|Item Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.12 x 9.9 x 5.04 inches|
|Item model number||90540|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Color||White Round Swivel|
|Style||White Round Swivel|
|Finish||White Recessed Lighting|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Warranty||5 year manufacturer's limited warranty.|
4" Swivel Round Trim Recessed Lighting Kit 10-Pack, White, Easy Install Push-N-Click Clips, 3.88" Hole Size,90540
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ADJUSTABLE TRIM: directional swivel gimbal provides the ability to focus and direct light - perfect for highlighting artwork, photographs or furniture
- EASY INSTALL: patented PUSH-N-CLICK clips are fully adjustable and extra wide to grip uneven surfaces and provides for simple tool-free installation. Actual hole size is 3.88-inches. Full trim size is 4.5-inches.
- IC RATED: when kit is used with an LED Bulb (bulb sold separately) - an integrated cut-off switch ensures that the fixture will not overheat and can be used with or without an insulation box
- ROBUST CONSTRUCTION: galvanized steel, large accessible electrical box with removable side panels and tempered steel clips
- BULB REQUIREMENTS: 10x GU10 Bi-Pin Base MR16 Shape 50W Halogen or 7W LED Bulb (sold separately)
- ADJUSTABLE TRIM: Directional swivel eyeball gimbal, perfect for highlighting areas of interest such as artwork, photographs or furniture. This gives you the ability to focus light on specific areas and can be directed for any desired look
- EASY INSTALL: patented PUSH-N-CLICK clips which are fully adjustable and extra wide to grip uneven surfaces and provides for simple tool-free installation
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
About Globe Electric
Since 1932 Globe Electric's commitment is to our consumers, partners, associates, and our product. Every day we strive to develop and sustain the Creative energy that has kept us going for more than 80 years. Globe is one of the leaders in high quality and innovative products; with the pace of technological change increasing globe continues to invest in research and development. Specializing in the design and manufacture of light bulbs, luminaires, and electrical products, globe has over 20 production facilities all over the world. Globe Works hand in hand with the leading retailers in the world to make sure the product presentation is flawless. Visit us at our official site.
Globe Electric 4 inch Dimmable Adjustable Spotlight Recessed Lighting Kits
The Creative Energy Company
Recessed lighting can be found in almost every home in North America and abroad. This catalog will not only provide you a list of Globe Electric products available to you but explain the different functions, so you can make an informed choice for your home’s recessed lighting.
Recessed lighting is a hardwired, ceiling mounted light source that would be controlled by a switch. The non-intrusive style allows them to blend into any décor while providing the performance you need.
- Patented easy clip installation system.
- Galvanized steel or aluminum housing (rust proof).
- Dual certification IC Rated.
- Market leading designer trim selection.
- Clear, concise packaging to simplify shopping experience.
- 70% of Contractor's agree, Globe Electric's recessed lighting kits are faster and easier to install, saving you time and money!
Globe Electric's Recessed Lighting Kit Special Features
The patented Push-n-Click clips in Globe Recessed lighting kits make installation effortless. They are made extra wide to grip even the most uneven holes and surfaces, providing you with professional results with every installation – no tools required!
IC Rated Dual Certification
IC Rated with the use of a LED bulb. No insulation box required for installation in an insulated ceiling. Integrated cut-off switch, ensuring that the fixture will not overheat and can be used with or without an insulation box.
Directional swivel eyeball gimbal, perfect for highlighting areas of interest such as artwork, photographs or furniture. This gives you the ability to focus light on specific areas and can be directed for any desired look.
Galvanized steel longer shaft with one-piece spun aluminum housing can and large accessible electrical box with removable side panels and tempered steel clips. Thermally-protected housing certified in both US and Canada.
|4" Swivel Dimmable Downlight #90540||4" Damp Rated Shower Dimmable Downlight #90664||5" Reduced Glare Baffle Dimmable Downlight #91014||4" LED Regressed Swivel Diecast Dimmable Downlight #90949||3" LED Swivel Dimmable Downlight #90718||4" LED Shower Dimmable Downlight #90950|
|Adjustable Swivel Spotlight||✓||✓||✓|
|Dual Certification IC Rated (w/LED Bulb)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy Install Patented Push-N-Click Clips||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Trim Type||Round White Swivel Spotlight||Round Brushed Nickel Shower Frosted Tempered Glass Lens||Round White Ridged Baffle LED||Square Whtie Regressed Baffle LED||Round White Swivel Spotlight LED||Square White Shower Frosted Tempered Glass Lens|
|Max Wattage||50 Watts||35 Watts||35 Watts||50 Watts||50 Watts||35 Watts|
|Bulb Specifications||10x GU10 Base MR16 Shape||1x GU10 Base MR16 Shape||4x E26 Base PAR20 or R20 Shape||4x GU10 Base MR16 Shape included||4x GU10 Base MR16 Shape included||1x GU10 Base MR16 Shape included|
Cut Hole with Template
Mark the appropriate openings for your recessed lighting kit in the desired locations using the template included in the box. Cut the openings using a drywall saw. Refer to instruction sheets for proper hole size.
Step 1 ---- Cut Hole
Step 2 ---- Connect Wires
Step 3 ---- Push-N-Click Clips
Step 4 ---- Insert Trim & Bulb
Compare with similar items
Globe Electric's 10-pack 4" Round Trim Recessed Lighting Kit with round trim and white finish is the perfect way to brighten up the interior of your home or commerce with style. Featuring patented PUSH-N-CLICK clips which are fully adjustable and extra wide to grip uneven surfaces and provide easy tool-free installation. A swivel light bulb gives you the ability to focus light on specific areas and can be directed for any desired look. An integrated cut-off switch ensures that the fixture will not overheat and can be used with or without an insulation box. Dimmable with a compatible dimmer switch (not included). Requires ten 50-watt equivalent GU10 MR16 light bulbs (sold separately). Cut a 3.88-inch hole for this item.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, yes, these recessed lights are IC rated as long as you install them with an LED bulb. A big plus when installing as a remodel job.
The lights themselves are great, easy to install, can swivel in any direction, and the nickel finish gives a stylish appearance.They're exceedingly bright when used in conjunction with a 50w LED bulb equivalent. Installation is pretty easy but make sure to check for studs behind the drywall where you want to cut the hole. Feeding a bent coat hanger through a small hole in the drywall is a great method of determining if there's any obstructions.
As other reviewers mentioned these lights are slightly smaller than the standard 4" recessed can so you'll need a slightly smaller hole saw bit. I got the MK Morse AV62 Hole Saw, 3-7/8-Inch Bi-Metal Boxed . Also, I highly recommend getting a drillers dust bowl like this one, Morris Products 13500 Drillers Dust Bowl to catch all the bits of drywall when you cut the holes for the lighting. Otherwise, you'll have drywall dust everywhere.
Overall, I like these recessed lights very much. Great lights, great price, & IC rated when used with LED bulbs.
10 Pack Bioluz LED GU10 LED Bulbs 50W Halogen Equivalent Dimmable 6.5w 3000K 120v UL Listed (Pack of 10)
Lutron DVCL-153P-WH Diva Dimmer for CFL, LED, Halogen, and Incandescent Dimmable Bulbs, White
install was easy but doing ten of them is work.
tips: use the "cut out" circle that is on the box the lights come in. this is the exact size circle you need to cut in the ceiling. before you cut, drill a pilot hole and use a hanger in an L shape to stick around and the ceiling to make sure you aren't too close to a stud.
run 12/2 wire from hole to hole leaving a loop out. when you install it you will cut the loop and wire one in from another light and one out to another light.
Update they can be used in ic applications if the led bulbs are under a certain number of watts, read instructions and description closely
1. I bought these cause they were so much cheaper then the ones at the home store (home depot / Lowe's) and I figured since they were IC rated with LEDs that would be great. There in lies the first issue. After I installed the first 2 rooms (8 lights) I realized there was no sticker on them showing they were IC rated in fact it says on the side to not mount it in contact with insulation. I checked with a electrician buddy and they would not pass inspection. So I had to add Rockwall covers to the lights. That added $15 per light.
2. The included wire nuts are garbage. Over the last 2 years I ended up have to replace more then half the wire nuts because they would not hold onto the wires. This was a royal pain and there was always 1 or 2 that would have intermittent connection requiring take them back done and checking connections.
3. The gu10 connectors kept loosing connection to the bulbs. Over the last months I had 4 that just stopped working and untraced it down to the gu10 bulb connection not making good contact with the bulb.
This was the last straw and I just replaced them with a light that was 27 dollars each. That might seem expensive but when you consider the cost of purchasing the bulbs, making them IC rated and the hassle of poor connections its just not worth it.
Please spend a little more and get quality you will be so much happier
Top international reviews
Yes it is CSA approved, IC rated (whenever used with 7W led or less) and rated for damped location (as witnessed by the sticker inside the pot (where it matters for a potential inspection). The lack of quick connectors doesn't bother me: they provide some wire nuts (didn't see it at first) - they could be of little use, since in most of the cases you will have at least 2 14awg cables, be because you want to connect a switch,... or daisychain lights - for this the provided wire nuts will be too small!
I give 4 stars because,
* It requires an odd size saw hole (3 7/8)
* One of my trim got a fabrication default (some excess metal left around the bottom screw in the picture, prevent a led to fit).
* They don't sell the 20 piece contractor pack like on the US website
* To prevent damage to your cable and to secure it in place, you will need to outfit your junction box with some cable connectors UI (such as https://www.amazon.ca/Arlington-Push--Connector-Csa-Bag/dp/B000GASID0/ref=sr_1_24?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1469335289&sr=1-24) see picture.
It could have been nice to have a junction box designed to prevent the need of it (as most of the boxes found at your local hardware store)
At the end, as witnessed by the comments, Globe did a very poor job at describing their product (you basically need to buy it to see if it is IC rated, or do lot of research ahead to understand what you buy - a better description of the product is available at amazon.com), ans so that alone deserve to remove one star!
They should have thoroughly checked out the return before sending it to me.
After using these for 4 years they still look like new! Each bulb has blown once in those 4 years, the last one just last week. But I bought a 10 pk of replacement bulbs so no biggie. We recently did more renos and used some new LED lights but a now wondering if it would have been smarter to use more of these because of the ease of changing the bulb.
Keep in mind, you will need to but your own lights and I would recommend you get a pack of Loomex Cable Connectots which adds another $2 to price and is well worth it to secure the cable.