Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "GoPro HERO5 Black” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 7% off the $399.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
GoPro HERO5 Black
|Price:||$399.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes.
- Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing
- Additional GoPro HERO5 Black Features + Benefits below on item page.
- Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
GoPro HERO5 Black
Simply the best GoPro, Ever.
HERO5 Black is the most powerful and easy-to-use GoPro ever, thanks to its 4K video, voice control, one-button simplicity, touch display and waterproof design.
Smooth stabilized video, crystal-clear audio and pro-quality photo capture combine with GPS to make HERO5 Black simply the best GoPro. And when it’s time to edit and share, HERO5 Black automatically uploads footage to your GoPro Plus cloud account to provide easy access on your phone. Then, you can create amazing videos automatically with Quik, the GoPro editing app.
The Versatile GoPro Family
Works with 30+ GoPro official mounts and accessories.
- HERO5 Black Camera
- The Frame (HERO5 Black)
- Rechargeable Battery (HERO5 Black)
- Curved Adhesive Mount
- Flat Adhesive Mount
- Mounting Buckle
- USB-C Cable
Features + Benefits
Enjoy hands-free control of your GoPro using simple voice commands.
'GoPro, take a photo'.
2-inch Touch Display.
Preview and play back your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro.
Rugged + Waterproof.
Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 33 feet (10m) without a housing.
Simple One-Button Control.
A single press of the shutter button powers the camera on and starts recording automatically.
Features + Benefits
Advanced Video Stabilization.
HERO5 Black can capture stunningly smooth video handheld, mounted to your favorite gear, and more.
Wear it. Mount it. Love it.
Capture life in a whole new way with 30+ GoPro mounts and accessories, including Karma, 3-Way, Remo and more.
Access + share from anywhere.
With a GoPro Plus subscription, HERO5 Black can automatically upload photos and videos directly to the cloud for easy viewing, editing and sharing on the go.
4K Video / 12MP Photo.
RAW + WDR Photo.
GPS Location Tagging.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Photo (Up To)||12MP / 30 FPS Burst / Time Lapse||10MP / 30FPS Burst / Time Lapse||8MP / 10FPS Burst / Time Lapse|
|Video (Up To)||4K30 / 1440p80 / 1080p120||4K30 / 1440p60 / 1080p90||1440p30 / 1080p60|
|Waterproof 33 feet (10M)||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple 1-Button Control||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced Wind Noise Reduction||✓||✓|
|Auto Upload To Cloud||✓||✓|
|Item Dimensions||1.26 x 2.44 x 1.75 inches|
|Item Weight||0.26 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
|Video Capture Resolution|
Compare to similar items
This item GoPro HERO5 Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Extreme Electronic||Amazon.com||TandHProducts|
|Item Dimensions||2.44 x 1.75 x 1.26 in||1.5 x 1.43 x 1.5 in||2.79 x 2.8 x 1.53 in||2.79 x 2.8 x 1.53 in||1.49 x 1.49 x 1.43 in||4.06 x 6.42 x 4.25 in|
|Item Weight||4.16 ounces||4.48 ounces||5.12 ounces||5.28 ounces||2.56 ounces||4.48 ounces|
Capture different with HERO5 Black. Share immersive 4K perspectives that make you feel like you’re there. HERO5 Black makes it easy with its one-button simplicity, convenient touch display and ready-to-go waterproof design. Smooth, stabilized video, crystal-clear audio, and pro-quality photo capture combine with voice control and GPS to make HERO5 Black the most impressive GoPro ever. And when it’s time to edit and share, HERO5 Black automatically uploads footage to your GoPro Plus cloud account to provide easy access on any device. Then, create amazing videos automatically with Quick, the GoPro mobile editing app. Your life as you’ve never seen it-HERO5 Black.
HERO5 Black Camera
The Frame (HERO5 Black)
Rechargeable Battery (HERO5 Black)
Curved Adhesive Mount
Flat Adhesive Mount
Top Customer Reviews
The good (+3)
- Highly portable. I can quickly charge it and stick it in my pocket for on-the-go shooting.
- Waterproof. Drop this in water and you'll be fine. Swish it around, and still fine. Go diving, yep, still fine (up to 33' without housing).
- Android connectivity. It works fantastically! With the Capture app, I can pay attention to the shot on my 5" phone screen while guiding my arm.
- Stabilization. Unbelievably good. If I'm doing a panning shot or walking down stairs, I don't have to worry about arm jiggle. It's smooth on a bike.
- Audio. Multi-directional recording on this tiny camera is very good. Listen to the raw audio in the attached video to see what I mean.
- Sturdy construction. The smooth plastic, large touch screen, and heft give it a quality feel fitting to the price range.
- Timelapses look great! I recorded a 2-hour once-per-2-seconds timelapse on a single battery and was able to immediately wirelessly transfer it to my phone and share it.
The bad (-1)
- The flap on the USB C port on the side has jammed and fallen off several times. It is easy to put back on, though the possibility of it falling off again has made me think about accidentally losing it.
- The water-tight housing (allows it to go much deeper in water) bumps up against the record button and takes a bit of a squeeze to get it on. Not the worst thing in the world, but hey, it is a hassle.
The ugly (-2)
- At any light lower than near-direct sunlight, digital grain is visible. When in the shade or when it is cloudy, the quality is noticeably worse than in sunlight. Think of the grain as like a fine paint daub look, circa 2010 phone cameras. Yes, it can shoot 4K at a 60 Mb/s bitrate, but even downscaled to 1080p, the digital grain is noticeable. See what I mean in the attached video. My phone, Galaxy S7, takes far better video than the GoPro in lower-light settings. However, no phone camera beats the wide-angle, waterproofing, and general versatility of this camera.
- The GoPro Hero 5 Black is a great $400 action camera intended for a very specific market of videographers. The major downside of this camera (video quality in low light) does not outweigh all that this camera can do. Throw this tiny camera in your bag, go skiing, surfing, traveling the country, and when you're all done, put together something worth sharing. What you don't get with video quality you in return get not having to hassle with lenses, extra batteries, external chargers, equipment bags, and the like, which all get in the way of the action.
22 total points with 4 taken off = 21/24, or about 4/5 stars.
Short Review: I have owned GoPro cameras since the Hero 2.. I have recently been introduced to other brands that work just as well but I am loyal to GoPro and had to try out the new hero 5.. I am glad I did because GoPro is now on top of their game again and this is now the best Action Camera I have ever owned!!.. I used to hate all in one designs (Waterproofing being built into the camera) but I actually feel it works very well with this camera and provides much greater protection! No more "Naked" GoPros getting broken! (I have broke a few)
While the Hero 5 doesn't really have any major improvements in resolution or shooting specs, the improvements that have been made in design and software actually work well and really make the photo and videos appear much better! The most notable improvements include built in stabilization that works very well and much better audio! Audio is where action cameras have always been lacking, but GoPro has made a huge improvement here. GoPro has also improved their user interface which is a great improvement. Old models took a little while to learn, but not the Hero 5.. I haven't seen an action camera this easy to use ever! So even though GoPro has carried over the same sensor from the Hero 4, this camera is very much worth the improvements
1.) Video Quality - Is outstanding. The software changes they made, actually make the video quality look much better even though the same sensor was carries over
2.) Much easier to use interface - No more learning curve! Includes Voice Control
3.) Much easier to use - Thanks to the new interface
4.) Audio Quality - This is the most noticeable difference. The audio quality is simply outstanding
5.) Stereo Sound
6.) Ability to shoot RAW WDR (Also a Con because RAW is only available on a few options)
7.) GPS - Can now track where your photos are taken
8.) Camera is now much more durable thanks to the built in housing
9.) Photos are still simply amazing
10.) Battery life is now AMAZING - no more 1 hour battery.. I received a full two hours out of all three of my uses so far
11.) Love the built in screen
12.) I haven't ran into any bugs YET but I own several Action Cameras so the little quirks here and there, I know how to get around them. I'm not really sure they are bugs, but just how action cameras are
13.) Voice Control - Thanks to Amazon, Apple, and others we now live in a day and age of controlling things with our voice.. Voice control is now included on this camera and works well!! This is what action cameras have needed! No longer do you need an app or bluetooth remote to control the camera on a selfie stick.. You can now do it with your voice!!
14.) Supports up to a 128GB memory card! Plenty of room for 4K videos!
15.) The new GoPro software is better than the past.. I like quik and find it to work fine for basic task.. I still use Final Cut for most of my stuff!
16.) Cloud - While the cloud is a good idea, and for some this is a GREAT advantage for the new GoPro. YouTube is free so is my Prime Photo account.. I will continue to use those but I am very happy to see GoPro integrate a REAL cloud solution for their cameras.. I know a lot of people don't like this decision but it isn't required to use their cloud. I was a GoPro Plus Beta tester and I found it easy to use.. I no longer have the account now that it cost money but I did find it to be very well thought out software!
17.) Still works with most OLD accessories!! Of course you need new batteries and stuff but old mounts, chest straps, selfie sticks, grips, and even cases should still work!! (Like storage cases, not waterproof housings)
18.) Higher ISO options than previous GoPros
19.) Improved connectivity to my phone, much easier to pair and connect than previous GoPros
20. Built in Waterproofing works down to 33FT BUT they have an external housing available for divers that makes it waterproof to 196FT
1.) While I was a fan of GoPro plus I no longer use it now that its out of beta. I wish GoPro would integrate free services a little better to their apps and not require the use of their services for their apps.. I would use their apps more often if it was integrated better with services such as YouTube. Final Cut integrates very well with other services, not only Apple Services. I feel that GoPro plus is going to be great for a lot of people, that is why it is also listed in my "Pros"..
2.) The biggest accessory that no longer works that I have a few of, are "Domes" for half underwater photos.. Most Domes that I own have an old GoPro housing that you place the GoPro into.. Something to keep in mind!
3.) Raw is only available on a few options
4.) The REAL waterproof housing now cost $50. This housing allows the camera to go down to 196FT.. The camera HOWEVER IS WATERPROOF already! But only down to 33FT... If you plan to use the camera for scuba this will run you another $50.. The standard housing on the OLD GoPros allowed it to go down to 131FT and then 197FT with the dive housing.. This is why I don't really like built in waterproofing.. We lost a lot of depth on the hero 5!!
1.) Make sure you grab a high quality memory card to go with this. I personally use SanDisk Extreme but GoPros website list a lot of cards they suggest. Using a card that is cheap or not suggested MIGHT cause freezing, the camera to overheat, or even your videos to corrupt.. SanDisk has never given me any issues
2.) There are several Action Camera accessory kits on Amazon that will "Jump Start" your collection of mounts.. Remember, this camera has a basic mount but nothing major.. I recommend a good kit from Amazon to save you money!
3.) GoPro PLUS and GoPro software IS NOT REQUIRED.. I still use it for basic task, and think it works great for basic task but one of the complaints this camera is getting is the new software.. I use more of a professional video editing software such as Final Cut and it still works fine. Also, I don't need GoPros cloud service. YouTube is FREE so is Amazon Prime Photos
Overall: After a few hours of playing with this camera I simply love it and feel it offers great improvements over previous versions! I look forward to updating this review as I play more with the camera.