Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 561 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 788 reviews
on March 22, 2017
One of my favorites as a child. I was sorry this board book version cut out some of my favorite parts. Although in retrospect the girl dog continually changing hats to impress the boy dog is pretty foolish. Nevermind, I'm giving this five stars after all. Cutting out that part actually makes it a better book for boys and especially girls. : )
on April 20, 2012
This is my favorite Cat in the Hat style books... dogs drive cars, climb tress, wear silly hats... and along the way kids learn the words big, small, up, down, stop, go, colors, etc. In my opinion, functions very nicely as gender neutral. I am a girl and loved this book and totally wanted to learn how to drive a car!

One star was removed because the pages in this book are a little on the thin side so you can see through them a bit which can be confusing. In reducing the book to a smaller size, they also cut off portions of the original art and removed the empty space around the art which actually helped to accentuate and frame it. I prefer the original version which was a larger book. On the plus side, the smaller size is better for a toddler to carry and hold.
on January 29, 2016
I purchased this for my one year old daughter. This used to be my favorite book when I was a child and wanted to make sure the tradition continued with my daughter. However, when I was out once looking for the book, I noticed that there is a new version of this book. I did not like or want this new version so began the search for the original. This is the original book. I would recommend this classic book be added to any child's collection.

Pros:
1) This is a classic book that should be in every child's library. The story is appropriate for children of all ages. The words are simple and the story teaches children about diversity.
2) This is the original version of the book; not the new version.

Cons:
1) The only con is that this does not come in a board book version. My daughter tends to be rough on books when trying to turn the pages, and the pages of this book can rip.

Overall, I highly recommend this book for all families.
on September 20, 2016
Some of these ratings seem to be based on confusion over the different versions of the book that are available. Here's a breakdown.

For the full-size with all original content, make sure you are ordering the "I Can Read It All By Myself, Beginner Books" edition. This is the version we just ordered and received for my toddler, and it is exactly what we expected/wanted.

The "(Big Bright & Early Board Book) Board book" edition is smaller, very much abridged, and all the pages are cardboard stock. This version is for younger babies.

Both versions are great - just for different purposes/ages. When my 2 year old was a baby up through just recently, we would read him the board book edition, or he would flip through it himself, and he loved it. It was perfect for his then-shorter attention span. We just recently ordered and received the full version, and it is perfect for him now. As a bonus of starting him on the board book version, while he loved it, he was SO excited to see the additional content when we first showed him the full edition.
on April 8, 2017
I loved this book as a kid so I got it for my then 13 month old. Was stunned to see it was 64 pages long and thought I'd have to wait a while for get a full read through before attention span ended, but it was a hit. Once read it 13 times in a row.
on January 21, 2016
This is really a fun book to read to a child. My (almost 3 year old) kid hoarded this book for days enjoying it all by himself and would let us read it. Now that he has finally let us read it to him, he quotes it regularly.

In addition to this book being fun to read, I really appreciate how many color words exist. I feel like it's a really good book to teach different color. I also really like all the spatial references (under, over, next to).

My only beef is when a male and female dogs repeated dialogue about if he likes her hat. It's probably just fun silliness, but every time I read it, I find my self trying to analyze why the female dog keeps asking "do you like my hat?" Does she care if he likes her hat? Why does she have so many hats? Is she trying to impress him? Does she just like hats?
on March 10, 2017
One of the times I like the board book better than the full length original. We love reading this book. It's cute, has fun pictures, and a nice little story line. My 1 year old and 5 year old both love it.
on June 24, 2017
my son LOVED the original Go Dog Go so we were very disappointed when this arrived to find it was a modified version. Nice size book but wish there was a mention that it was different.
on May 27, 2017
Our son loves this book. It's interactive and engaging enough that he's interested during the day, but also long enough that he gets sleepy at bedtime and knocks right out before we finish it.
on August 8, 2017
One of my fave books as a child. Bought this for a friend's baby who has yet to be born. I will leave a note in it and I hope he loves this book throughout his childhood as well.