
on November 17, 2014
I wanted a real concert blu ray. But instead you get this. SOme songs and lots of other stuff. The show is now going to have one final season for a total of five. But back in 2011 it was a new show basically. And a huge hit. The lead actor had yet to die from drugs either. (drugs suck). This show is a lot of fun and worth the watch. The concert blu ray does have very good 3d in it and I only saw it around briefly then it vanished. I had to order it off amazon.com to get one. IN 3d the show shines better , but as others have said < I wanted a concert video. Much like the scorpions live in 3d. (that one is totally great rock shot live in 3d). I wasn't expecting hard rock here though, just fun glee club tunes. If you are a fan get the 3d version, or at least the blu ray. If you are a casual fan you may not be as happy with it. Kudos for the cast and crew for making a great tv show. which could live on if they maybe got a new cast? For a season six. But that won't happen. But this concert 3d video is for fans more than casual listeners. Unlike the scorpions 3d, or guns and roses 3d, or joe satriani 3d , all of those can be enjoyed on a the 3d level as well as the music level as they are just concerts.
on March 25, 2014
I love Glee and feel that the collective talent is amazing! The concert DVD however is an insult to the actors. Their singing is lost as the sound quality is so poor. Why did they cut the numbers? It is a concert, not a long trailer. There is so much that the Glee cast gives the audience, Why shouldn't the people that edited and produced the DVD allow the fans to have that experience? Sound quality is terrible. Not fair to the cast.
on August 13, 2013
I love Glee. I think some of their covers are better than even the original artist's rendition. But this movie just didn't live up to their TV standards. First, half the movie is fans talking about why they like Glee. Personally, I don't care why they like Glee, and I'm not sure who thought this made for good TV. Second, the audio quality is appalling. They actors are all miked. I shouldn't have to listen to the loud white noise of the crowd masking the songs. I'm not suggesting overdubbing, but I have plenty of other concert DVD's where the crowd is simply background noise.

If you love Glee and are dying to see this concert, buy used or borrow a copy from someone. It really isn't worth more than a few bucks.
on July 6, 2015
This is just a fun concert in your living room! If you're like me and didn't get to see Glee live, then you have to get this movie! I was hesitant about the sound, but it turned out fantastic. The quality is excellent as well. I wish we could have seen highlight clips from some of the other stops on their tour, but beggars can't be choosers. Also, with this purchase you will get to see the performances of "Dog Days Are Over" and "Friday," which were not shown in theaters.
on July 31, 2017
I've been a Glee fan for a long time but never got around to seeing any of the concert stuff they did. This was a fun blast from the past.
on July 10, 2013
I thought it was going to be more music than it was. The reviews said there was "background" stories, but it had nothing to do with the actors at all. It was random people and how Glee helped them in their every day lives. A little odd for me.
I was also disappointed in the music itself. Several of the songs, you can see all of the cast singing, but you can only hear Rachel. Not what I was looking for. The music on the regular season show is better than the concert. :(
on May 6, 2015
I could not have loved this film with bonus material more! I saw it on cable before I knew what Glee was. But seeing it made me a complete Gleek!
If you can not afford to buy the boxed set seasons, this concert film is at the core of why we love Glee!
on September 18, 2016
This item was perfect and was exactly what i was expecting. The item came in no time and was very well packaged and in a great shape. I'm very happy and pleased with the item i received and want to thank the seller for a terrific product.