- Save 10% on our Blue Fermentation Kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by The Mandeville Shop. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on our Red Fermentation Kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by The Mandeville Shop. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on our Black Fermentation Kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by The Mandeville Shop. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on our White Fermentation Kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by The Mandeville Shop. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on our Grey Fermentation Kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by The Mandeville Shop. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Go Ferment! Wide Mouth Mason Jar Glass Fermentatio..." and save 45% off the $30.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Go Ferment! Wide Mouth Mason Jar Glass Fermentation Weights & Recipe E-Book - Made in the USA (Pack of 4)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $7.23. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$5.03 (17%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MADE IN USA – All of our weights are Proudly Hand Made in the USA and Assembled by our small fermenting company in Boston, MA!
- SAFE MATERIALS – Our fermentation weights are made from the highest quality 100% soda-lime, lead-free, food safe glass in the USA! We use the same glass used to make mason jars. No more worrying about contaminates or other substances leaching into your ferment. Each weight has a beautiful polished look.
- DURABLE AND HEAVY – These are the heaviest weights available on the market! Each weight is 6.2 ounces with a diameter of 2.5” and a thickness of 0.75”. These will keep your ferments completely submerged underneath your brine eliminating oxygen exposure. Their size allows for very easy placement in and out of your jar!
- COMPATIBLE – These will fit in ANY sized wide-mouth mason jar! These are a perfect complement to your mason jar fermenting kits or your traditional fermenting crocks! Our weights will even work in a Fido jar!
- FREE RECIPE E-BOOK – Not only will you receive 4 handmade glass weights in a beautiful gift box, we will also send you a Recipe E-Book with our favorite recipes to get you started with fermenting!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The Mandeville Shop||Genuine Essentials||Elevate Products||Genuine Essentials|
|Material Type||Lead-free Food-safe Glass||Glass||Silicone||Glass|
|Size||—||Wide Mouth 4 PK||3.3 x 3.3 x 0.5 inches||Pebbles & Packer (Wide Mouth)|
Keep your ferments and pickles mold-free with our fermenting weights! Each of our weights are food-safe, lead-free, non-porous, and Proudly Hand Made in the USA. These weights are perfect for beginners to successfully start fermenting or pickling their own foods such as pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.
– 4 Glass Wide-Mouth Mason Jar Fermentation Weights
– Fermenting Recipe E-Book
– Gift Box
About the product:
Handmade glass fermentation weights made in the USA! We created these weights to prevent mold in small batch lacto fermentation and pickling. These weights will let you put your fermentation on auto-pilot! No need to check your ferments daily or constantly push them down underneath your brine or liquid. Place one of our weights on top of your ferment and let it hold your produce underneath your brine. These weights will ensure your ferments remain mold free in an anaerobic environment!
The size of each weight will allow you to place these in and out of your jar with ease. They also allow carbon dioxide bubbles to escape on the side. Our weights are the heaviest available allowing you to only need 1 weight per jar!
– 2.5” inches in diameter
– 0.75” inches in thickness
– 6.2 ounces per glass weight
You'll receive our Recipe E-Book with delicious recipes once you purchase our weights! Our sturdy gift box will keep your weights safe during shipping and make a beautiful birthday, holiday, or wedding present!
Compatible with ANY Wide-Mouth Mason Jars! Including: Ball, Kerr, Bernardin, Kilner, Quattro Stagioni, Golden Harvest, Orchard Road, Atlas, Legacy.
Have fun in any wide mouth mason jar size:
– 8 ounces – Half Pint
– 16 ounces – Pint
– 24 ounces – 1.5 Pint
– 32 ounces – Quart
– 64 ounces – Half Gallon
Click "ADD TO CART" and Buy Now!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
From the specs in the description; "Made in USA - Boston, 6.2 oz/diameter 2.5"/thickness 0.75". HEAVIEST WEIGHT available on the market.
I was concerned that something didn't feel right so I pulled out one of my scales and weighed the glass weight.
The glass weight weighed in 4.7 oz. instead of 6.2 oz. The weight is short 1.5 oz. I pulled out my other scale to double-check just in case my first scale was inaccurate. My second scale showed that the glass weight weighed in at 4.7 oz, too. I added two more photos also measuring the weight in grams to be exact and both scales showed that it weighed in at 134 grams when it should have weighed in at 175 grams per weight.
In essence, if you purchased these glass weights you are short 6 oz. total weight; meaning you lose almost one whole glass weight in your purchase.
I want to alert others as I know many purchase in good faith according to the specs of a product. How many people have scales in their homes?
I knew something didn't feel right and decided to check it out. I'm having a hard time believing that this wasn't caught earlier. I purchased mainly because I wanted to buy "Made in the USA." I thought something like this would be accountable under the USA division of Weights and Measures. I'll be sending my GoFerment glass weights back for a refund.
Tested some of the sauerkraut on a Ruben sandwich yesterday. Good!! Rinsed it first because it was too salty for me.
If your just starting out on your ferment journey don't bother with trying to figure out what to use to weigh down your ferment. Just purchase these little glass disks and save yourself some hassle.
I was going to order some Go Ferment fermentation weighs but when I checked their reviews I saw that some had received much lighter weights than what was advertised.
I picked up a couple of GF and Nourished Essentials weights and the first thing I noticed was that the NE weight was larger and felt much heavier. Weighing them the NE was 178g (a little over 6.2oz) and the GF weighed 134g (about 4.7oz). NE does not state the weight of their weights but maybe they should say something like much heavier than the heaviest weights on the market. I have a hunch that a high percentage of the people that order weights do not have scales and those that do may, like me, do not bother to use them. This leads me to believe that the number of under weight weights is a lot higher than reported. In general I would go with weights 6oz or greater, 2-3/4” in diameter and doesn’t have a history of cracking. Finally if the things you can easily check turn out to be untrue, what are you to believe about the things that can’t easily checked?!
Most recent customer reviews
Easy to take out of my wide mouth jars. Easy to clean:-)
Just getting into the fermenting process.