Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 23, 2012
...my cat was completely engrossed with the images from the minute I turned this on.

I was skeptical, but it worked!

I periodically work from home and have conference calls or webinars where background silence is necessary. My adorable little feline friend -- a very talkative Siberian Russian mix -- loves to chirp at me when I'm talking. I bought this DVD with the intention of getting her to focus on the movie and not on me while I work.

Well..it was definitely an effective kitty-sitter. She sat and stared at the loop of images and sounds for a few hours, periodically getting up to try and bat at the images on the TV. She was also just super relaxed with the noises that played, kneading away on a comfy blanket I'd put in her favorite chair in front of the TV (she's spoiled).

In short, she was enthralled and I'm both surprised and pleased. Highly recommended. Why don't they sell these in pet stores?!?
review image
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on March 14, 2015
The video was not at all what I expected it to be. It was simply 3 different cats, at different times, watching a TV that shows birds at a bird feeder, some gerbils running over a piece of wood. Chirping noises. First it was one cat. Then another cat watching the same thing. Then a third cat watching the same thing on a TV. Then it repeated, going back to the first cat. It did NOT attract my cat's attention at all. She looked at my TV, the expression on her face was "that's just on TV; that's not real." She ignored it completely, so I have spent $17.59 for nothing. She always got very excited when we lived where she could get on a window sill and see real birds and squirrels out the window. But she knows the difference between real and what's on TV, i.e., not real. Is there anyway I can return the video since she has no interest in it whatsoever?
on December 25, 2010
The video footage is acceptable, but they dubbed this horribly incessant bird chirp audio track over just about everything -- squirrels, guinea pigs, even fish! If the people who shot the footage had a shotgun mic to capture the sounds of what they were shooting, it would have helped a lot.

But the video isn't for me -- it's for my cat, and he loves it. Even when I'm home with him, I can put the DVD on and it will entertain him for five to fifteen solid minutes at a time, many times throughout the day.

Update Jan. 14th, 2012: I upgraded this review from four stars to five because I'm amazed at how much my cat still loves this DVD. In fact, he has some of it memorized -- he pounces at the TV a fraction of a second before birds fly away. I still hate the DVD, but my cat would give it six stars if he could.
on May 18, 2015
As others have stated, the monotonous bird calls will drive you a bit crazy and seem ridiculously out of place when an aquarium with fish is up on the screen. Some of the video is fairly high quality and other parts seem pretty amateurish and low quality, but our kitty really seems to like it... a little too much, actually. She watched it in fascination the first time, not quite sure what to make of it. The second time she got pretty excited, pacing around and looking around the back of the TV to see how she could get in to get the little creatures and fish. The third time she decided she definitely wanted to catch some fish. After several attacks on our large flatscreen TV, I decided to put away the DVD until after her front paws were declawed. That's been done now (along with her spaying) and although she seems totally healed up, I'm giving it a couple more weeks just to make sure, as this DVD seems to get her pretty excited. Even though it's not really that high quality, it does exactly what it's supposed to do.
on August 17, 2016
My cat loves this video. I've got an 8 yr old solely indoor cat who enjoys watching birds, squirrels, mice and anything else that happens to cross her path when she's sitting on the window ledge. She's got lots of toys and scratchers but still gets board at times. I bought the video and she immediately runs to watch it. She loves the sounds of birds and her favorites are: squirrels, mice, gerbils, and finches. She's not too interested in the fish or the big birds. Overall, this keeps her entertained. The only suggestion would be to change out some of the sounds. The same bird chirp is heard throughout the video. I would recommend this product
VINE VOICEon April 20, 2012
This is a difficult DVD to review because each cat has different animal interests, each cat has a different degree of interest and (this is a big one folks) each cat as a lovable level of I.Q. (I.Q. vaires in cats as with humans). All of these factors, as well as the personality of your cat, will depend on how succesful you will find this DVD. We'll use a research study of seven cats. Four of these cats are feral but have been tamed in a contained environment and are all now comfortable with their owner, if not the other three cats. They seeme to have remained a family unit. The other cats were all dumped and taken in and present an average blend of personality, intelligence and interests of the domestic cat.

The DVD begins with a advertisment set to Struass' "Blue Danube Waltz" where various cats playing with a "Boing" toy. This is a delight to one of the domesticated males, a long hair bully sort who's ability to purr more loudly than the Strauss is impressive. He stands before the computer screen (we did not put it on the TV as one cat will leap up onto the armoire and block the vision for the other cats) because a great deal of watching this is about sniffing at the confusing screen- "Are these birds real?" Joey (the large fluffy bruiser of whoim we already spoke) tends to step on the keys and becomes frustrated when it pauses or beeps or, on one delightfully amusing occasions, ejected the disc altogether. As people, watching the cats is far more interesting than the birds.The rodentws are the biggest hitsa; the fish are the least interesting and the squirrel ties with the fish as least interesting. So two of the cats are enthralled all of the time, three a good deal of the time, one sometimes and then one not at all. Some cats don;t care and others are simply enthralled. This, by the way, is not the only disc available. This is, however, the only one I've seen fifteen hundred times which leaves me, in my humble opinion, an expert.

The DVD loops so that presumably you could leave for work in the morning and it would continue all day. Our most intelligent cat, a tiny thing once feral who gave birth to three bruisers, is fascinated and regards the plethora of birds and hamsters from a distance, though she HAS been known to stand stage right of the computer as Joey, the bonzer bloke, stands stage left. We've never had more than four of the seven cats intersted at the same thing at the same time. One cat has never shown the least bit of interest in anything other than food and affection, food coming first, so there are no guaranttees that your DVD will please your cat. This is a sure thing if you have several cats and it'sa crap shoot if you've only one. I would have to say that both human and feline specoies have learned to love this in our home though I've had enough of Ricard Strauss and his Vienese Waltzes.

This is a don't miss.
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 17, 2016
This was kind of an impulse buy, I didn't really know if my cats would be that into it. Now I'm sitting here hours later and they haven't stopped staring at the tv.. My cat Pecan is trying to get underneath and inside the television to kill the animals! 😂😂 They are really enjoying themselves. Best $8 I've ever spent!
review image
on April 9, 2016
My cat LOVES this video. I've had the video for 3 days and when it isn't on she will ask me to play it. We recently moved from an apt with huge windows that looked out into trees in the suburbs to an apt in the city with views only of building walls. My cat needed to see animals again and be engaged. This cheesy video has made such a difference for her. The rats and the squirrel are her favorites. She really likes the finches too. She sits in front of the tv and talks to it for 45 mins every day when I get home. Then sometimes once more when she asks me to play it again. So happy to have this.
on November 27, 2012
If you are considering buying this DVD, DO IT!!! I have one 7 year old tabby cat, and we live alone. I work 40 hours a week, and between working, running errands, and socializing, my cat is home alone more than either of us would like. Though she had never shown any interest in TV, after reading reviews on this product I figured it was worth a shot. I'm so happy I bought it--she LOVES it.

The first time I put it on, she climbed up into her kitty condo and was literally on the edge of her seat, mesmerized by the sounds and images on the screen. She chatters at the TV, walks behind it to try to figure out how to get at the birds and fish, and stands on her hind legs and bats at the screen. It's hilarious to watch!!!

It has not been quite one week since I bought the DVD, but I have noticed some changes in my kitty. For one, she is more playful than she's been in years. She's chasing balls and doing laps around the apartment. Secondly, she seems much happier and more loving. She's always been a cuddler, but she is purring louder than ever before. When I used to leave for work in the morning, she would charge the door and want to come with me and I would feel so guilty having to leave her home alone. Now, I just put her movie on, and she's instantly entertained. I play it on a loop throughout the day, and when I get home in the evening I turn it off, feed her dinner, throw her toys around, and let her know how much I love her.

I highly recommend this DVD to anyone with cats, especially anyone who has to leave their cat(s) alone for more than a couple hours at a time. It's not a big monetary investment, so if your cat isn't into it, it's no big loss--just give it to a friend with cats and perhaps they will enjoy it.
33 comments|Report abuse
on October 17, 2014
I can never thank you enough for the cat sitter video. It has literally saved my cat's life. She was sinking deeply into a depressed state with 3 paws over the ledge, a pack of cigarettes a day, cat nip binges, and on her eighth and a half life until this miraculous product arrived. Now she's like a lively kitten ready to pounce on anything. Thank you thank you thank you for Gary the gerbil, which is her favorite, and Paulie the Parrot for intervening at just the right time. I don't know how I could have gone on watching her slowly deteriorate into such a sad state. I've tried everything such as hypnotists and antidepressants but this video was the simple solution to save her last life. I recommend this video to anyone with a special pet who seems to have lost their mojo. I can't wait to order the sequel.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.