Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

92%

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on July 25, 2014
This book is incredibly helpful for anyone (English-speaking) trying to avoid eating gluten while traveling in France. The author does an exceptionally thorough job explaining how to ask for gluten-free foods in French, and she includes an extensive list of key vocabulary, which was helpful in supporting our limited French communication skills. Even on our first day, when we were incredibly jet-lagged and our basic French conversation skills hadn't quite caught up to us, we simply brought the book with us to our first restaurant and showed our waiter a copy of the page that the author provides explaining "gluten-free" and celiac disease. Awesome!! The restaurant listings, and the various ways the locations are listed in Paris (alpha, neighborhood, type of establishment) was very helpful. We traveled through Paris, Lyon, Avignon, and Aix-en-Provence using the recommendations of the book (and we ate EXTREMELY well!). By the end of our trip, when we were in the rural town of Castellane (very small, so it's not included in the book), we were able to have an entire conversation (mostly in French!) with our waitress using the information and skills we had gleaned from The Gluten-Free Guide to France!! Highly, highly recommended.
on June 23, 2013
Before going to Paris, I contacted the author and so was able to give her updates on the places she mentioned. She was both helpful with the book and it's supplemental insert as well as her personal willingness to respond to email. What a wonderful person! I highly recommend this book and the website she has to help with the card you hand to your server at a restaurant so they are absolutely clear that no gluten can be in the food... the card (or page in the book) explains what gluten is so that the server won't make a mistake. A couple of servers brought the page back to the chef so that we didn't have any problems. This was a life saver for me and my mother in France. I don't have gluten intolerance but my mother has Celiac and it's really horrible when she gets sick. We did really well and she stayed well as well. Thanks so much for this guide and the author!
on April 25, 2015
Great resource for those traveling to France who must maintain a gluten free diet, particularly those with Celiac Disease. Our journey took us primarily to Paris, and I found the book to be up-to-date with so many options for dining throughout the city. From the quick take-away to an elegant dining experience, I was well informed and ultimately well fed.

My only wish is that we'd had more time in Paris to enjoy additional restaurants on the list! Many thanks to Maria Roglieri for her series of books!
on March 14, 2017
Great Guide!
on March 10, 2013
I am yet to put this book to the test as I am not travelling to Paris until July however given my limited french and some restauranters limited knowledge of gluten free food I am sure this book will be a god send. I have had a good look through the book and it looks as though my dining aprehensions may be unfounded.
on June 30, 2012
Not only was the book incredibly helpful for our tour of France, but it was shipped right away. Terrific book and terrific service!!
on August 9, 2015
Quick delivery good gluten free guide fo france
on July 7, 2013
Very valuable for my travels in finding dietary appropriate food and will reduce time in looking for things while travelling.
on October 8, 2013
I can't wait to use this excellent book in Paris in 2 weeks!! I read through it and it is very detailed and excellent!