|Item Weight||4.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.4 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Item model number||CHDHS-502|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
|Item Display Height||11 centimeters|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
GoPro HERO5 Session
- Stunning 4K video and 10MP photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes.
- Durable by design, HERO5 Session is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing.
- Additional GoPro HERO5 Session Features + Benefits below on item page.
- A single press of the Shutter button powers the camera on and starts recording automatically.
- Refer user manual and installation manual below for software update instructions.
- This model does not feature an LCD screen for real-time video viewing
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
GoPro HERO5 Session
The Best, Only Smaller.
Capture different with HERO5 Session. With its stunning 4K video, one-button simplicity and voice control, HERO5 Session may be the ultimate combination of performance and small size. Liquid-smooth image stabilization, waterproof design and go-anywhere durability help capture life as you live it. And when it’s time to edit and share, HERO5 Session can automatically upload footage to your GoPro Plus cloud account, providing easy access on your phone. Then you can use Quik, the GoPro editing app, to automatically create videos that wow. HERO5 Session—your life, from a new perspective.
The Versatile GoPro Family
Works with 30+ GoPro Official mounts and accessories.
- HERO5 Session Camera
- Standard Frame
- Curved Adhesive Mount
- Flat Adhesive Mount
- Mounting Buckle
- USB-C Cable
Features + Benefits
Enjoy hands-free control of your GoPro using simple voice commands.
'GoPro, start recording'.
Sleek and compact, HERO5 Session captures amazing new perspectives.
4K Video + 10MP Photo
Stunning 4K video, 10MP photos in Single, Burst, and Time Lapse modes.
Advanced Video Stabilization
HERO5 Session can capture stunningly smooth video handheld, mounted to your favorite gear, and more.
Features + Benefits
Simple One-Button Control
A single press of the shutter button powers the camera on and starts recording automatically.
Rugged + Waterproof
Durable by design, HERO5 Session is waterproof to 33 feet (10m) without a housing.
Wear it. Mount it. Love it.
Capture life in a whole new way with 30+ GoPro mounts and accessories, including Karma, 3-Way, Remo and more.
Access + Share From Anywhere
With a GoPro Plus subscription, HERO5 Session can automatically upload photos and videos directly to the cloud for easy viewing, editing and sharing on the go.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Photo (Up To)||12MP / 30 FPS Burst / Time Lapse||10MP / 30FPS Burst / Time Lapse||8MP / 10FPS Burst / Time Lapse|
|Video (Up To)||4K30 / 1440p80 / 1080p120||4K30 / 1440p60 / 1080p90||1440p30 / 1080p60|
|Waterproof 33 feet (10M)||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple 1-Button Control||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced Wind Noise Reduction||✓||✓|
|Auto Upload To Cloud||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
GoPro HERO5 Black
GoPro HERO Session
GoPro HERO5 Session w/ Head Strap, Carrying Case and Memory Card
GoPro HERO6 Black
GoPro HERO5 Session Action Camera Bundle with Bonus Head Strap and QuickClip, Floating Hand Grip, 16GB MicroSD Card
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Kaleidoscope Electronics|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 1.43 x 1.5 in||2.44 x 1.75 x 1.26 in||1.49 x 1.49 x 1.43 in||—||2.44 x 1.75 x 1.26 in||9 x 7 x 3 in|
|Item Weight||4.48 ounces||4.16 ounces||2.56 ounces||—||4.16 ounces||1 lb|
The stunning 4K video and one-button design of HERO5 Session may be the ultimate combination of performance and simplicity. Loaded with pro-quality capture features, it’s also a connected GoPro that makes it easy to access, edit and share on any device. Capture your life as you’ve never seen it with HERO5 Session.
HERO5 Session Camera
Curved Adhesive Mount
Flat Adhesive Mount
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Waterproof Case
The camera itself is waterproof up to 30ft of water, which means there is no external case needed to take it under water safely. This is the first generation of GoPros that has that waterproof casing already built in and it worked great.
2. 4K Resolution
The second capability is the 4k resolution allows you to take some of the clearest videos and pictures imaginable. This also is the first generation of GoPros that captures 4K videos and pictures. You are not only limited to 4K, you can easily change the setting down to different resolutions if needed.
3. Bluetooth Capabilities
Furthermore, this GoPro connects to your phone and allows you to live stream the video being captured and you can also transport pictures and videos wirelessly to your phone for storage. This helps save space on the SD card and is an easy way to transport the media captured.
4. Easy to Operate
The fourth capability is how easy it is to operate the GoPro. There are only two buttons on the GoPro that you use to change settings and start recording. The menus are also set up in a logical and simple order that allows even the amateur users to become experts quickly. This is also the smaller version of the big GoPro but has all the same capabilities so it saves space and is more compact.
I would recommend two things upon purchase of this item, one is the SD card and another is about the many attachments for the GoPro. Unless the SD comes in a certain bundle, you need to buy the SD card separately which can be inconvenient. It is important that you buy an SD MINI. A NORMAL SD CARD WILL NOT FIT. SD MINI is the only card that will fit for this GoPro. Finally, it is cheaper to buy the attachments separately on Amazon because it saves money and you can get many attachments which is one of the great things about this product.
Overall I recommend this product because of the waterproof case, 4K resolution, Bluetooth capabilities and how easy it is to operate. Hope you enjoyed this review and it proved helpful.
- Video Quality (Amazing!... and a significant improvement over the Hero Session)
- Electronic Image Stabilization (excellent at removing the small jitters you usually get holding action-cams)
- Good Audio (a slight improvement over the good Hero Session audio)
- Dead-Simple (simple single-button operation, and intuitive second-button operations for changing basic settings without the app)
- Lots of fine-tuning options (in-app)
- Wicked-Small (I keep mine floating around in my pocket on adventures)
- Waterproof (down to ~33', diving housing required for deeper)
- Rugged (with a screw-on lens cover that can be replaced in the event that you exceed the limits of it's ruggedness)
- Faster "record" delay (only ~2.5 second delay between "OFF" and "Recording" when using One-Button filming, which is nearly 2X as fast as the Hero Session)
- Linear FOV Option (This new FOV option does a great job of removing the fisheye that is required for wide FOV shots. Very similar to Medium FOV, but without any noticeable distortion)
- Updates (GoPro provides great firmware updates for all of their cameras. This little guy got an update almost immediately after launch, so be sure to check the official site for instructions on how to update your cameras firmware)
- New Capture App (I found it to be a significant improvement over the last version. Much easier for me to connect to, and it remembered my cam each time I opened the app)
- Voice Control (I was pleasantly surprised to find that it works reliably, and I can see a lot of use-cases for what, at first, seems like a gimmicky feature)
- Audio Volume: I still need to bump-up the volume of the audio in my editing software.
- "Okay" Low Light Performance: If you fine-tune the settings in-app, you can get some decent low-light performance out of it, but it may take you a while to figure that out. A significant improvement in low-light vs the Hero Session, but nothing to be bragging about.
I use this camera to film some of my casual adventures.
I had started off filming with an awesome camcorder, and took a hit to my video quality when I decided to switch to the Hero Session. I thought the convenience of the Hero Session made up for the hit to video quality. But now w/ the Hero5 Session I get the best of both worlds: Extreme convenience with great video quality.
My Favorite Camera Settings:
- 1080 Resolution *all of my content ultimately lives on YouTube, and I feel like 1080p at a decent bit-rate is plenty of quality for me.
- Linear FOV
- 30 FPS
- EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) ON
- ProTune ON (advanced in-app setting) *Turning this on really bumps the bit-rate (quality) of your video, obviously at the expense of larger file sizes.
- Flat Color Profile (app) *GoPro Color Profile if I don't feel like adjusting in post.
- 400 ISO (app) *because I prefer as little noise as possible, and am happy to have darker low-light performance instead of noisy low-light performance.
- No LED *much less intimidating for subjects this way.
- No BEEPS *much stealthier this way.
My Favorite Post-Processing Edits:
- Increase Audio to 200% (double)
- If filming in Flat Color Profile:
slight increase: Contrast and Saturation
slightly decrease: Gamma and Brightness
My Favorite Accessory:
a mini clamshell hard-case to transport the cam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015CQR2WK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but when I reach a destination, the cam spends the rest of its time naked and in my pocket.
Hope that helps.
Most recent customer reviews
It takes a little learning to figure out the menus without a screen, but eventually you can get the hang of it.Read more