Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Glory O'Brien's History of the Future Paperback – June 2, 2015
|New from||Used from|
"Neverworld Wake" by Marisha Pessl
Read the absorbing new psychological suspense thriller from acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Marisha Pessl. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"Wickedly clever...a genre-busting battlefield of a book."―Bestselling author Rick Yancey for The New York Times
* "This beautifully strange, entirely memorable book will stay with readers."―School Library Journal, starred review
*"Not only thoroughly original but also uniquely compelling and deeply memorable."―Horn Book, starred review
* "A novel full of provocative ideas and sharply observed thoughts about the pressures society places on teenagers, especially girls."―Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "An indictment of our times with a soupçon of magical realism.... Will inspire a new wave of activists."―Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "King performs an impressive balancing act here, juggling the magic realism of Glory's visions with her starkly realistic struggle.... [A] powerful, moving, and compellingly complex coming-of-age story."―Booklist, starred review
* "King continues to be one of the most original (yet accessible) YA writers today, and the magical realism element accentuates the humanity of the narrative."―The Bulletin, starred review
"This book reminds you to get scared. It reminds you that battles fought aren't always won, that history repeats itself, that what we take for granted can easily be dismantled."―"Birthday by Birthday, a Starter Library for Young Feminists" --BNTeenblog
"You won't be able to put down this futuristic story about a girl who starts having visions of both the past and the future-in which she sees an end to women's rights and a civil war between sexes."―Teen Vogue
"The characters will stay with readers long after they finish the novel....Highly recommended."―VOYA
About the Author
A.S. King is the author of the highly acclaimed Reality Boy; Ask the Passengers, a Los Angeles Times Book Prize winner; Everybody Sees the Ants; and the Edgar Award nominated, Michael L. Printz Honor book Please Ignore Vera Dietz. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and children.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Definitely a recommended read for the young adult genre but any age should enjoy this book (I'm 50-something).
By far my favorite A.S. King novel.