Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro Smart Remote" and save 28% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
GoPro Smart Remote
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Complete Camera Control: Delivers full remote control of all camera functions, including shutter, on/off and settings. Settings/Tag Button: Quickly adjust settings and tag video highlights to quickly find later for playback, sharing and editing (HERO4 Cameras ONLY).
- Long-Range Remote Control: Control your camera from distances of up to 600' (180m) in optimal conditions. Control Mulitple Cameras: Enables control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras at a time - perfect for mulitcam setups.
- 40% Increased Battery Capacity: Features 40% increased battery capacity compared to the WiFi Remote
- LCD Screen Mirrors Your Camera's: A built-in LCD screen mirrors your camera's status screen for quick confirmation of camera functions and settings.
- Wearable and Mountable: The remote can be worn or mounted to your gear for quick , easy access. Includes a Key Ring and Wrist Strap: Attach the remote to your keys, zippers or other gear with the included key ring, or wear it like a watch with the included wrist strap.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||7.09 x 4.17 x 1.97 inches|
|Item Display Weight||156 grams|
|Item Weight||0.34 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.49 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
GoPro Smart Remote
Control your GoPro camera remotely from distances of up to 600 feet (180 meter) with this wearable, waterproof remote. Perfect for gear-mounted shots, you can power the camera on/off, adjust settings, start/stop recording and capture photos. When used with HERO4 and Session cameras, you can also access the Settings/Tag button to quickly change settings, or use HiLight Tag to mark key moments while recording for easy playback, editing and sharing. Smart Remote enables control of up to 50 cameras at a time and features 40% increased battery capacity compared to the Wi-Fi Remote. Mountable and waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter). Includes a key ring and wrist strap for wearing the remote or attaching it to your gear.
- HERO4 Black.
- HERO4 Silver.
- HERO Session.
- HERO3+ (Settings/Tag button not compatible).
- HERO3 (Settings/Tag button not compatible).
- Smart Remote
- Attachment Key + Ring
- Wrist Strap
- USB Charging Cable
Delivers full remote control of all camera functions, including shutter, on/off and settings.
Includes a key ring and wrist strap for wearing the remote or attaching it to gear.
Rugged design is wearable, mountable and waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter). Up to 600 feet (180 meter) range in optimal conditions.
Settings/Tag button allows you to quickly adjust settings or mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag (HERO4 and Session cameras only).
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Video (Up To)||4K30||2.7K30||1440p30|
|Photo/Burst (Up To)||12MP/30fps||12MP/30fps||8MP/10fps|
|Waterproof||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 33' (10m)|
|Auto Low Light||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-In Touch Display||✓|
|Protune (Photo + Video)||✓||✓||Video Only|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 5:40 Mins|
|Length: 1:38 Mins|
By using these parts, either by themselves, or in tandem with the mounts you already own, you can achieve particular angles and placement of your Hero that might otherwise be difficult if not impossible.
I'm still waiting for some company to manufacture a line of really high quality aluminum or titanium mounts, but until then, this bag of mounts will help you out in many situations. The price is fair too.
First of all, the strap is very comfortable. If I wear it above a hat I barely notice it's there. The strap is adjustable so you can get a tight fit and not have to worry about it falling off during filming. I had no problem wearing this during my half marathon, other than the fact I looked like a total nerd...
Second, the shaking on the film is not bad. The whole point of getting a GoPro is to see from the actor's perspective. So if I'm running, I expect to see movement. I debated about getting this or the chest strap for running and decided that a headstrap would avoid the back & forth sway (yaw axis) you would get with a chest strap (not to mention your arms getting in the way). I'm very happy with my choice. Checkout the video for the NYC Half: http://youtu.be/IzUJap3Wcqw
Third, the quick clip. I don't use it. If I had to buy this again I would just get the cheaper version without the quick clip.
Normally the camera is screwed onto a hard plastic plate on the strap. The quick clip clips camera onto the plate, rather than being screwed onto it. I understand the point of the quick clip is to be able to get the GoPro off of your head without taking the whole strap off. I have not used this device because it doesn't look very secure. I would rather take the band off my head since it only takes a second to get it back on. The clip really freaks me out. I'm curious to see if anyone else has had good experience with this thing.Read more ›
When you buy accessories for a specialty item, you tend to pay more as well.
So, no strikes on the price. I knew what I was getting and the cost is fair.
The Key benefits
1. You CAN see what you are aiming it. Get the right shot, the first time.
2. It allows full text viewing of all your menu items instead of the cryptic lettering on the front
3. You can set the auto-off. It will go off after XX seconds and not use battery after.
4. You get a a bunch of housings, that if bought separately would be nearly the cost of the LCD.
Used it on a snowmobile ride recently where branches and other assorted issues cause the top helmet mount to be out of wack. Super easy to turn on the LCD, repoint the camera, and turn it off again. Worth its weight in gold for on-the-fly adjustments without having to pull the card or rig up some external viewer. Worth every cent if you do sports that leave the camera exposed or with the potential to not get the right framing.
1. Can be hard to see in overly bright days.
No strikes due to this for me. I can still see it well enough, it does it's job.
One tip: Practice with the strap on your head before using it the first time. The camera needs to be pointed down at a greater angle than you would initially suspect. Its not a flaw of the product, just my perception. After one adjustment I was able to easily simulate a first-person view instead of having 80% sky in every picture. Total adjustment and testing time was less than 5 minutes but required a computer or TV to verify recordings - so do this at home before starting your activity.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this new fancy design looks more harder than old version.. love it !!!Published 14 hours ago by Ivan Morales
This is really the only way to get those hand screws tight enough for motorsports.Published 15 hours ago by N. Richardson
Great handle for my GoPro. It's also makes a great $20 dog toy. I got a few uses in a lake setting before the foam was chewed off.Published 15 hours ago by Lil Ray
It's just works! Awesome GoPro key tightener. Good bottle opener. Overall, light and efficient product.Published 1 day ago by John
Arrived on-time as expected. Could be a little taller to see over dogs head but it a hoot!Published 1 day ago by ColoradoAmazonCust