Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 986 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,571 reviews
on July 16, 2016
I just recieved this, and let me tell you I couldn't be happier. 😭 The case/box itself it's amazing, I spent quite some time observing the design of it and the discs themselves. Its thicker than I thought, which is understandable and don't really mind at all, on the contrary, I actually like it! The special features are amazing, and I'd never seen them before, and I'm a forever gleek so I really used to dig for some behind the scenes and such, and was really excited/surprised to find some rare/never seen before clips and specials. If you love the series you'll love this ;) Now I can't wait to get my hands on season 2 and slowly build my collection 💕
review image review image
on July 30, 2017
I'm just reviewing episode 9 at the moment. I liked it. However I do wish it stuck to a single plot the Artie struggle. The other plots could've been episodes all of there own. I'm not going to get into disgrace of thing with Rachel and Finn. The stuff with Sue was interesting. And it worked well with overall plot. The Kurt plot could've and should've waited for few episodes. The Quinn,Finn and Puck thing about Puck being jealous of Quinn's choice should've been saved for another episode as should her bill thing. And she can get job also for few months. I loved when Artie talked to Tina about the accident. Frankly loved all the scenes with Artie but they could've been elaborated if didn't try to cram like 3 or 4 episodes into 1. I am disabled and spent my childhood in and out of wheelchair just how my disablity is. I love mr.shue giving them a taste of it. But he should've said for entire school day save for gym to really make them understand for that week.
on March 28, 2015
This was a surprisingly fun series which explores the trials and tribulations of a group of teenage students in high school from various social strata who find themselves in the Glee Club. In this particular school the glee club is made up of a teacher who is looking to relive his former glory days, various social misfits, and several of the popular kids who are forced to join.

In the cast is the principal who is a penny pinching, bean counting administrator that is looking to cut costs anywhere he can and wants to slash the glee club from existence. There is the rival cheer leading squad coach who does everything she can to gain more power for her cheer leader and wants the budget of the glee club added to her domain. The teacher who runs the glee club and is trying to recapture the glory of his youth when he was in the glee club. His wife is a narcissistic wench trying to manipulate him by faking a pregnancy to maintain there failing marriage and get her own way.

Each episode has a theme in the music which leads to a life lesson. Season 1 is a tad bit repetitive in some of the memes: the prima donna singer who storms out whenever she does not get her way, the glee club being the lowest form of high school life, the jocks torturing the glee club, and the evil cheer leading coach. The first season relies too much on the main male and female singers who are socially mismatched but have a mutual attraction. The series really starts to branch out in season 2 with more show time being given to the lesser members of the glee club who are really just as talented as the main characters.

This was not the normal type of show for me. Having seen the pilot episode I found myself really enjoying the episodes and binge watching season 1. Give a couple of episodes a try. If you like show tunes, Dancing with the Stars, musicals, and really hated high school, you will probably like this series.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2016
Put off watching this show because I didn't want to pay to view it. I thought it would be too cheesy or campy for my tastes, but I have become a Glee-holic. I've enjoyed every single episode, and have been binge watching it for the past week. Can't get enough of Glee, or wait to see how the other seasons unfold. This definitely fulfills my need for music, dancing, and light hearted television. Loved every minute of season 1 and am enjoying season 2 as I type.
on March 11, 2015
I am binge watching this first season of Glee. It has been enjoyable. It's sad to see Cory Monteith, since we know what happened to him a few years later. What a sad thing to lose such talent. But other than seeing some names in the gosssip columns, what has happened to the rest of the cast, as not many are seen in other shows as guests or leads in a TV movie. Any way, I will continue to finish season 1 and onto season 2.
on October 25, 2016
Honestly, I really like Glee not for the story line (haters, see next sentence) but mostly for the music production numbers of the songs by Adam Anders and Ryan Murphy.
And to the haters, please note that I'm 66 and a profound lover of all that is music.
For me, the story line is a carrier for the music which is the fundamental reason why Glee even exists.
Everyone involved is obviously brilliantly creative and kudos to their talents.
So, regarding this review, the reality is that I don't care about high school drama but the music is AWESOME!
F
on December 12, 2012
I bought this set two years ago as a bunco gift for my girlfriends. Amazon temporarily had an AMAZiNGLY low cost on it. My friends were thrilled. The quality of the DVDs is great, and the story line and musical numbers are so wonderful that I would (and have) watched episodes multiple times. Keep an eye on the price and when it dips, snatch it up! It's good stuff. I will say, though, that if you're buying it for the special features, you might be disappointed. I wasn't impressed with them but YMMV (your mileage may vary). Buy them for the great episodes they are, and because Cory Monteith is a cutie. There. I said it.

P.S. Amazon tip: Put items you know you want to buy, but are waiting for the price to drop, in your shopping cart. Then view shopping cart and click "save for later." When you do this, every time you go to your shopping cart after that, you will receive a pop-up announcing any price changes on your items.
VINE VOICEon January 22, 2012
My wife and I tend to buy complete seasons of DVDs so we can watch commercial free and so we are new to the Glee experience which everyone else has been enjoying for 2 years! The show combines great writing along with many musical numbers from all types of genres. The acting and singing is top notch - so much so that it is completely unbelievable that such talent would exist at a single high school in Ohio, but part of the fun of musicals is that suspension of disbelief. After all, real gangsters don't sing and dance like they do in Guys and Dolls and the settlers of the West did not do that either in the real Oklahoma! There are many intertwined story lines and character development is central to the stories. Some of that development does include stories centering on teen pregnancy and there are some slightly racy themes so I would not recommend this for very young kids. Our 9 year old daughter could watch some episodes with us but other times we had to do some censoring.

The disc packaging is standard, though to be honest I had a hard time locating the first disc initially as it was hidden under some advertisements. If you watch episode by episode you have to select the episode you want, wait for a spoiler-filled description screen to appear, and hit play again. But that is but a small gripe.

Overall, this is a very fun series which we are very much enjoying!
on April 29, 2015
I am thoroughly enjoying this show - when I am actually able to stream it from Amazon. It is increasingly apparent that Amazon has no ability to handle peak hours for streaming videos - namely Saturday evenings, but other evenings have issues as well. Or, as others surmise, Amazon wants to force us to buy their Fire TV stick.

One of my reasons for continuing my Amazon Prime membership is the promise of many free Prime videos, but enjoying this feature and the videos that are offered under it is getting more and more difficult. It's hard to enjoy a show you can't watch, or one that stops in the middle of a great musical number. And this isn't even a problem confined to free Prime streaming, I can't watch the few videos I have rented or purchased either.
on April 19, 2015
What an oddly written program. For starters, I enjoyed the music immensely. I realized that the music was often 'canned' or karaoke-ish, but it was good and it was the reason I decided to stick with the show for the first season. The 1st ep. of season two was so ridiculous that I quit watching. I get 'campy', 'cheesy', or 'stereotypes' but the character personalities became too nonsensical. It's almost like someone collected all the incidents of a HS for like a 30 or 40 year period and then crammed them all into this show. The only way I'd suggest watching Glee is to just watch the music and fast-forward through the dialog. BTW, I'm not saying the acting is bad (Jane Lynch is rather funny for a part this is way over the top).