Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro HERO" and save 30% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stunning Video Quality: Record gorgeous 1080p30 and 720p60 video;Diverse Photo Capture: Capture 5Mp single, Time Lapse and Burst photos up to 5 fps. Built-in Microphone: Record audio with the built-in microphone
- Durable + Waterproof to 31-Feet (10m): Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions
- Compatible with all GoPro Mounts: 60+ mounts and accessories. GoPro Software: View and share your content
- External Memory: Supports microSD cards up to 32GB (class 10 or UHS-1 required) Sold Separately
- Video Quality: Record 1080p30 and 720p60 video, Diverse Photo Capture: Capture 5Mp single, Time Lapse and Burst photos up to 5 fps. Built-in Microphone: Record audio with the built-in microphone
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
GoPro video quality.
HERO captures the same immersive footage that’s made GoPro one of the best-selling cameras in the world. With gorgeous 1080p30 and 720p60 video, and user-friendly modes like QuikCapture, SuperView and Auto Low Light, it’s easier than ever to get the shot and achieve professional-quality results every time.
The perfect entry-level GoPro.
HERO makes it easy to capture and share your world. Featuring high-quality 1080p30 and 720p60 video, HERO captures the same immersive footage that's made GoPro one of the best-selling cameras in the world. User-friendly modes include QuikCapture, which lets you power on the camera and start recording with the press of a single button, and Burst Photo, which captures fast-action sequences at up to 5 frames per second. Wearable, gear-mountable and integrated into a rugged housing that's waterproof to 131 feet (40 meter), HERO helps you capture photos and videos that make you look like just that: a HERO.
Rugged, waterproof, all-in-one design.
The HERO camera is built directly into a rugged housing that's waterproof to 131 feet (40 meter). It's designed to withstand dirt, sand, water and nearly anything else you can throw at it. So whether you're getting after surf, snow or singletrack—or just splashing in the pool with your friends—you can take it with you without a worry.
Diverse photo capture.
A variety of photo capture options gives you the power to document your passions any way you want. Shoot 5MP still photos to share with friends on Facebook, Instagram and more. Time Lapse mode automatically captures a photo every half-second. It's great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach, or capturing a series of photos so you can pick the best ones. Burst mode shoots up to 5 photos in one second—perfect for fast-action sequences.
Small + lightweight.
Weighing just 3.9 ounces, HERO is super small, ultra portable and perfect for low-profile mounting. Its compact design means you can comfortably wear it or mount it to your gear as you capture your favorite activities, or slip it in your pocket or bag to take anywhere.
Be ready to capture the moment at a moment's notice with new QuikCapture mode. It turns your GoPro into a one-button camera, allowing you to power on and start recording automatically with the press of a single button. Press once to record video, press and hold for two seconds to capture Time Lapse photos. Never worry again about missing an epic shot.
World's most immersive video.
HERO features SuperView, a GoPro-exclusive video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle perspective. It allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot—resulting in captivating, ultra engaging footage of every adventure.
Ultra wide-angle glass lens.
HERO's ultra wide-angle glass lens enables the extra immersive perspective GoPro is famous for. It's great close-range selfies and gear-mounted shots—delivering a unique perspective and engaging footage of you and your world.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Video (up to)||4K30||2.7K30||1440p30|
|Photo/Burst (up to)||12MP/30fps||12MP/30fps||8MP/10fps|
|Waterproof||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 33' (10m)|
|Auto Low Light||✓||✓||✓|
|Wifi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-In Touch Display||✓|
|Protune (photo + video)||✓||✓||Video Only|
|Item Dimensions||9.72 x 4.09 x 4.02 inches|
|Item Weight||0.24 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||1 Volt|
|Shipping Weight||0.95 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p30 / 720p60 fps|
High Definition Camera, 1080-30 Video, 5MP Photo, Ultra Wide Angle Lens, Integrated Waterproof Housing, Mono Mic. Kindly refer page 45 of the attach PDF that list the detail of FAQs and for more assistance, customers can contact the support team via https://gopro.com/contact-us
From the Manufacturer
HERO makes it easy to capture and share your wold. Featuring high-quality 1080p30 and 720p60 video and 5MP photos up to 5 fps, HERO captures the same immersive footage that's made GoPro one of the best-selling cameras in the world. Wearable, gear-mountable and integrated into a rugged, waterproof housing, HERO helps you capture photos and videos that make you look just like that: a HERO. Kindly refer page 45 of the attach PDF that list the detail of FAQs and for more assistance, customers can contact the support team via https://gopro.com/contact-usSee all Product description
Top customer reviews
1. This little camera is so easy to pack, carry, and use -- one can quickly get some nice wide-angle video and pictures, at those times when you suddenly see something you want to shoot.
2. The wide angle lens makes it easy to point and shoot, as wherever you point you will be covering most of the view -- and some of your shots will be stunning.
3. Being able to take this camera in the ocean/water makes for some great swimming and snorkeling shots.
4. The microphone works quite well also, picking up a fair bit of detail, as long as there is not too much extra noise around you.
1. This camera works very poorly for low light conditions -- my night footage is not useable.
2. This camera works very poorly for hand held moving shots -- I filmed a lot just by holding onto a mounting accessory -- any slight movement made pictures blurry (and useless) and videos hard to watch due to all the shaking. I will use it more in a mounted capacity in the future.
3. No LCD viewer -- of course it would be easier with an LCD screen on the back showing what you are taking, even a very rudimentary one -- but the wide angle lens makes it pretty easy to guess.
4. My new product did arrive with a couple of manufacturing imperfections (see pictures), which you'd never expect for a company of this size. Of course they have no bearing on the camera's functionality (and don't contribute to my rating), but do speak about the company's supply chain and/or QA.
Pictures: a) beneath the clear case the grey plastic has a dimple in it
b) some plastic has been crudely shaved off the waterproof backdoor
My main disappointment is really my own fault, but at the same time I didn't think I'd have to research the following:
This GoPro uses a mini-USB connection unlike the + model that uses a micro-USB, so yay for having to keep different types of cables around.
And this camera is incapable of using a memory card with a capacity greater than 32GB.
I should have spent the extra $40 and got the HERO+, but since it still takes great video and I already don't like it for the reasons above paired with the fact that it's going to be mounted to the back of my truck and eventually get destroyed anyway, maybe it all worked out for the best.
be helpful if you decide to use this as a dash cam.
- There isn't an auto on feature or motion detector so in my opinion the only down side is you need to be OK with turning the camera on and off each time you drive. No biggie I got used to it within a day or two.
- There is however an internal battery that I'm finding gives me 2.5 - 3 hours of use (couldn't find any dash cams with this feature)
- You can buy a USB to mini USB long cable and car adapter and continuously power it
- Don't pay a lot of money buying a GoPro branded windshield mount. You can find several aftermarket ones like I did for $10 or less
- If you hang it from the windshield it will be upside down but you can change the video recording orientation so videos appear normal (this is a one time setting change)
- You'll want to install the skeleton back cover which is included (not waterproof and exposes the USB port) which is fine for use where you won't be coming in contact with water. I found that also removing the O-ring from skeleton cover allows more sound into the microphone so you can hear music, conversations, engine roar etc... without it all are muffled, which might be desirable for those only wanting to really capture video or don't mind the sound being low volume
- You'll also want to disable the indicator light on the front of the camera (again a one time setting change) that flashes when the camera is recording as it will likely reflect off the windshield especially at night. There is a rear indicator light that basically let's you know it's recording which I haven't observed it interfering with the video
- Lining it up can be a bit of a challenge as there isn't a rear LCD display (to show you what's being recorded) but I actually like this. Most other dash cams do have a rear LCD display but I found that distracting while driving. I found the best way to line this up is to keep it mounted high and pitched up slightly, else you'll have some dashboard and upper part of your hood in the video. What I did was put it in picture mode and snap a series of pictures taking note which position my adjustable mount was in for each. I came inside, uploaded the pics to my computer and found the one that worked best and set my mount adjustments permanently to that position.
- Simply plugging the camera into my MAC causes iphoto to open and upload all pictures. Works wonderfully, no specific software needed to import like you do with other cameras.
- I also bought a 2nd 32GB micro SD card and I'm finding it's easier to swap cards when I want to upload pics instead of dismounting the camera. Not that the latter is difficult, just my preference. By the way, 32GB is the largest card this will take but can record about 4-5 hours of video.
- Records very well at day and at night. I've even been on some country roads with no street lights and just my head lights alone were enough to basically capture video that appears to be what I'm seeing when driving.
-The camera also comes with two mounts that do allow you to mount it right side up. They are adhesive mounts that aren't going to work well on a car dash and my car is leased so didn't want to take a chance there but if you search Amazon for GoPro accessories you'll find many and I'm sure there are alternate ways of mounting the camera as well.
I hope this was helpful. Again I can't emphasize enough what a good, durable and reliable camera this is and if you can live with manually turning it on and off I personally think it's superior to any other purpose built dash cam (at least consumer grade) on the market in the same price range.