3 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
GoPro Hero4 Black
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$250.04 (50%)|
|Video Capture Resolution||4K|
|Connections||Wi-Fi + Bluetooth|
|Display Size||0.5 Inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Professional 4k30, 2.7k60 and 1080P120 video, 720P240 video for super slow motion playback and 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second
- Built in wi fi and bluetooth support the GoPro app, smart remote and more
- Improved camera control and built in video trimming lets you create and save short video clips right on your camera
- Protune with superview delivers cinema quality capture and advanced manual control for photos and video with the world’s most immersive wide angle field of view
- Night photo and night lapse offer customizable exposure settings for nighttime shooting
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Capture. Create. Share.
Expand your GoPro experience with the free GoPro App and GoPro Studio software. The GoPro App allows you to control your camera remotely using your phone or tablet, view and share your content and watch 'best of' videos on the GoPro Channel. Use GoPro Studio to import and view your GoPro media, and create your own engaging GoPro-style videos to share with the world.
Most Advanced GoPro ever.
HERO4 Black takes Emmy Award-winning GoPro performance to the next level with our best image quality yet, plus a 2x more powerful processor that delivers super slow motion at 240 frames per second. Incredible high-resolution 4K30 and 2.7K60 video combines with 1080p120 and 720p240 slow motion to enable stunning, immersive footage of you and your world. Protun settings for both photos and video unlock manual control of Color, ISO Limit, Exposure and more. Waterproof to 131 feet (40 meter) with 12MP photos at 30 frames per second and improved audio, HERO4 Black is the ultimate life-capture solution for those who demand the best.
2x the Performance.
With a 2x more powerful processor, 2x faster video frame rates and even better image quality than its best-selling predecessor, HERO4 Black delivers footage that’s sharper, richer and more detailed.1 Combined with powerful new features and technologies—and improvements to audio, usability, wireless connectivity and more—HERO4 Black is the most advanced, highest-performing GoPro ever.
4K30. 4x the Resolution of 1080p.
4K30, 2.7K60, 1080p120, 720p240—HERO4 Black is the first camera of its kind to feature ultra high-resolution, high frame rate video as powerful as this. Once the exclusive domain of large, costly cameras, HERO4 Black delivers truly professional video quality in a tiny package. Stunning clarity. Liquid-smooth slow-motion playback. Cinema-quality capture. HERO4 Black brings it all.
Fast, Powerful Photo Capture.
With 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, HERO4 Black helps you capture the moments you don’t want to miss. Capture single photos, or choose Time Lapse mode to shoot photos automatically at set time intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds—great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach. Night Photo and Night Lapse offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for breathtaking images of the night sky and more.
Control, View And Share With Built-In Wi-Fi + Bluetooth.
HERO4 Black features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect to the GoPro App, Smart Remote and more. The GoPro App transforms your phone or tablet into a live video remote for your camera, offering full control of all functions and settings, easy shot preview and playback, plus sharing via text, email, Facebook and more. The Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 600 feet (180 meter).
Protune for Photo + Video.
Protune unlocks the camera's full potential, delivering minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions, and advanced manual controls for photos and video. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for Color, ISO Limit, White Balance, Sharpness and Exposure—and enjoy the greatest degree of manual control available in a GoPro camera.
Be ready to capture the moment at a moment’s notice with new QuikCapture mode. It turns your GoPro into a one-button camera, allowing you to power on and start recording automatically with the press of a single button. Press once to record video, press and hold for two seconds to capture Time Lapse photos. Never worry again about missing an epic shot.
New Settings For After Dark.
Capture the night sky in a whole new way. New Night Photo and Night Lapse modes offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse photos. Whether you’re shooting the Milky Way or a campfire hangout, Night Photo and Night Lapse allow you to you capture ultra low-light scenes like never before.
Auto Low Light Mode.
Let the camera do the thinking for you. Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
Compare with similar items
GoPro HERO4 Black Edition Camera (Renewed)
Neewer 50-In-1 Action Camera Accessory Kit Compatible with GoPro Hero 9 8 Max 7 6 5 4 Black GoPro 2018 Session Fusion Silver White Insta360 DJI AKASO APEMAN Campark SJCAM Action Camera
GoPro HERO7 Black - E-Commerce Packaging - Waterproof Digital Action Camera with Touch Screen 4K HD Video 12MP Photos Live Streaming Stabilization
GoPro HERO6 Black 4K Action Camera (Renewed)
|Sold By||6ave||Chubbiestech||MoonLakeUSA||TTP Retail||WorldWide-Distributors|
|Item Dimensions||2.80 x 2.79 x 1.53 inches||2.80 x 1.50 x 2.80 inches||14.17 x 9.45 x 3.15 inches||2.40 x 1.30 x 1.80 inches||16.60 x 2.50 x 9.80 inches|
|Item Weight||5.28 ounces||5.28 ounces||2.65 lbs||4.20 ounces||1.44 ounces|
Hero4 Black takes Emmy Award-winning GoPro performance to the next level with our best image quality yet, plus a 2x more powerful processor that delivers super slow motion at 240 frames per second. Incredible high-resolution 4K30 and 2.7K60 video combines with 1080p120 and 720p240 slow motion to enable stunning, immersive footage of you and your world. Protune settings for both photos and video unlock manual control of Color, ISO Limit, Exposure and more. Waterproof to 131’ (40m) with 12MP photos at 30 frames per second and improved audio, Hero4 Black is the ultimate life-capture solution for those who demand the best.
What's in the box?
- Hero4 Black Camera
- Skeleton Backdoor
- Rechargeable Battery
- Curved Adhesive Mount
- Flat Adhesive Mount
- Quick Release Buckles
- 3-Way Pivot Arm
- USB Cable
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Is it worth upgrading from the 3 to the 4? Short answer: mostly likely. Long answer: see below.
2. Which version of the 4 should I get? Short: Are you a pro? Black. Otherwise, the HERO or 4 Silver.
3. What else do I need? Short: a really fast microSD. Long: probably also some extra batteries
On upgrading - I used to own the 3+ Black. While the increased slow motion capabilities interested me, the big selling point is the 4K. In daylight, a GoPro with protune is actually surprisingly comparable to a dSLR (I do aerial cinematography for film sets). The only weak point of the 3rd generation was the softness / lack of sharpness. Now, I can film in 4k, downscale to 1080p, and it's sharper than my Canon 6D! If you have paying clients, or are seriously building your portfolio, you should upgrade. But if you already own a version of the 3, and just film things for fun....save your money for adventures :)
If you do decide to upgrade (or this is your first GoPro), you have three good options BESIDES the Black:
The $130 barebones HERO: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIYNUXO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NIYNUXO&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=6RGQWHRXFRZSLFPY
The $300 HERO3+ Silver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3F0EIU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00F3F0EIU&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=74K5GFVCEONUONTG
The $400 HERO4 Silver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIYJF6U/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NIYJF6U&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=UMGB6UAI466WOP6K
The GoPro website has a huge spreadsheet comparing all their features... but here's how I think about it:
If you're using the GoPro to just capture memories, save your money for the memories and get the HERO.
If you /think/ you're interested in using your GoPro to make more serious footage (but don't have any experience yet), pick the version of the Silver that best suites your budget. Note that the 4 Silver has a touchscreen back to help you frame your shots - that alone is worth the $100 if you can afford it.
And if you're already a heavy GoPro user (or filmmaker in general) with paying customers or past successes, get the Black. If you have a once in a lifetime trip approaching, and you have deep pockets, you might also consider the Black - but, for a lot of people, there are more meaningful things you can do with that extra money :)
Especially if you're filming in 4K protune, you're gonna want the fastest card you can get your hands on. I've been using this SanDisk without issue: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55BS8G/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00M55BS8G&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=UVLMTWAPOPKC6RT3
It also gobbles through batteries. I seem to get about an hour of battery life, and that's only filming about half the time. Thankfully, Wasabi once again has our back with a dual battery set w/charger for just $24: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OAAUZO2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OAAUZO2&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=O67BCZ56CZ4ABYS2
Contacted GoPro.. they made me shoot a Proof-clip to demonstrate the problem. ok fine.
They acknowledged there may be a problem..
Then they needed All my info purchase date, receipt info, shipping address so they could "begin the process" ..ok..
I sent all this info.
Then weeks of silence.
Contacted customer service chat.. OBVIOUSLY a BOT. -- programmed responses.. some answers make Zero sense.. Bot.
Bot tells you it as been handed over to "the specialty team" or some such.. and to wait another week.
..waited.. Still Nothing
got in touch with them Again..
Was AGAIN told to wait.. because they needed to "Review my case".... Really?
bottom line- Do Not buy a Go Pro. product is questionable, and customer service is almost Non Existent.
Follow up- Been 4 months of attempts on my part for resolution. have received ZERO response or resolution from GoPro
DO NOT BUY.
They are like shady used car salesmen.
New update- 9 months- STILL NO Resolution or reply
1. SD card errors - Alright. Your getting a very powerful, very fast camera with the Hero 4 Black, and you need a very powerful, very fast SD card to match. I would NOT recommend buying the GoPro Recommended SD card if your planning on getting the Hero 4 Black. You might have issues with the most extreme filming rates, such as 4K (4K = 4X the resolution of 1080p HD), even though it specifically claims it can handle 4K, my experience differs. Get an SD card that can actually handle 4K and also says it in it's product description. Sandisk makes a very good one (Extreme Pro), and although it's more expensive, I believe it's what is truly needed for 4K, and it's 100% worth it to not have any issues at all, and to get flawless performance out of your Hero 4 Black at all times.
2. Battery Life - Yes, the Hero 4 Black does use battery faster than the previous models, but that is because of the updated features included in it (faster processor, faster frame rates). Go Pro batteries are very cheap (official GoPro batteries - $15, just as good knockoffs - $8-$10), and all you have to do is get an extra few batteries for more extended use. If your problem is you don't want to (or can't because of what your filming) switch out batteries like that, then just get the GoPro Battery BacPac (the new, 15% more capacity one) and you will basically double your battery life. You can even plug certain power banks into your Battery BacPac to keep it constantly running on that. Huge convenience.
3. The camera heating up - This camera is incredibly small, and can handle incredibly fast rates such as 4K and 2.7K, which a lot of bigger cameras can't even do, and this of course will heat up the unit while it's in use. This is true with almost any electronic with a battery (your smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) GoPro has a safety feature that will shut down your camera if it happens to get too hot, so that it can't possibly do any damage to your camera. I don't know what the exact temperature level is that it shuts down at, but it must be real high, because i've gotten mine really hot filming outside in the summer sun and it still performed flawlessly and didn't shut down. My opinion - I wouldn't worry too much about the overheating issue. It's way overblown in some of these reviews in my opinion.
*NOTE* It's a good idea to take the battery out of your camera while it is not in use. There's a bug GoPro hasn't patched yet that can possibly turn your camera on by itself if the wi-fi is left on, but I have only found this happen once. The simple fix - turn off your Wi-Fi before turning off your camera.
Here are some of the prime features of the Hero 4 Black:
-simplified menu, easy to scroll through and change settings.
-New Auto Low Light settings.
-built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, for easy viewing and sharing.
-Super slow motion frame rates - 1080/120fps, and 720/240fps.
-QuikCapture - turn on and start recording by pressing top button, turn on and take time lapse photos by holding top button for 2 seconds.
-HiLight Tag - My favorite. put a marker in your footage so you can easily take out/retrieve the part you want, just by pressing the side button during playback.
-Greater audio performance - The Hero 4 Black has 2x the dynamic range, and the built-in microphone is MUCH better than the previous models. Sound is crisp and clear.
- The Hero 4 Black also has another built-in feature that enables it to be used with a greater range of professional microphones than it's predecessors.
Now, onto the actual review of the camera.
Right out of the box, it doesn't come with much. Just the camera, dive housing, a charging/sync cable, and a manual. It DOES NOT come with a micro SD card, so your gonna have to purchase one when you purchase the camera if you want to be able to use it. Turning on the camera, it powers up in about 2 seconds and is ready to go.
One of the only cons i've noticed is the connection between the camera and the GoPro App (for live video streaming) can be spotty at times. It hasn't given me enough problems to take a star away or mess up any of what i've filmed, but it was kind of annoying (until I got the LCD BacPac - now I have no issues). The App also cannot live stream the faster frame rates, such as 4K and certain 2.7K rates (or at least won't over my connection).
Something I really love about the Hero 4 Black (and I guess GoPro in general) is the way the camera gets updated. You will get a little notification on your phone that an update is available. All you do is turn on your camera, turn on the camera's Wi-Fi, click on the notification, and it will update through the Wi-Fi. No plugging up to the computer for updates anymore! I also love that with my update, I received new ISO settings (low light), as well as the ability to edit short clips directly on the LCD BacPac. Every update increases the camera's performance and even gives you new settings to be able to film better. Can't beat that.
In my experience, this camera is 100% worth the money, and you will love every minute using it. There are hundreds of accessories for the GoPro now, so you can really get the most out of your camera. It truly is a professional action camera, so I wouldn't recommend it to anybody who has no previous camera experience. You're gonna want to know something about manual settings for cameras and what they do when you manipulate them. This camera exceeded my expectations and more, and I would recommend it to anybody and everybody, especially those who are looking for a high quality camera with tons of capabilities.
Top reviews from other countries
In attesa di capire come sarà la 6, mi sento di dare questo giudizio.
La qualità delle immagini e dei video è unica. Ha un'infinità di accessori che la rendono utilizzabile praticamente ovunque e con in qualsiasi situazione.
Non sto a elencarvi le caratteristiche tecniche che potete trovare direttamente sul sito Gopro o in descrizione del prodotto Amazon.
Ho avuto sia la Hero 3 sia questa sia la Hero 5 black. La 3 e la 5 le ho rivendute, per tenere questa.
Due difetti: la batteria che dura all'incirca 1 ora a 1080p 60 fps. Troppo poco. Se poi ci aggiungete il display posteriore ancora meno. L'altro è il microfono, dentro il case non si sente niente, con il frame si sente poco. Diciamo che necessita di un microfono esterno.
Questo non mi fa abbassare il numero di stelle perchè a mio avviso su una action cam display e microfono non servono. Se volete usarla per filmare tenendo la GoPro in mano, allora compratevi una videocamera classica con zoom, display e microfono migliore.
Io la utilizzo sul casco, attaccata alla macchina o a un'asta sott'acqua, tutte situazioni in cui serve riprendere solo il video. E in questo è la migliore videocamera che esista.
Oh, and guess what: in order to plug in the external microphone you need to buy a 6 inch adapter cable (worth about $2) for around $25.
One big plus with the GoPro is not in the device itself but in the size of its user base which makes it easy to find all kinds of accessories as well as help with virtually any issue that comes up.
The only difference in the US Version is that it does not have French on the packaging. The product is the same as the Canadian GoPro HERO4 in all other points.
Totally worth the cost of the unit. Does everything it should and the picture and video quality are excellent.