Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 564 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 816 reviews
on February 9, 2015
I myself believe glee is all about finding yourself but not having to do it alone yes the story line is a little shallow and sexually driven but keep in mind a lot of teens are shallow and sexually driven and no they did not give credit to the authors they got the songs from but in my opinion glee sang the songs better than most of the artists anyway. Rachel may have gone back to her selfish ways but not because she took a step backwards but because she was so used to being the star which she was handed in season 1 to being overlooked so that her fellow glee clubbers could shine so now she had to fight for the spotlight so really she is no more or less selfish than she was before. Quinn yes does not mention her pregnancy but keep in mind she just had a baby in high school. She felt what it's like to be on the bottom. She wants to be a glee clubber but she wants to be a popular cheerio because that's what worked for her. Finn is lost yes but honestly he never really found himself. Santana is still the mean bitch that keeps it real. Mercedes is confident with who she is but is tired of being alone. Kurt now knows that being gay isn't his problem it's every one elses. Puck is trying to be good but just can't seem to give up his bad boy image because that's who he is.

And newcomers Sam and Blaine. Sam is a total One Direction stand in but it works. He has a beautiful voice and his struggle with Finn over leadership just sets a new dynamic. Blaine the dreamy gay guy every girl wishes was straight so they could have him. He helps Kurt stand up for himself and helps him to feel okay in his own skin. He makes Kurt happy.

Glee works because they don't try to change who the characters are completely it works because it trys to show the growth of each character and how one club that keeps getting pushed around can change so many point of views and touch so many hearts with the love of music.

Those kids are talented and inspiring. They teach you that when you love something so much then you shouldn't let your emotions get in the way of keeping it's dream alive. But most importantly it's about a family who love each other no matter what goes down between them.
on July 25, 2014
The 2nd season of Glee is probably my favorite season of all when it comes to the actual story lines; not the songs. Though I do love almost every single song sung on the 2nd season (I said almost), it's definitely not the best of ALL musically.

The story lines, however, are phenomenal. I love how this season covers SO MANY important topics, such as: religion, homophobia, blended families, disabilities, sex, accepting yourself, death, etc. Glee is definitely on top of things.

I absolutely love the Santana/Brittany & Kurt/Blaine story lines, and think that it is really important to portray gay teens on television. Also the fact that Glee is one of the first shows, if not the first, to have a parent explaining to their gay child the importance of practicing safe-sex, that just shows that Glee knows what's up!

Glee is a roller-coaster and I'm enjoying the ride.
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2011
I am an Amazon Prime member so I can stream Season 2 of Glee to my heart's content on my brilliant new Kindle Fire or my TV and what have you. But I love the show so much that I couldn't resist getting it on DVD, too.

Yes, the season has its problems...but the DVD doesn't. Honestly, sometimes I watch Glee for the actual show and characters and other times, I just need a pick-me-up with its beyond fun super karaoke. I have fast-forwarded through many shows just to watch and sing and dance along (great exercise) to my favorite numbers again and again. I highly recommend it. Episodes like Britney/Brittany and every single one featuring the Warblers make up for the flaws of this young series.

Why blu-ray? It's the new world order and the price finally fell close enough for me to the DVD version that it was worth it. I've been watching for the price for a year and waited forever for it to fall below $32 bucks. That seemed more reasonable than the high 40s though I am sure other Gleeks didn't mind paying that much for the season.
on November 9, 2016
My 14 year old daughter who is a singer in several choirs introduced me to this. We both love it. The singing is superb and ultimately is what makes the show, but the characterization is excellent as well and most of the characters likeable. There are pretty heavy thematic overtones in the story lines, which make things relevant if emotionally charged at times. We've made it to episode 20 in season 2 and are trying to catch up..
on July 6, 2015
One of the best seasons of Glee! The quality and sound are great! It's a 4 disc set with some amazing bonus features!

Bonus features: Glee Music Jukebox, The Making of the Rocky Horror Glee Show, Exclusive Bonus Song, Building Glee's Auditorium with Cory Monteith, A Day in the Life of Brittany, Shooting Glee in New York City, Guesting on Glee, Stevie Nicks Goes Glee (Amazing feature if you ask me!), Sue's Quips, Santana's Slams, The Wit of Brittany, Getting Waxed with Jane Lynch, and Glee at Comic-Con 2010.

This season definitely has the best bonus features. :)
on October 15, 2011
I have seen some reviews of the second season of Glee as substandard. I wonder if they were watching the same show as I was? There are shows in this season that are so wonderful. I especially love the christmas episode. then there is the thriller football episode, not to mention the Rocky Horror episode with Barry Bostwick and Meatloaf in it.. I am telling you.. I start laughing just thinking about it.
The rumors episode has one of my favorite songs in it, Fleetwood Mac's 'never goin back again' sung by Artie. I wished I could find it on one of their dvd's.. or maybe Kevin will do it independently one day. I can hope.
When I am thru watching that particular episode, I go to extras and play it over and over. it's wonderful.
All in all I do love season two also. Nothing about it is making me like it less. Just not to see Wills wife all the time is a pleasure in itself.. although I have nothing to say about the actress. She is beautiful and a good little actress, but as Wills wife.. well, as the guy says, she puts the terrible in terri. Jane Lynch is always a riot. love her.. without her in the show it wouldn't be complete. and without any of the actors in the show it's gona be lacking somehow. It will definately be interesting next year when they have all graduated to see how Ryan is going to come up with more of the same.
on September 16, 2016
Just started watching the series, lots of good music, just something nice and light to watch. Will be watching till the end.
on August 18, 2017
Amazing transition from season 1. The music and story lines got even better.
on August 24, 2015
Great storylines good music and it also addresses a broad range of social issues for teens and adults. The only thing that becomes a bit predictable is that when they are searching for a song to sing for an event any song that they "practice" will never be the song that they use. Glee almost NEVER uses a song twice. It is nice to wait and see what they actually use but its just something I noticed and sometimes you can predict that something good or bad will happen to a character becuase of this.
on September 1, 2017
Exactly as expected! I would recommend!