BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 29, 2016
These are much better for grabbing vs the typical flat pot holder, oven mitt or bulky glove. However, the "13-Inche Extra Long Cuff" doesn't mean the cuff is 13" long. It's only 6". the 13 inches is overall length of the glove. So, I had hoped that the sleeves would be longer, going up to past the forearm, for reaching back on the lower rack. But, these are a bit short. So, still be careful.

Also, holding something hot (even 350 F/ 176.6 C) for too long, or too tightly, you will feel the heat, and possibly get a 1st degree burn (which did happen to me once). NEVER use them wet, or even damp! The heat will pass right through them, and you can get burned.

EDIT: July 5, 2017: The gloves wash up pretty nicely. However, don't use Fabric Softener or a dryer sheet. It's probably best to wash them with the micro-fiber cleaning rags. Also, reduced the rating, as you will feel the heat even at 250 F / 121.1 C, if you hold a hot dish for a longer period of time (even 20 seconds), or pulling the whole rack out of the oven.
on January 23, 2012
I bake a lot and was looking for something that would be better than my oven mitts. They did the job of keeping my hands safe, but trying to grab a cookie sheet or bread pan, or really anything, was tricky. These gloves are just the thing! I can grab anything hot safely and don't feel the heat at all. I was a little nervous at first because they look just like regular gloves (which I would never put near a stove) but they do work just like they are advertised. The only problem, which was why I rated it 4 stars instead of 5, was the fit. I've noticed other reviewers saying their gloves were almost too small and a tight fit. Mine are the opposite. These are a little bulky on me. I was actually looking forward to a tighter fit (like a glove!) but c'est la vie. It works fine.

I edited this review to add pictures of what the glove size really is. I added some pictures so take a look if you like.

**Update 11/10/2013**
Oh, snap! My pictures are gone. Okay, I'm not sure if this was Amazon's doing or the manufacturer requested they be deleted. When I purchased this product, it was only one size you could receive. Now it has two options of size, so maybe my review wouldn't have been fair since it was solely based on one size (which was all I got.) But if you're stating in a review that you're adding pictures and then the pictures are deleted, it would've been nice to at least get an email stating so. In any event, I do still use these gloves. I still wish they were smaller and will probably replace them if I can find some that fit better and still keep the heat away.
on July 9, 2017
Nicely made pair of oven gloves. Very secure and easy to slip on and off. They are real flexible. The silicone grasp design of the gloves makes for a real secure grip onto whatever you want to grasp. They are thickly woven and are just the right length. I see these lasting a long time. Not sure how they can be improved. Recommend for barbecue and indoor range top and oven. Would buy again if needed.
on August 30, 2013
I thought these worked pretty well initially. However, I put them on shortly after washing my hands and when I tried to take them off, the inner lining came out of the fingers. I tried to get the lining back in to no avail. I finally just cut out the entire inner lining and am using them that way. That seems to work OK as long as you don't hold anything hot for too long. Disappointed.
on December 2, 2013
I contemplated the idea of buying the 'Ove Glove versus this, more affordable option. I have used, but not owned an 'Ove Glove, but I soon saw the virtue of having two of these at roughly the same price as a single OG. So I went ahead and got the G&F oven gloves. Not having owned the OG, I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you that I do not feel I am missing any function in these that OG would give me. Basically now, I have two for the price of one.

I have been using these for a few months now, and they are great. I use them for every hot job, no longer requiring the use of a kitchen towel, a hotpad or the old standard oven mitts, all of which have been rendered obsolete, except as trivets - although we actually have silicone trivets that work very well. When grilling in the summer, I can now use a short spatula, and even reach in to turn things and easily toast burger buns by hand, but if that's what you want this for specifically, go with the extended cuff model.

Construction-wise, these are made of two-ply Nomex, heat resistant material, with silicone applications in strategic spots, helping keep the heat off your hands, and increasing your grip capabilities. Well, it works great, and I have hardly ever felt any heat through these things, although I have smarted my fingers when pulling them off directly after use. The silicone can stay hot for a few moments, so be warned.

The two-ply construction is essentially two gloves sewn together, and I found that there was some slip between the two layers, which I found somewhat annoying, cutting down on dexterity. And although these were comfortably large for me, they were awfully large for my wife, who complained that her dexterity was low while wearing them - a complaint I read in other reviews - BUT WAIT... There is a solution:
This Thanksgiving, I used these to handle and carve the turkey, causing them to get dirty and grimy again. No problem, I have washed them several times, and they come clean easily. But I have been following instructions, washing them in cold water. My mother-in-law, in her verve to be helpful ran them in the wash on the HOTsetting. These are heat resistant, but still made of fiber, so they shrank slightly. Not much, but just enough to now be snug on my hands, and comfortable on my wife's hands. Best of all, the two-ply layers no longer slip; the fit is snug and my dexterity has increased. These are even better now than they were before. A 4-star rating is now a five! No guarantees that this will work for you, but I am now completely satisfied.

If I ever burn, char, cut or wear these things out, I will get the same ones again. I'd consider the long cuffs, but they may take longer to slip on/off. I have a feeling I will have a long time before I need to make that decision.
on February 3, 2016
These are not for small hands. The description says these are medium size glove for smaller hands. I am adding photos so you can see that the measurements that they give are in accurate. They are 6 inches across the widest part of the glove. They state that they are ambidextrous which basically means there is absolutely no shape to this glove. My pinky has at least 2 inches of floppy material above it. I have yet to find one of these gloves that fits the actual description. I'm three for three on getting and returning, I was really excited about this one because of the measurements that were listed, and a description stating it's for a smaller hands. My hands are actually a size medium and the Playtex gloves for washing dishes. My daughter takes a small in the Playtex gloves for washing dishes. Big disappointment.....again! I don't know how,they work with heat as they were being returned. The quality of the gloves is good. They seem thick enough to help with heat. I tried the Ove Glove and these seem more flexible.
on May 30, 2017
This is the 1st review on any product I have ever done. Since the other reviews never mentioned the horrible chemical smell the gloves have, I thought I would for other potential buyers. I have aired them out for 2 days and they still smell, your hands also smell like chemicals when you remove the gloves. I can just imagine what toxic chemicals are being absorbed through the skin. They are great if you want to remove a hot pan from the oven and then wash your hands immediately. I would never think of touching food after they have been on my hands. The manufacturer states they can be washed in cold water, maybe that would help?
on October 27, 2014
I am a smallish female so even the "medium" size is big for my hands, but these gloves are still WAAAAAYYYY better than a clumsy oven mitt style glove for getting things out of the oven and working around the barbecue/rotisserie area. The silicone bits help with grip and I really like the extra length when reaching deep into the oven or into the big backyard barbecue grill. i used to have to really focus on not brushing my arm against anything hot but these gloves completely solve that problem. I can't imagine trying to grab anything hotter than a meat laden 500degree rotisserie rod and forks for the 60-90 seconds required to ferry them to a heat proof surface, and these babies can do that and stay completely cool. Well maybe grabbing a log on a fire would be more challenging, but I've heard these can do that too...but I haven't tested that property out myself.
on February 9, 2011
I'm a size 7.5 in women's gloves. These gloves really didn't fit.

They measure 5" across the palm and each finger (including the thumb) is 3" long. From the tip of the middle finger to the base of the hand is 8", and there's an additional 3" cuff past the base of the hand. Since the material is pretty bulky, I'm guessing they would be most comfortable for someone with a glove size of 9 to 11 and relatively wide palms.

There were a few minor defects in the weave, but the fit is the bigger problem for me.

And there is no sign of a butterfly embellishment, so I guess that was a complaint made about a different model.
on July 10, 2017
My wife wanted these gloves so that she can actually grip the pans to take them out of the oven. Regular pot holders just were not working for her. She's thrilled that she can firmly grasp pans and go from oven to table.