|Brand Name||Glide Gear|
|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.6 x 6.1 x 2.9 inches|
|Item model number||LEG 300|
|Manufacturer Part Number||LEG 300|
Glide Gear Leios 3-Axis Brushless Handheld Gimbal Gyro Stabilizer for GoPro and Smartphones
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible: Apple iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 3, 4; Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6, S6 Edge
- Three operation modes: Heading Following Mode, Pitch Following Mode and Locking Mode
- Working voltage: 8.4V
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Extend the potential of your Smartphone, GoPro or most Point and Shoot Cameras with our Leios handheld 3-Axis gimbal. Built with three work modes, it has specific function buttons so you can quickly switch between manual and auto control. You can also manually adjust the tilt function. Made with high-grade aluminum alloy, it is highly reliable and durable device for long-lasting use.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The product is not calibrated correctly for a larger, heavier iPhone 6S Plus. My iphone slopes to the left so all my videos are crooked. That was a deal breaker for a $300 piece of equipment. I contacted the seller to see if there was a fix or if it the issue was specific to my purchase. They were unable to provide a fix and this did appear to be an issue all Leios.
Other than that, I really loved it. But I wanted to record video on the iPhone 6S Plus for the 4K feature. That's something that GroPro does not currently offer. So if I wanted to keep the $300 product, I would have to go spend a couple more hundred for a GoPro. Maybe a lighter iphone would have worked...but just not the 6S Plus.
It works great simple and makes your iPhone video footage look amazing . I use a 6 with it and works great with the extra weight you can screw in. The attachment included with the GoPro makes it so that GoPro is in selfie cam mode so that's why I'm giving this three stars because I really wanted to also be able to use this both with iPhone AND go pro. Unfortunately you have turn the handle controls away from you to use the go pro on it . Hope they make an attachment that fixes this problem .
Why only 2 stars?
1. The mount for a GoPro is a flimsy, plastic, piece of junk. The GoPro sits crooked on mine, it takes forever to mount it, once it's on there it doesn't seem to balance properly, and you can't use your LCD screen with this setup. I ended up using a rubber band and lashing it to the platform. That worked fine, although there is a rubber band running down the middle of my LCD. But at least (with a little moving and adjusting) it stays balanced. I would give an extra star if the GoPro mount that came with it worked as advertised.
2. The instructions on the website are horrid. Yes, there is a downloadable PDF manual, but it appears to have been scanned in so the letters are blurry and it is difficult to read. Also, the manual does not give any information about calibration or setup - it just explains how to power up and use the modes, if you can read it. I think that I need to calibrate my unit, because when I turn it on it sits a little crooked in the horizontal plane. But I don't know how to do it. Why not spend an hour and type up info for people who buy this? Why should we go out on YouTube looking for answers?
3. When I called support for help (credit to them that the support staff were friendly, and answered the phone), and sent them the picture (attached) showing how crooked the camera is, their suggestion was to "Maybe wedge something below the side with the screw to hold it up to level?" Yup, they got my money, that's all they want. Their done. If this were my business, I would have made it right by offering to take it back or fix it. But wedging something in to level it out is a cop out.
I just found out that this unit is a re-branded Zhiyun Z1 (I think), and I am hoping I can use their website and calibration tools.
Lastly, in the title of the item, it says "USA Company". It is a USA Company, but this unit is made in China. And if you want help or want more details on your Leios, I recommend that you go to the Zhiyun website to find that.
So in summary, I actually really like this gimbal, and I will keep and use it. But I won't purchase any more Glide Gear unless they get their act together and support their products like a "USA Company" should. I'd rather buy from the Chinese company and get a nice PDF, drivers for mac and PC, the calibration software and firmware updates.
The two small 18350 LIPO batteries charged up in about an hour for me. There is a little external charge adapter they give you so you could in theory have a set charging while you are using the unit or you can plug a standard micro usb cable into the handle. There is a metal push button switch in the base of the handle to turn it on and off. It took me a few tries before I realized you have to press it in pretty far to get it to work. There will be an audible "click" when it engages.
Update: 12/29/2015 - Amazon seemed to have a problem with the demo clip I shot using the Glide Gear Leios so I uploaded it to YouTube - no problem there.
Here is the link if you want to check out my little demonstration:
I tested the stabilizer with an Iphone 5. There is an adjustment on the back of the mount to change the center of gravity for your phone to help it balance and I dropped it all the way down for mine. It still wasn't perfectly balanced turned off but as soon as I switched the unit on and set the mode it snapped into a perfect position ready to go. They include an extra counterweight to screw on to the unit if you happen to have an especially heavy phone or are using one with a battery pack case. There is also a GoPro adapter mount included. Some other models sell it as an extra. Glide Gear includes one in the kit (nice touch).
There are three working modes: Heading Following (default) Pitch and Roll are locked. Locking Mode: Heading, pitch and roll are locked and Heading and pitch following mode: Roll is locked. Heading and pitch rotate to follow direction. There are a pair of buttons to pitch up/down and another button to set your mode.
The job this unit achieves at smoothing out video is just amazing. The brushless motors are absolutely silent. You won't hear them at all through your camera microphone. It doesn't come with a case, it is shipped in a foam lined cardboard box. I happened to have a mini pack that I carry mine in that works perfectly.
I've attached a quick video to let you check out this unit in action. Of the 400+ products I've reviewed this year, this one is my favorite.
Sample for fair review.