Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on April 21, 2017
Great
on October 30, 2015
Not really useful. Perhaps better for a teenager or twenty-something with no professional experience/in college.
on February 5, 2015
Almost done with this book, and I have to say, it can kick a 21 year old into cool confidence. I truly now feel that I'll someday be a badass business woman.
on April 3, 2014
The book lists some superficial advice without any substance. Some are common sense, like don't wear sheer black pantyhose that are too revealing. Some are superficial without addressing the real question. In one chapter, the author suggests that working hard and long hours is a must for career success in one chapter, and then in another chapter, she noted that spending time outside work on hobbies and exercise is key to long term success. Everybody would agree that both points are true, but the burning question for most women is how to balance them. The author recognized that, as she asked in the Introduction "should I leave work early for a yoga class?", but she never bothered to try to answer this question.

The book is full of examples of successful women, but didn't go deeper to their struggle and self improvement in both career and life. It's more like a collection of motivational but empty quotes and stories, like "I worked weekend and nights so I am successful now!". I wish the secret to success is that simple.

Don't read this book if you are looking for self improvement beyond common sense knowledge.
on January 27, 2014
I bought this book a year and a half ago when I was in the midst of a career change. It helped me immensely then, and continues to deliver great advice, motivation and encouragement.

Great to have on your shelf when you're just starting out or want to take your career to a new level.
on January 9, 2014
This is a good "put on your big girl panties!" kind of book. There was a lot of good advice and I did learn new ideas. I'm on the job hunt right now so I plan on implementing a lot of what I learned ;-)
on October 14, 2013
It took a really long time to get the item ordered. The item was in excellent condition and for that I am happy. Not sure why it took so long but overall it was okay. Thank you.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
Great book! The author held my interest from beginning to end. The title captured my attention and it really lived up to its name.
on September 3, 2013
Love this book...very easy to read and contains very valuable information! I think it's especially great for women who are new to the working world, it's sets the precedent for how you should act and dress in the workplace. Incredibly motivating. Highly recommend!
on August 31, 2013
nothing extraordinary, really basic "women`s magazine advice", it looks like a compilation of many empty articles into a book. if you have just a bit of brains, stay away from this book....