Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 123 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on June 12, 2014
This back pack battery certainly extends the useful time of the camera when I'm scuba diving with it and can't recharge it. It allows me to do two full dives without a recharge or battery change even if I video all of the time.
on August 9, 2014
It really does double, maybe triple the minimal battery time of the original battery. a must have item for serious GoPro users. The description doesn't make it clear, but this item DOES include 4 different clear plastic backs for the camera case, depending on the size camera, and whether you want waterproof or open back.

The original battery stays in.. this piggybacks on top. A great plus (for the open back) is you can connect charge cord without taking the camera out of the case, and the one connection charges both batteries.

considering all that, a great bargain.
on August 4, 2014
While I have not tested this for the full length of time. I ran it on my Hero 3+ Silver, during a white water rafting trip. This was the longest single trip I have tested it on. I turned the Resolution to 920(I think) and had this and a fully charged regular battery in it. I did not use the WiFi or anything else though. I didn't want to run out of memory on the card, or run the battery down. In the Hour and a half that it ran, it only used about 1/2 of the battery pack, per the guage on the back.

Just what I was looking for, and I would have bought it sooner, but it was not out when I got the camera. I figure between the stock battery, and this backpack, I should be able to get between 4 and 5 hours at least of continous shooting, at least based on the same settings.
on August 25, 2014
Very pleased with this battery backpac thus far. Lately I have been recording my flight lessons, and the Hero 3's battery could never make it the full length of the lesson. I would get anywhere between 40 min to just over 1 hour on the internal battery alone at 1080/60. With the backpac I was able to get my last lesson in its entirety which lasted about 2 hours, and there was still juice to spare. Looking forward to getting 2 more for my other two Hero 3's soon. Pass through charges like a charm, does add significant charge time however, to charge both the backpac and the camera, but it's a very convenient feature. Highly recommend this product for GoPro users.
on December 25, 2014
BATTERY FITS CAMERA PERFECTLY, CHARGES AS DESIGNED AND MAKES FOR A PERFECT COMPLIMENT....BUT.....ALTHOUGH THE BOX SHOWS THIS ACCOMMODATES A 3+, AS IT TURNS OUT THE TWO CLEAR CASE BACKS (SKELETON AND DIVER) ARE ACTUALLY OVERSIZED. THEY MUST BE FOR A DIFFERENT GO PRO MODEL BECAUSE WHEN I HOLD THEM UP BACK TO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BACK DOORS, THESE TWO NEW BACKS ARE WIDER AND THEREFORE DO NOT FIT AND CANNOT CLOSE AT ALL. THE BOX STATES IT IS FOR THE MANY MODELS INCLUDING THE "3+" BUT I SUSPECT "GO PRO PACKING" SLIPPED IN THE TWO INCORRECT BACKS FROM PERHAPS AN OLDER MODEL OR THE GO PRO 4 SERIES. THEREFORE UNTIL THE BACKS ARE CORRECTED I CAN ONLY USE THE NEW BATTERY WITH "THE FRAME" (PURCHASED SEPERATELY WHICH OFFERS NO PROTECTION FROM THE ENVIRONMENT
on February 25, 2015
Okay, So, Other than it taking forever to charge and it discharging much too quickly, i could deal with that, but not 24hrs after opening the package the little plastic piece on the inside of the bacpac that keeps the charging pins straight fell out.not impressed.
Update: After not even using it for a few months, left on a full charge, it wont charge anymore and throws the gopro into a shutdown poweron loop. Not very happy, i dont even have the original box anymore to return it in. so i have a completely dead and useless bacpac, maybe if there was another way to charge it then idk,, but im pretty sure its just beyond repair. will try with another one straight from gopros site.
on April 12, 2015
This battery wasn't that good. First, it requires more space, so you need to have the different back panels. Second, it seems to be a little picky when charging. Sometimes it seems to even "crash", which is unusual for a battery. But it just stops working for a while. Then waiting for a while, or plugging and unplugging might wake it up again. Also, pass-through charging does not seem to be working. I can charge this battery separately with its own USB connector, or the regular battery through GoPro's own connector. But I was under the impression I could charge both via one connector...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2015
This thing is junk! I wouldn't recommend wasting your time with this. We used it one single time, maybe for one whole hour, and now it's dead. Won't charge, battery indicator doesn't come on, nothing! Have tried all charging methods possible and the thing is just dead. What a waste of money this was. I'd recommend just buying some Wasabi replacement batteries before wasting your time with this thing.

Not happy about this purchase! Would be nice to be able to have dependable equipment. Maybe someday GoPro will start making some.
on October 14, 2014
I bought this like everyone else thinking cool I will definitely have enough. It's a combined roughly 4-5 of record time. Nope. Within the case it gets so hot that both battery burns out. This was for a trip to Asia and my fully charged battery plus fully charged backpack gave me about a hour and a half of record time until the GoPro completely died from battery starvation.
on March 15, 2017
great addition to your gopro collection