Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 136 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 177 reviews
on February 18, 2010
The heart of our economy is selling. And, for decades, sales experts have written wonderful books detailing ways to improve the sales process. Having spent much of the early years of my career on the front lines of selling professional services (high-end consulting) and having taught professionals selling for the last 20 years, I have long been a voracious reader of the latest books on how to improve the selling process. At long last, someone has written the perfect companion to all those wonderful process books - this a beautiful gem on a winning sales philosophy. The perfect companion for all those wonderful process books.

I loved this book! It jumped off the bookshelf and into my arms on Sunday while passing through the Orlando airport. On the ensuing plane ride, I read with delight a book which captures the essence of the philosophy that I have personally seen as the differentiator among professionals selling high-end services (i.e., lawyers, accountants, consultants, and investment bankers). The five "laws" are brilliant, the explanations of the laws are very clear, and the short stories crisply support the point being made.

I thought the Go-Giver, the prequel to this book, was a delightful book. This book takes the concept espoused in that gem and transforms the concept into a comprehensive and implementable sales philosophy. This is the starting point for being successful at selling. Compliment it with your favorite sales process (eg "Consultative Selling," "High Trust Selling," "Integrity Selling," etc.) and you will have the winning combination for times that require every sales person to be at their very best.

If I have one concern about the book, it is that the book will get thought of as being just for "sales people." I share the belief that authors Bob Burg and John David Mann point out that almost all of us are involved with sales, in some dimension of our life. From the President of the United States, to non-profit CEOs, to professionals, to solo-entrepeneurs, we all need to be sell effectively and honorably. This book lays out the guidemap for building the foundation for doing so. Best of all, it does so with five laws that any of us can master.

The best indicator of the depth of my feelings about any book is when I start gifting a book in significant numbers. Not only have I started doing that with this book, but I already have one CEO who has told me that he appreciated my gift, loved the book and is buying copies for his entire sales force and his senior management team. And another CEO is giving copies to each of the lawyers in his firm. Their actions have me convinced this book is going to the top of the charts, and deservedly so.

This my 100th review here on Amazon, where I write reviews only on the best of the best of the many dozens of books that I read each year. Because I only write on the best of the best, my ratings here are generally a 4 or 5 star. This book not only deserves a 5 rating, but also goes down as one of the most important of the 100 top books I have reviewed here. It really is that good! And, that important for a world that needs principled approaches to all the important things in life!!
33 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2014
This is a great way to listen and be inspired on the way to work. I pop the CD in when I get in the car and kept listening over and over until I grasped the idea. Lots of great motivation and ideas for anyone. Be a giver! Anyone can learn from it. Read the book The Go Giver and then purchase these CDs Go Givers Sell More. I feel more "human", like I'm making a friend when approaching a customer because of listening to the CDs. You may want to read the book, but for me, I got a lot out of being able to listen over and over again on the way to work. What ever you decide, Go Giver will change your life and that of others.
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2012
There really isn't anything more I can say about this book that all of the other 5 star reviewers have already stated. However, I did feel the need to share my voice amoungst the other positive reviewers because I truly believe this is a must have book for everyone. Both myself and my husband are in the health care industry and know first hand the importance of valueing each and every patient. We also have two college aged children whom we have also instilled this message. I promote this book as well as the Go-Givers to everyone I meet. I believe that if everyone utilized the basic steps outlined in this book we all would have a more profitable and much more positive existince on this planet. "Give more than you are asked and receive more than you can imagine" is the premise I concluded from this book. It is common sense that we have somehow lost along the way. Let's get it back.
on February 18, 2010
Whether in business or our personal lives, relationships are all about adding value to other peoples' lives. Creating giving relationships is the core of Go Giver's Sell More. Yes, the book guides up to be better sales people. But it's SO MUCH MORE than that. This book guides everyone of us toward a better way to be, as human beings, friends, lovers, partners, associates or strangers who pass on the street.

Go Givers Sell More helps us remember our truth - that giving is the key to all relationships. Giving for the sake of pure joy, for the sake of the giving, without a thought for personal gain - or the popular Win/Win that has us keeping score on our relationships. That universal law is quite simple. We just have a hard time remembering it, much less following it.

Our social training is all about getting ahead, doing for ourselves, giving to receive - keeping track of our family and friends in the balance of giving vs getting. Sure, some of what we're taught in sales (and marketing) is useful. But the core premise is flawed. We're all taught to focus on our product and our goal of selling it. We're taught tactics that take us out of the focus on relationship building for the joy of relationships - and into the 'me, me, me' zone.

Human relationships weave the fabric of all business. Relationships also weave the fabric of life. When we put our relationships and others first, focus on creating value for them and give freely of ourselves - that's when we return to our truth. The pure goal of sales, and life, is to create VALUE for others. That's what Go Givers Sell More teaches us to do.

This little book shares life-returning concepts. Many of us are stuck in society's training. We are like gerbils on a wheel - racing as fast as we can to get ahead by working hard, refining our business skills, doing what everyone else has taught us to do along the way. Focus on Our Goal, Our Lives, creating Our Value.

What if everyone else is wrong? What if success, in life and business, is as easy as giving to others, creating value for them, helping them succeed. Trusting in the knowing that the more you give, the more you have. That's what Go-Givers Sell More shares with us. A better way to live, be and create relationships. When we do that - the rest just happens.

Go Givers Sell More is eye-opening. Applying its lessons is life-changing. I highly recommend it and its sister book - Go Givers. Both will change the way you view life and the pursuit - forever.
on March 4, 2014
This book really is a "must read" for anyone in business. Aren't we all basically "selling" ourselves in one way or another? I happen to sell products: real estate and skin care. However, my husband is a doctor and these principles apply equally to him. Same would be true for my pastor or my accountant. Be a blessing. What sets this book apart from others is the practical examples. He goes beyond telling you what to do (be a blessing) to exactly how that might look (take someone some cookies, return a cart for someone at Walmart, give someone else a referral). I realized, despite my "others oriented" attitude, that I was still expecting something in return. This book helped me see that inconsistency within myself. I am excited to put into practice was I have learned. I bet I've mentioned the name of the book to at least 12 people while I was reading it! I will be gifting copies, no doubt!
on October 27, 2015
This past spring I read the first book in the series, The Go-Givers, and really loved the message that it presented. My husband and I are beginning to do research on a small home business, so I thought that this would be a good book for me to read. I have always said that I would make a horrible sales person and that I never want to get into it, yet if you have your own business you have no choice. This book really helped me to see that you don't have to be the stereotypical slimey car salesman if you want to make a sale. It also helps that the book is not overly long or complex. It is a fast and easy read with lots of content to mull over. This really is a must if you are going to be doing any kind of selling.
on January 16, 2017
Recommended for everybody. This book change my understanding about life and sales. Having read a few books, this is my first time writing review because I can't stand not to. If you want to know the value of this book, READ it. It is worth your investment. I always feel bad when approaching or meeting with prospective clients because I am focusing at me not them. Selling feel like pressure for me and also for them.
on October 2, 2012
Well if you believe in doing business with integrity first! If you believe in doing business by building relationships! If you believe in giving , knowing that you will receive effortlessly! Then this is the book for you. It's a follow up book from "The Go-Giver" and all I can say is WOW! Why can't more businesses think like Bob does? Here's something I think most people might miss in this book, It really teaches you a new way to live your personal life as well as your business life.
If you haven't read "the Go-Giver" get both books and read them in order they are the best! Maybe we can change America with little steps. By the way I'm the author of "Simple No-Cost Marketing Solutions - A Survival Guide for the Small Business Owner" Get "Go-Giver Sells More" it's great Bob Burg & John Mann are excellent teachers.Simple No-Cost Marketing Solutions - A Survival Guide for the Small Business Owner
on April 5, 2017
This is second book I have read in the Go-Giver series. Super amazing makes sales a more engaging process not simply self serving. Happy to have this book as a resource as I build my consulting business in 2017.
on June 29, 2013
There is not going to be a better time to read this book than the times we are in right now. We, in Business, are always searching for "the next great thing that will propel our sales out the window.

Well, GO-GIVERS Sell More, is not that - what it is though will surprise you at how practical and forth right the whole process is. It is how YOU want people to relate to you, and yet it goes beyond even that and shows how to be even kinder and more giving than even what you could think of.

If you are in business or thinking of starting one, Get the 'GO-GIVER' book and this companion 'GO-GIVERS SELL MORE' and you will have the tools you need to give more value to those you influence................