GoPro Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter (HERO6 Black/HERO5 Black/HERO5 Session) (GoPro Official Accessory)
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enables high-quality audio capture when using a pro-level external mic
- USB-C power and data extension with 90 Degree connector
- Connects a wide range of external 3.5mm mics
- Enables stereo mic and line input for external audio sources like an audio recorder or mixer
- 106dB stereo analog-to-digital converter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
GoPro Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter (HERO5 Black/HERO5 Session)
Capture high-quality audio when you connect an external professional-level microphone to your HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter. Whether you want crystal-clear studio sound for music or clearer voice audio in action environments, you can quickly and easily connect a wide range of 3.5mm microphones.
3.5mm mic or line-in connector works with powered or non-powered mics.
- Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter (HERO5 Black/HERO5 Session).
Features + Benefits
Can be used as a USB-C extension for data and power on HERO5 Black and HERO5 Session. The 90° connector provides added flexibility and streamlined connections.
Connect any external mic with a 3.5mm jack.
Connect to any line-level output, like a mixer or recorder, to expand your capture capabilities.
Simultaneously capture high-quality external audio and power your HERO5 for extended recording sessions.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Photo (Up To)||12MP / 30 FPS Fps Burst / Time Lapse||10MP / 30FPS Fps Burst / Time Lapse||8MP / 10FPS Fps Burst / Time Lapse|
|Video (Up To)||4K30 / 1440p80 / 1080p120||4K30 / 1440p60 / 1080p90||1440p30 / 1080p60|
|Waterproof 33 Feet (10M)||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple 1-Button Control||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced Wind Noise Reduction||✓||✓|
|Auto Upload To Cloud||✓||✓|
Capture high-quality audio when you connect a professional-level external microphone to your HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
turns it into digital sound. Best part: if you power this adapter thru a storage battery, then plug the battery in
to any USB source, computer, 110 wall outlet, or 12 volt DC lighter socket it looks like I have unlimited run time.
Still testing this out, left the camera on and it gained charge the way described above.
Revisited this review to share what this 50 buck adapter can do. Running thru a cheap storage battery, then the type c
usb cable into the dongle, the camera has been running on the internal 1220aMh 4.7 watt battery for 4 hours
and some minutes. Still showing 43% charge too! It looks like I can get better then 5 hours of video.
To do this had to turn off all non essential features. Wireless, GPS and red lights were turned off to
get this kind of performance. Shot at 1080, 30 frames a second, linear (not zoomed) with the Hero 6 Black.
This outstanding for my usage, so the 50 buck hit is not all all that bad. Hope this helps understanding
what can be done with a little ingenuity.
I have nothing but good things to say about it, but i would not recommend it either for videos with a lot of movement since it has a 1/8" input or for anything near water (you have to open or remove the charging cover to use the adapter)
If you can find the smaller version without the USB-C charging extension port, it would be a much better option for a wireless lav mic or whatever floats your boat. Just don't float it in your boat. The inside is not water resistant.
Unfortunately this is the only device that will allow a mic to be used with the gopro 5 or 6. Earlier models had aftermarket adapters but Gopro has made it where only theirs works now.
If this review was helpful please hit yes below!
Moto Z Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Audio Adapter, 2 Pack USB-C to 3.5mm for $7.99 on Amazon. Works great!!
1. This allows you to add an off-camera mic which greatly improves the sound quality in your videos.
2. The adapter and cable (pigtail) are strong and very durable.
3. Allows you to charge the camera while using an off-camera-mic
1. It's actually bigger than the Hero 5 Session - seems ridiculous to add this much bulk just to plug in a mic.
2. The USB-C cable is EXTRA thick and does not easily bend. It's too short to attach to the tripod, and too thick to bend around and velcro to the back or bottom of the Hero Session. It can only dangle off the side and honestly looks pretty stupid.
3. The GoPro is designed to be water proof which directly impacts the sound quality. An off-camera mic solution really should have been built part of that design. The fact they missed this in the Hero 5 and still did not address it in the Hero 6 is absurd.
4. When using an off camera mic, the GoPro is no longer waterproof.
GoPro was designed for sports and other intense environmental use. Sacrificing sound quality was necessary to keep the camera small and waterproof. The built-in mic is really UNusable for anything you would post online. While this adapter greatly improves sound quality, it does so at the cost of loosing what the camera was was designed to do.
1. If your record extreme video - adding this adapter will make your camera less adaptable to the elements and less versatile.
2. If you do NOT record extreme video and want to start a vlog with better sound... sell your GoPro and buy a camera that does not need a $50 adapter.