Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 98 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 113 reviews
on March 7, 2017
We just received this book and I cannot wait to bring it camping! My excitement is tied with that of my 4 yo. For everyone who writes that the inside pages don't glow: the beginning clearly says to shine a bright light on them and then they will glow. Once we did that, they glowed beautifully! I will try to remember to update after we've bought it camping and read the entire book.
on June 7, 2017
When I ordered this I did not realize that it actually does glow in the dark!!!! I was looking for an enjoyable book that would complement the telescope that we bought for our 10 year old. It was easy to read and the pictures and descriptions were not cluttered and appropriate for her age.
on August 9, 2014
There are myriad constellations in this book but they are a bit hard to locate on the pages. I do like he explanations of the stories about them. All in all this was an OK book but not what I hoped for. My older great granddaughters have it now and I hope to have some good discussions in the future.
on June 15, 2017
Received as expected.
on November 17, 2010
I checked this book out from the library with my six year old son a few months ago. We kept re-checking it and re-checking it... when we took it camping with his dad and step-brother we decided that we needed to own it as it was the coolest addition to camping ever. Take a flashlight out and shine it on it and look up- easy peasy and fun. What a great idea and a great book. Easy to read and understand.
on June 18, 2014
As simply as this book is, it is great. You can tell its a older book because it is written for normal folks. It shows a picture of the night sky with stars and the ones that glow make up the constellation, simple. I don't care about the name of every star or their bearing as they relate to the earth. I just want to be able to look up at night and know what I'm looking at. I wish the writer would make a bigger and better book with more constellations in it, I'd by it tomorrow. This book is for the average person who just want to know the Big Dipper not the name of every star in it.
on June 4, 2013
I bought this book for my 6 year old that wanted to know more about the stars. The covers
glows in the dark but the inside pages do not. He likes it but it isn't his go to book.
on April 12, 2017
Fun little book!
on May 25, 2012
I bought this as a present for an 8 year old into stars. I also got a copy for my 7 year old. This book is a cool concept as it shows and explains the constellations in an easy way. The pages show the constellation in the sky with other stars. The actual constellation is raised bumps that I think glow in the dark - my son thought that was really cool. He liked that he could feel and figure out the constellation. I suppose if we read the book at night with the light on and then turn out the lights - the constellation will glow. I'll have to try that. The reason I don't know is because my son looked at the book when we got it and hasn't touched it since. So I'm mixed on this book. He may be a bit young or simply not into it right now. I'm keeping the book because it's really good information, in a way that kids will like and learn it, and it has the glow in the dark constellation. I'm just not 100% because he hasn't really gotten into it yet. I'm hoping if I keep it on the shelf it will be a selection at some point.
on April 23, 2017