Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Glory of Heracles - Nintendo DS

on May 31, 2015
This is such a great game! I am kind of hard to please when it comes to DS games. What can I say? I like what I like! If they are too complicated, like Radiant Historia (which I will get back to one of these days - honest!) I have a tendency to put them aside. By the same token I want a little challenge. Some of my favorites are From the Abyss, Nostalgia and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Glory fits right in with these. Good graphics, great story line and you have to watch what you do. It would be easy to miss some things, like where to go to pray to the gods. Actually I am very close to finishing this for the first time and can't wait to start over again so that I can see what I might have missed in the beginning. If you love Nostalgia and Golden Sun Dark Dawn, I think you'll find Glory to be a new favorite.
2 people found this helpful
on September 3, 2010
As one of the other commenters said this was a great deal on amazon a few months ago. I'm super backlog on DS games and I finally got around to playing it the last few weeks. I think I'm about a quarter of the way through.

To be honest the first hour of this game was actually really really boring and the battles were pretty tedious so I ended up using "auto" for all the battles (there is a button that just lets the AI of the game battle for you but you have to press this during each turn of the battle) because that was easy and it worked.

I almost didn't pick it up after playing on it the first time. I don't mind giving up on games at all but when I picked up the DS the next day it was still in there so I was like alright I'll give it another try. It's actually surprised me, the story picked up a little and I ran into a battle were "autoing" it wasn't working at all, which forced me to actually play the battle and learn all the cool things my characters can do and the neat mini games for the magic attacks.

I actually really appreciate having to think about the battle and also using "auto" to supplement my battles. The more you play the more you will run into hard battles were you will either play completely manually or half manually and half auto and then you of course can all auto for super easy battles. Combined with story being picked up after the first few hours this game is hard to put down now. I can't wait to get home after work and play this game.

So I definitely advise you to not give up on this if you only played for an hour or two because it really does pick up and it's a lot of fun when you reach the harder battles in this game.
3 people found this helpful
on August 6, 2012
This game is set in ancient Greece. Hercules (one of the gods) has gotten hit on the head and has amnesia. He can't remember any of his powers, skills or history. He doesn't really know that he is a god. He meets a fighter who diagnoses his problem and offers to accompany him to Olympus to get fixed up. That's the basic premise of the game.

The controls are easy to master and constant tutorials introduce each new feature.

Battles are interesting. Your group plays on the bottom screen, enemies on the top screen. Each side has a 2x4 grid, allowing for movement and some strategy. Still, it plays like a standard turn-based rpg. I like the blending of rpg and strat in the battles. It makes me think in new ways.

There are lots of areas to explore. Some NPC's are into their own lives, others give hints of how to play or where to go next, others drive the story further.

I am enjoying this game a great deal and would gladly recommend it. Although the game is somewhat linear, I will play this game many times.
3 people found this helpful
on June 27, 2013
I love fantasy games-I always did!! I have to get a little use to it,but that is okay.Still I am an RPG fan! You are a very organized seller,and I do appreciate the fact that the game came complete with everything.Some games sell without the case or the manual,and I think that is no necessary-you waste money like that.I feel that if I'm spending big money like that,then everything should be complete. And you definitely were RIGHT ON!! Thank you soon much for this wonderfully interesting and fun game!!
One person found this helpful
on May 7, 2018
Loved playing this game. Played it once when I was younger and have been looking for it again to reminisce in it's glory. Highly recommend playing, even for a short while since there is no post-story things to do.
on September 2, 2017
It's a cute little RPG but not that fascinating and slightly annoying if you actually enjoy greek mythology because this game doesn't follow the mythos of those characters at all. Seeing Patroclus as a woman was a real bummer. I love the Achilles and Patroclus story...so the game annoyed me in that way. But hey....if youre looking for an old game and find this in a 5 dollar bin or can get it on here cheap it's worth a quick play.
on March 20, 2013
I enjoy playing it still. I bought this game about a week ago, and have yet to beat it, but only because I don't play all day, and I take my time, and I don't know if it is just me but I feel the need to search every nook and cranny just in case. :) I gave the game a 4/5, because it is a older game. The fighting style is turn based, ALMOST looks like a checkers game, where you can choose where you want to attack and then do it, and afterwards I always shout "King Me". hahaha. It makes it fun!!
I recommend this game for anyone who enjoys turn-based RPG's and is on a very low Budget.
on January 6, 2014
I saw this game for $7.99 on Amazon, and I thought I'd throw it in with some other stuff I was ordering. It's very well worth it!

Pros:
The story is very humorous and well-written.
Great Greek myth feel to it
Combat is fun and challenging

Cons:
Some repetitiveness
Some characters aren't quite as developed as others
Some of the pop culture references (there are a few) may annoy people. This isn't Lunar: Silver Star Story, but it does make a few anachronistic comments here and there.

Overall, it's a cheap game that will keep fans of old-school RPGs happy.
One person found this helpful
on July 12, 2016
It is a nice rpg game to play.
on January 21, 2015
First o all, why would ay idiot give this anything less than 5 stars? Considering the other crap that comes out for the DS;this is the best RPG on the DS. Especially for fans of Ancient Greece & Rome. Many people who don't know history, arent't aware that; though the Romans cpoied everything from the Greeks, thier Gods & heroes had different names. For example, Hercules was Heracles. Zeus, the main god in Greece, had the planet name Jupiter. Ares, was Mars, Hades was Pluto, Hermes was Mercury, etc. This game is really good and makes you feel that you're in Ancient Greece. The characters are well-ballanced and the story is filled with humor in many places. The battle system is fairly easy to manage and get the hang of. Though I've beaten the game many times; I still love playing it! I HIGHLY reccomend this to RPGERS of all ages!!
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question