Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2011, 7:39:27 PM PDT
Chels says:
This novel is hysterical, to sum it up in one word. It will be hard to write a review without giving anything integral to the hilarity of the novel away. The reader gets to see a younger Bill Cosby, who is funny even at a young age. He instills his natural personality into this fairly short nonfiction book.

Bill Cosby literally anticipates what the other person would say to him, say, in a talk show and manages to provide funny one liners. The first chapter of the book opens with a conversation between him and who he calls the "perfect talk show guest." They go back and forth about a simple, silly topic-a town called North in South Carolina...leading to much confusion. He then moves on to even funnier memories, closing with a story about his grandchildren and the ever elusive Santa Claus. There are little illustrations scattered throughout the book, right where they will be the funniest. This book is recommended to teens/young adults/adults alike.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
I Didn't Ask to Be Born: (But I'm Glad I Was)
I Didn't Ask to Be Born: (But I'm Glad I Was) by Bill Cosby (Hardcover - November 1, 2011)
3.9 out of 5 stars (93)