+ $5.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The Ultimate Family Vacation Spot - Kawawii Island has 4 unique resort locales featuring dozens of activities for the whole family
- Great for the Whole Family ? Fun for up to 4 players, cooperatively or competitively, with over 100 ways to play the many activities on the island
- Many Ways to Play - A fully featured game that includes support for the Wii Motion Plus, Wii Zapper Light Gun, and the Wii Balance Board to really get into the action
- It's a Real Vacation - All the fun and relaxation and none of the planning required. Snap photos and send to your friends, explore the island, partake in the resort lifestyle anytime you need a break
- Jam Packed with Fun - More activities than you'll know what to do with. Ride jet skis, race cars, play beach volleyball, hang glide, fish, surf, scuba dive, skate, snowboard, miniature golf, sky dive, horseback riding, play carnival games, and much more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Ultimate Family Vacation Destination!
Go Vacation is a family-friendly Action-Party game in which players visit the amazing Kawawii Island where the ultimate vacation can be had by all. The island is packed with a wide variety of activities ranging from simple carnival games, all the way to vehicle racing and horseback riding to thrill sports like surfing, river rafting and skydiving. Players can also relax and take things more slowly as they explore the island with a pet. Additional features include 4-player multiplayer and support for accessories like the Wii MotionPlus, Wii Zapper accessory, and Wii Balance Board (all sold separately).
Explore A Fun-Filled Island Paradise
Welcome to Kawawii Island, a paradise vacation destination with dozens of exciting activities for the entire family. Check in from the comfort of your own home and explore the island at your own pace, taking in the snow, sun, city, beach, and more, all on one island.
Want to explore the island? Go horseback riding around the mountain, ride jet-skis along the beach, or just take a long car ride on the island. Embark on thrilling adventures like sky diving, surfing, and white water rafting or grab your friends and family for some relaxing miniature golf, horseback riding, or fishing. Go Vacation encourages parents and kids to participate together with simple gameplay that supports up to four players, multiple challenges and hours of fun for the whole family. There's never a dull moment when you Go Vacation.
Key Game Features
- The Ultimate Family Vacation Spot - There are exciting activities for up to four players spread out all across the island. Explore all the locations to experience four seasons of fun activities all on one island
- More Than Just Sports - In addition to Kawawii Island's large selection of recreational and extreme sports, you can build your own villa and bring your pet dog along to play in activities.
- It's a Real Vacation - All the fun and relaxation and none of the planning required - snap photos of the island and partake in the resort lifestyle anytime you need a break
- Many Ways to Play - Activities on Kawawii Island support the Wii MotionPlus, Wii Zapper accessory, and Wii Balance Board for more advanced ways to play (Wii control accessories sold separately)
- Jam-Packed with Fun - More activities than you'll know what to do with - Ride jet skis, race cars, play beach volleyball, hang glide, fish, surf, scuba dive, skate, snowboard, miniature golf, sky dive, horseback riding, play carnival games, and much more
Wide array of activities.
4-player game support.
Replay vacation memories.
More to do than just sports.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'll start off with a few logistics. You only need your Wii remote and nunchuk, the balance board and zapper are optional and don't really affect the game play. You can use your Mii Avatar and even though it says you cannot use your Mii's glasses, it actually does let you. You can also register a dog companion if you choose.
Now this game has a lot of similarities to Wii Sports Resort even going as far as to having some of the same games. In some cases, you'll find the Resort to be better (such as sky diving) and in other cases, Vacation to be better (such as with jet skiing).
When you start playing the game, you will start off at Marine Resort, where you are given the task of completing Stamp Dash where you must play a specific game and getting a stamp for it. You must collect 20, 10 of which must come from the Marine resort. As you keep playing, you will unlock the other resorts (usually every four stamps collected). Once you collect the first ten, you can choose from the unlocked resorts where to go next. After you complete 20 games (you don't have to win or be any good at the game in order to get a stamp), you will get a villa and unlike in Resort, you can actually go inside it, rearrange furniture and interact with it. You can also change your clothes too.
When you go to the other two resorts, you will also have to complete Stamp Dashes, in the case of City Resort, it is 20 and in Mountain resort, its 25 each separately. There are two choices to finding the particular game that you have been tasked with playing. You can look at the map at the bottom of the screen where it shows you (the blue arrow) are at and where the red dot (where you need to go play the activity) is located. You can use devices that each resort allows you to use. For instance, in Mountain Resort, you can use trains, horses, and jeeps to get to where you want to go, unless you want to walk or swim. In City Resort you have a trolley, skates, and skateboard. In Marine Resort you have jet ski, boat, plane and atv. And in Snow Resort you have snowboard, skis, helicopter, and ski lift. In some of these you have to make sure you are in the purple circle to activate it (such as plane, boat, train, helicopter, ski lift, and trolley).
The second method to accessing the game that you are tasked with playing is through the menu. There is a "map" button and you click on that and it will have several regions of that particular resort you are in and if you can get as close as possible to your location by pressing the right region (this is great in cases where you get lost or take the wrong ski lift and end up in the opposite direction than you should be.
You also get the choice of day or night gameplay. The background to the game is very realistic especially in Snow and City resorts. There are all sorts of people running about that will run into you, and in the case of Snow Resort even cause you to fall down. The background music sounds like something you'd hear in a real resort (even though half of it is in Japanese with exception to the announcements being made in Snow Resort). The music will get louder the closer to the source you get, and less loud the further away.
The particular stamps you must collect are by no means the only games available to you. There will be many people walking around with little signs above their head which indicates they have an activity for you to play. So you can click on those too regardless if there is a stamp available for it.
What makes this game so great compared to Sports Resort (which is good in its own right) is not just the variety of games, but the fact that its an open world so you can drive around or run around or use whatever method you want and basically be free to just roam.
Namco really did a good job with this game, so I give it five stars. Like I said before, if you love games like Sports Resort, you'll definitely love this game (especially once you get past the stamp collecting).
Doing justice to the game would take an extremely long winded review, and I don't want to scare anyone away from it, as again my 7 year old daughter was able to instantly enjoy it. What has absolutely amazed me and made me love the game is that we have been able to play it for an hour or so a few times a week for MONTHS without tiring of it and while still finding new hidden features, conquering levels of the mini-games, and filling the villa site. The scuba diving mini-game alone is a treasure, guiding the player through level after level of play in differing dive locations, finding exotic fish among shipwrecks, caverns, and underwater ruins. As for the diversity of the mini-games, how many other games see you ski-jumping one moment, doing roller-coaster length skateboard grinds the next, and even giving glass harp concerts?!
Can't praise the game enough as without question it has been the most fun game I've played with my daughter and has allowed us to enjoy lots of fun playtime together!