Just because electric standup scooters are fun doesn’t mean they can’t also be a useful commuting tool or an easy way to dramatically increase mobility in urban settings without resorting to a car or bike. The Glion Adult Li-Ion Battery, Dolly-Fold Scooter is simple, reliable, clean, quiet and built to last. It gets its remarkable power from a 36v 6.6ah rechargeable lithium ion battery and a potent 250-watt brushless hub motor located in the rear wheel. Without chains or gears, it quietly delivers enough boost to move the average adult at up to 15 miles an hour (faster than a runner at full sprint) with a range of up to 15 miles on a full charge. Its durable frame is crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum, powder coated to resist corrosion and a smooth ride is assured by 8-inch tires featuring a honeycomb interior developed by the military and guaranteed never to go flat. Braking is smooth and secure, with an antilock electronic brake safely located inside the rear hub motor. All the controls are water resistant, convenient and easy to use. On the right, a twist-grip accelerator makes it go; on the left, a twist-grip brake makes it stop. An easy to read handlebar-mounted battery indicator keeps track of battery life. It comes with a pedestrian bell. Scooter cover sold seperately. The Glion Electric Scooter weighs only 28 pounds and with its patented vertical self-standing feature, retractable handle and roller wheels you can walk with it like a roller bag suitcase. With its 1 second foot activated folding mechanism, you can quickly fold the scooter and dolly it through public transit or into your office.
• Patented vertical self-standing dolly feature with 1 second foot actuated folding. The Glion Dolly Electric Scooter is a portable personal electric vehicle.
• Safe, durable, maintenance free and reliable.
• Clean, quiet, lithium-ion battery-powered motor, can travel 500 miles on $1 of electricity.
• Lightweight and practical, folds in an instant into a suitcase-style dolly.
• An ideal commuting tool for public transportation or distant parking.
• Easy and fun to ride, park, portage and store.
• Maximum Rider Weight: 255 lbs/115 kg
• Weight (with battery): 28 lbs/12 kg
• Speed: 15 mph/25Kmh
• Range Per Charge: 15 miles/25 km
• Motor: 250W (Peak 600 w) brushless electric hub motor
• Battery: SONY Lithium Ion 36V, 6.6 ah
• Battery charge time: 2 hrs 75%, 3.5 hrs 100%
• Battery cycle life: 1000+ cycles (3-5 years)
• Frame: 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum alloy (powder coated)
• Tires: 8-inch honeycomb never-flat tires
• Ultra-portable: Patented Vertical Self-Standing Dolly Feature
• Folding: 1 second foot actuated folding/unfolding
• Size Folded: 36x16x8 inches/92x20x30 cm
• Additional Features: headlight, rear reflector and pedestrian bell
The Glion Adult Electric Dolly-Fold Scooter is a simple, affordable way to glide through the parts of your commute you used to hike, from the distant parking lot or mass transit station directly to your door. With a top speed of 15 mph and a range of 15 miles per charge it’s a durable, practical tool to cut your commuting time and effort.
Why should kids have all the fun? The Glion Adult Electric Dolly-Fold Scooter is like gliding down an endless gentle hill, but despite the exhilaration, it’s no toy — it’s made for full-sized adults and daily use. The Glion is an ideal transportation tool for students, urban residents, outlying parking lots, and for running errands, sightseeing and just getting around your neighborhood.
When you arrive, simply fold your Glion Adult Electric Dolly-Fold Scooter in seconds, roll it behind you like a suitcase, and store it standing up in a closet or behind a door. Fully charged in 3.5 hours it’s always ready to unfold, securely snap into position and go for a spin.
Probity Cell LLC, doing business as Glion Electric Scooter, was formed in August, 2012. Our mission then as now is to end boring commutes by creating last mile personal electric mobility devices that are fun, practical and affordable. We successfully introduced our first product, the Glion SmartScooter, on Kickstarter in October of 2014. We had a second successful Kickstarter Campaign in August of 2015 in which we introduced the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter. Scoot your commute!
Describe your product in 3 words.
End Boring Commutes!
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Jeff was a San Francisco BART commuter with a long hike between his transit station and home. Jeff connected the dots and we began pursuing a “last mile” solution using lithium-ion batteries. We believe that electrifying the transportation sector creates some of the greatest opportunities to reduce carbon emissions, improve air quality and save our planet from climate change.
What makes your product special?
Our latest feature, the patented vertical self-standing dolly, makes the Glion Adult Electric Dolly-Fold Scooter a practical commuting tool for personal transport. When you arrive fold it and store it behind a door. When you’re ready to go, you’re on the move in seconds. Also, our price. We are vertically integrated as the manufacturer and the distributor, we have a price advantage versus other lithium ion powered personal electrical mobility devices.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Working together to make a difference.