Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gluten-Free Holiday Baking
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 2, 2013
I am not a cook but I am a BIG holiday baker. I was very pleased that this book had simple straight forward recipes that are not complicated at all. On almost all of the recipes the author gives alternatives....add this, or add that if you like x better. Irish soda bread, stollen, a Yule log, chocolate flourless tort. Also empanadas, spring rolls, pop overs..they are all in here. My number one I am going to try: gf graham crackers!! They look totally easy and nummy. Molten chocolate cakes.... Yes please! Nice but not too long section on flours, binders like guar gum and xanthan, no lecture sections like I have found in other GF books. Over all very good book for my growing GF baking collection.
on December 15, 2012
This is a replacement for one of many gluten-free cookbooks I had before our housefire. I have great empathy for people who cannot eat wheat because I cannot eat meat. We are all different in what our bodies will tolerate. Ellen Brown has taken gluten free cooking to a new level. Very nice pictures and good instruction. I would call her the Alton Brown of gluten-free cooking. The book arrived early and was securely wrapped. Thank you to Amazon, too.
on January 10, 2013
I have made the stollen and biscuits and they both came out great. The stollen recipe made so much stollen that I will cut the recipe in half the next timeI bake it. I give the book an extra star(total of six).
on October 13, 2015
I loved her gluten-free slow cooker cookbook so much that I couldn't wait to see what else she had published. What a find for the holidays and our first year as a gluten-free family. It is intimidating to walk away from a way of cooking I had only known, and giving up favorite recipes in the process. Ellen Brown's holiday baking cookbook is a welcome addition to our new collection of cookbooks. A big thanks to her (if she reads reviews) for putting this resource together. It's a huge blessing to our family.
on November 6, 2015
There is no reason for us to have purchased this book and I usually steer clear of these books, but after peering through it we took the plunge. The selections are amazing and not too complicated calling for ingredients easily found at your local supermarket. No need for searching/buying online. Glad about that. :)
on October 18, 2013
Love these 2 cookbooks that I received today but was very surprised that the recipes did not include Nutrition Facts. I bake gluten free for my diabetic grandson. It doubles the work when I must figure out the carbs and nutrition facts. I will keep the books because they are very nice but maybe in the future these important facts will be included.
on January 16, 2013
My son loves both the popovers and the Brazilian rolls. Have not tried any other recipes but look forward to doing so.
on December 8, 2013
I've recently had to change my diet to gluten-free, so I'm very happy to have discovered this book. The ingredients are readily available at Whole Foods or other health food shops, and she keeps them to a minimum. I've seen other gluten-free baking books with long lists of different unfamiliar ingredients. I made the cranberry cake in a bundt pan, and it rose up well. Nice crumb to it, it looks impressive, and has GREAT flavor. I never would have guessed the cake was gluten free. Well done!

Question: would the focaccia recipe work as pizza dough? I'm on the hunt for a good pizza recipe.
on December 21, 2012
I loved the variety of holiday treats and so many of my favorites were included! I'm a huge fan of Ellen Brown - haven't found a bad recipe from her yet.
on September 6, 2014
I am one who really appreciates the presentation of foods. The photos on the cover of this book really captured my eye and the main reason I purchased the cookbook. Unfortunately, the garnish which makes the presentation, is not part of the recipe. For example, the Flourless Chocolate Nut Torte, makes no mention of the topping. Also, the Cheesecake recipe stops with the cheesecake recipe, no mention of what makes it so beautiful. Both of these are featured on the cover. Very disappointing.