Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GloFish 29045 Aquarium Kit with Blue LED light, 5-..." and save 35% off the $70.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
GloFish 29045 Aquarium Kit with Blue LED light, 5-Gallon
- 5 Gallon Curved-front aquarium with included Microfilter and Medium Bio-Bag
- 15 Blue LEDs in the attractive hammerhead light enhance the colors of the GloFish fluorescent fish
- Clear Cover
- Made of Acrylic
- Crescent shaped seamless plastic aquarium
- Clear plastic canopy Blue LED overhead light with Primary Material being Acrylic.
- Medium size filter cartridge.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
5 Gallon Dimension: 11.2" L x 16.6" H x 6.7" W
Contact TetraCare(R) online
Tetra(R) GloFish(R) Aquarium Kit
Blue LED, Five Gallon Kit
Add that colorful zing to your surroundings with the Tetra(R) GloFish(R) Aquarium Kit. This crescent shaped, five gallon tank is made of high quality plastic and is sure to brighten any room. The special additions like the plastic canopy with fluorescent colors provide the perfect backdrop for your GloFish(R). The LED lights highlight the fish’s unique color and brighten up both the aquarium and your interior decor. This aquarium is the perfect tank for aquarists. The optimal quality filtration system uses medium Bio-Bag filter. This aquarium kit will add color to your surroundings, whether in office or home. Kit includes:
- Crescent shaped seamless plastic aquarium
- Clear plastic canopy Blue LED overhead light
- Whisper(R) internal filtration
- Small size filter cartridge Size
Step 1: Remove tank and components from box
Step 2: Wipe walls of tank, rinse decor and gravel
Step 3: Pour gravel into GloFish tank (Sold Separately)
Step 4: Place plants and ornaments in GloFish tank (Sold Separately)
Step 5: Place GloFish LED Bubbler into tank (Sold Separately)
Step 6: Wash Tetra Bio-Bag Cartridge (Sold Separately)
Step 7: Place Bio-Bag cartridge in filter, then place filter into tank
Step 8: Place Tetra heater into tank (Sold Separately)
Step 9: Add water to tank
Step 10: Add water conditioner (Sold Separately)
Step 11: Add SafeStart before adding fish (Sold Separately)
Step 12: Transfer Fish
Step 13: Add Color Booster Weekly (Sold Separately)
Step 14: Feed your fish (Sold Separately)
|GloFish(R) Aquarium Gravel, 5 lbs.||GloFish(R) Aquarium Plants||GloFish(R) Submarine Ornament||GloFish(R) Color Booster||GloFish(R) Special Flake Food||Tetra(R) Whisper(R) Medium BioBag Filter Cartridges|
|Black gravel with fluorescent accents||Provides a lifelike feel for your aquarium||Brightly colored submarine ornament||Creates ideal water chemistry for GloFish(R)||Helps make GloFish(R) brighter||Keep water crystal clear|
|Rinse gravel before using||Plants come in a variety of sizes and colors||Pair with GloFish(R) Plants and Gravel||Enhanced color proteins||Colorful, four flake blend||Removes odor and discoloration|
|Use a substrate or accent||Available in small, medium and large||Enhance your GloFish(R) Aquarium||Add to your aquarium weekly||Feed two to three times daily||Easy to assemble|
29045 Features: -Clear plastic 5 gallon aquarium tank with curved front and seamless view. -Clear plastic canopy with convenient feeding hole. -Low voltage power cord & AC adapter powers the detachable LED light. Shape: -Semi-circle. Water Capacity: -5 Gallons. Water Type: -Freshwater. Product Type: -Aquarium kit. Color: -Clear. Number of Items Included: -4. Primary Material: -Acrylic. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -14.5". Overall Width - Side to Side: -15". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -9". Overall Product Weight: -6.71 lbs.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Fat Happy Pets||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||16.56 x 11.25 x 6.71 in||10 x 14.25 x 11.5 in||20 x 20 x 24 in||8.81 x 14.56 x 11.19 in||10 x 10.51 x 10 in||10.95 x 16.93 x 11.42 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have had the setup below since Dec 2014. Last week, I decided to change my fishes (gave mine away to a pet store so the glofish can find a new home) and purchased a betta fish. As of now, the betta is alone in the tank. I also got new decorations from a pet store (see pics attached). I completely wiped out my tank and restarted by using the same method as stated in my previous review, and it worked like a charm! I am updating this review for 2 reasons - share that the method to setup a new tank from my previous review works, and you can use the tank to keep a betta fish!
INITIAL REVIEW 1/5/2015
I purchased this aquarium kit 2 months ago, and I love it! This was my first fish tank, and I had trouble finding one review that stated all the things I need to purchase, along with setup instructions. I am by no means an expert - I am just sharing my experience in the hopes that I can make the process of setting up an aquarium easier for other. Taking care of fishes does take a bit of effort - and it's a lot less work if you get it right in the beginning. I spend 15 minutes a week doing water changes (roughly 10%) via a cleaning tube that take up dirt at the same time.
NUMBER OF FISHES:
If you start looking online and read expert reviews, you'll find multiple answers - 1 inch per gallon (based on a fish's full size) or a lot of reviews say that a 5 gallon is not enough for anything but a betta. They might be right - I don't know. I wanted glo-fish, so I got 3 zebra danio glofishes (they grow to be up to 2 inches each). I think any more would be a bad idea since they are very active fish and like to have room to swim.
1. Aquarium Kit includes a Tetra Whisper internal filter - many reviews stated that this is not the best filter out there i.e. there are others that keep the water cleaner for longer, and are less noisy. To avoid the trouble, I ordered a different filter (see #2).
2. Filter: I purchased 'Marina S10 Power Filter' separately. I love it. It keeps the water clean, and it's very silent. The filter has a place for two cartridges: 1 Bio-Carb and 1 Bio-Clear. Bio-Carb is for tropical fish and Bio-Clear is for goldfish. All glo-fish are tropical fish. I recommend purchasing 15 or 36 pack of cartridges as they are cheaper per unit. I change alternate cartridge once a week, so that I don't remove all the good bacteria from the filter at once.
3. Heater: Depending on the fish you get, you might need a heater. If you intend to keep the fish for the long term, it might be a good idea to get a heater so that the fish are comfortable when the water gets cold. I purchased 'ViaAqua 100-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat.' It works just like it should.
4. Food: 'GloFish 77003 Special Flake Food for Fishes, 1.59-Ounce' and my glo-fish seem to enjoy it. I have three glo-fish, and I feed them two pinches twice a day. I think this will last me a total of 6 months.
5. Cleaning: 'Python Pro Clean-Mini 1" x 6" Tube with 6 ft. Hose.' It works just like it should. The best way to learn how to use it for the first time is to look it up on YouTube.
6. Water dechlorinator: 'Seachem Prime 500ml' does the job!
7. Testing: 'API 5 in 1 Aquarium Test Strips'
8. Good bacteria for new tank: 'Tetra SafeStart Water Treatment'
9. Gravel: 'GloFish Aquarium Gravel, 5-Pound' - you need one bag for a 5 gallon tank.
10. Plants: '6 Pcs Assorted Color Aquarium Plastic Plant Decoration w Ceramic Base' - these are not meant to be glow plants but some of them do sorta glow. I read average reviews for the glo-plants, and they were more expensive so I didn't bother purchasing them.
11. Any other decorations you might like! I have a small castle in mine.
INITIAL SETUP INSTRUCTIONS:
Step 1: When you receive the tank, fill it up with dechlorinated water. For the first time, you can easily dechlorinate the water by putting tap water into the aquarium, and adding the appropriate amount of dechlorinator to it. When you refill the aquarium in the future though, make sure you dechlorinate the water before adding it to the tank.
Step 2: Clean gravel and plants with water to remove any dirt, and add to the aquarium.
Step 3: Setup and start filter. I put my water filter in the back (see picture), along with the heater. I have my lighting in the front (there's no place to put everything on the back). I don't think it takes away from the beauty of the tank.
Step 4: let it run for at least 24 hours. This will allow the water to cycle.
Step 5: Use the API test strips to measure pH and other things. If anything is too off, find a remedy. The pH in my water was too high, so I got a pH stabilizer from a local pet store.
Step 6: Add Tetra 77960 SafeStart to your tank 30 minutes before adding the fish - shake well before using, and use the entire bottle.
Step 7: Purchase fish. Once you bring the fish home, place the plastic bag (and let it site for 15-20 minutes) in the aquarium so that the water temperature can be similar when you drop the fishes in.
Step 8: Enjoy your fish!
Once again, this worked for me (with trial and error). I am not an expert when it comes to fishes, but I am hoping this review might make it easier for others to purchase and setup an aquarium.
We purchased 4 fish to start and I am glad we did because they have a very fast death rate with only 3 usually being alive at a time. After having the water tested and going through and replacing 8 fish I couldn't take going back and forth to the pet store with dead fish anymore! We gave up the glo fish idea and got two girl beta instead. We have had the girls for months and they are doing great!
While we had the glo fish though I did notice if we ran the blsck light all night they would die. We then switched to only running it during bedtime for a couple hours. Glo fish are awesome but from now on we will only see them at the pet store!
Most recent customer reviews
It is a wonderful starter kit, however remember that smaller tanks are prone to "new tank syndrome".Read more