Globber One K Active W/Brake 498-190 Black
|Handlebar Type||Foldable, Adjustable|
|Number of Wheels||2|
|Wheel Type||Slamm Nylon Core Wheels|
|Item Weight||6.5 Kilograms|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Brake Style||Rear Braking|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2-WHEEL FOLDABLE SCOOTER FOR ADULTS| Patented 1-sec piston-assisted kick & fold system by Kleefer. A quick and easy kick on the bottom of the column will fold the collapsible 2-wheel scooter for adults. Thanks to the piston-assisted mechanism, the rear wheel automatically lifts up, allowing you to effortlessly fold the scooter. Trolley mode compatible for easy carrying!
- ROBUST 2-WHEEL ADULT SCOOTER DECK DESIGN| Robust, large, wide & extruded aluminum scooter deck structure with comfortable, anti-slip grip tape and a kickstand supports up to 220lbs. The extra-long rear brake delivers brake efficiency and prolongs wheel longevity.
- ADJUSTABLE SCOOTER FOR ADULTS| Adjustable 2-wheel foldable kick scooter for adults comes with a super wide and curved 3-height adjustable anodized metal T-bar with comfortable & durable TPR ergonomic grips.
- SAFE SCOOTER RIDES FOR ADULTS| Equipped with a handlebar brake and a long metal rear brake, to ensure safe & comfy rides every time!
- HIGH-QUALITY SCOOTER WHEELS | Foldable scooter for adults is equipped with high-quality and high-rebound 180mm PU casted front & back wheels, mounted on ABEC 7 bearings.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
ABOUT THE BRAND
In an increasingly digital world, Globber Scooters is determined to redefine outdoor fun. On their scooters, kids can take back the neighborhood, connect with peers/neighbors, and stay physically active. Globber Scooters products showcase just how easy and fun it is to use a scooter through their sleek design and unmatched function. Globber believes that safety can never be undervalued and all products meet or exceed worldwide safety certifications. Thank you for your interest in the Globber Scooter experience!
ONE K ACTIVE 2-Wheel Scooter
Fold Up Scooter For Easy Mobility
ONE K ACTIVE 2-wheel scooter for adults not only folds with a kick, but the deck also automatically lifts to the T-bar to avoid bending down for trolley-mode, thanks to the piston-assisted technology.
- 1 sec kick collapsing system. Piston-assisted fold up scooter, so the deck automatically lifts.
- 3-height adjustable scooter with aluminium T-bar, curved handlebars & TPR grips
- Strong extruded aluminium structure supports up to 220lbs
MAXIMUM STRENGTH - Aluminum Structure
All our ONE K 2-wheel folding scooters for adults are designed with an extruded aluminium deck structure to support up to 220lbs.
COMFORTABLE RIDE - TPS Grips
Our ONE K 2-wheel adult folding scooters all come with premium TPR handlebar grips for a durable and comfortable solution while scootering.
FOLD UP SCOOTER - With Kleefer Technology
Kleefer's Kick & Fold mechanism allows you to quickly collapse the 2-wheel scooter for adults with a simple kick on the device at the bottom of the pole, for easy transport
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 39.37 x 18.5 x 32.52 inches; 14.33 Pounds
- Item model number : 498-190
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : August 19, 2015
- Manufacturer : Globber
- ASIN : B010NSEFG8
Best Sellers Rank:
#722,136 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #1,039 in Kick Scooters
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Its now almost May 2018 and son cant ride his birthday gift, to be honest the scooter design and build quality to the cost of the scooter don't line up, better off with a lower end scooter and just throw out and buy new when it wears out.
Without this part the scooter is not safe to ride, the bars just pull off or all the way down, the part itself is cheaply constructed and really a poor design, they should use something better than a part found in cheap beach umbrellas.
As its past the Amazon 30 day return window I am stuck with broken scooter and out a good chunk of money, not to mention having a very upset 9 year old boy with our a scooter to ride.
Still hoping Turnstyle Brands comes through, if they do I will revisit this review to mention what they did, but as far as the scooter, that opinion stands its junk and not worth the high price Globber wants for it.
As with all scooters, parts have worn down over time. Parts I've replaced due to wear: wheels (purchased but not installed) and bearings.
Parts I've replaced due to general cheapness and lack of quality include the brake adjustment nut, (the cheapest part on the whole scooter. It fell apart as soon as I tried to tighten the front brake. And no, I was not using pliers) and cable/shield (which did not break, but was a bit rough so I elected to swap it out - it was tightened though).
Globber has finally made some parts available on their US website, the rest I've been able to find at skate and bike shops. However, I'm still having trouble finding front and rear brakes, which have worn pretty thin over this time. The frame, deck, kick mechanism, and handle bars are all fine and I do not foresee having issues any time soon. Like I said, some maintenance is to be expected, and has not done anything to dissuade my fondness for the scooter.
Overall I'm really glad I chose this scooter. It's needed some TLC, but has made my commute much faster and easier, and has held up well to the abuse I've put it through.
UPDATE ONE YEAR LATER: The Globber is still going strong, no problems. Needed to tighten the front brake a couple of times (just like a bicycle) but otherwise it is holding up well.
The body is made of solid metal and the welds are great.
Pain job looks like a powder coat finish.
The neck is a nice chrome finish to stand out.
LOVE the handle bar breaks for the front wheel, combined with the traditional back wheel break gives it superior stopping ability.
The body is wide enough and long enough to accommodate much larger feet than mine, and it has a course finish for a slip free ride.
The kick stand let's it sit at just the right angle to avoid almost all topples.
The wheels look cool, are large enough to let you crank up the mph, and look cool too.
You pay for what you get. This is a Ferrari of scooters.
Top reviews from other countries
Be aware - this is listed as a Children's scooter, but it is more like an adult/teen/commuter scooter in terms of size and design.
UPDATE 30/04/19: I'm still using this for my daily commute, and it is running well. Can be a bit of a bone shaker over bumpier terrain so better on smoother paths, but that is true of most scooters. The scooter itself can sometimes make a bit of a rattling noise, but performance isn't affected. All in all still happy with this purchase.
UPDATE 06/11/19: Still using this scooter most days, and no problems, no repairs needed yet.
UPDATE 28/05/20: Still going strong. Obviously using rather less than daily of late while working at home through the pandemic. Again no problems or repairs yet.
- Le système de pliage rapide : je suis tout à fait fan !
- Le système de blocage du frein : plus astucieux et classe que l'excroissance du modèle décathlon... et totalement indispensable dans le métro !
- La bonne qualité des matériaux et de l'assemblage
- Les freins avant + arrière : ce qui m'a décidé pour ce modèle à plus de 50% ! peu de modèles le proposent
- La plateforme large, on peut y caler les 2 pieds sans problème. Mon collègue arrive même à embarquer son gamin de 4 ans devant lui tellement il y a de la place.
- 200€ pour une planche à roulettes. Ok c'est du haut de gamme, mais pour presque la moitié de ce prix j'ai eu un VTT adulte entièrement suspendu qui a tenu un périple de 250 bornes... et de nombreuses années encore après. D'un autre côté elles sont toutes à ce prix-là à + ou - 20€ près.
- A ce prix là ça aurait mérité à minima une suspension à l'avant, même rudimentaire (cf modèle décath).
- Le système de blocage de frein est parfois dur à mettre en place
- L'exemplaire de mon collègue a perdu la vis de la poignée de frein au bout d'un mois. Je croise les doigts pour la mienne !
- Le système de repliage rapide demande pas mal de précision dans le coup de pied, il faut parfois s'y reprendre à plusieurs fois
Comment porter réclamation auprès du fabricant et demander de faire jouer la garantie ?