Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 225 reviews
on February 12, 2012
I had this on my GoPro when I bungee jumped off a 190' bridge over a river.
Unfortunately for me the camera (mount and all) popped off my helmet and is gone forever.
The good news is, the camera stayed afloat. We could see it clearly from the bridge deck(190')
floating on down the river.
77 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
I bought this as GoPro and Amazon have it listed to fit the Hero 3 and 3+. The floaty back door fits the Hero 3 well and will float the camera and case in at water level. I use the Hero cameras for whitewater kayaking and trust the floaty back door.

The floaty back door does not fit the Hero 3+. If you are like me, you would remove the door from the package, stick the floaty on the door, then want to attach the door to the camera housing. Well....not so much. The door doesn't fit the Hero 3+, but the floaty will work.

If you want this for the Hero 3+, you will need to toss the back door and stick the floaty on your existing camera door.
on June 4, 2013
Great product, but you can still loose a gopro.

EVERYONE who buys this product - I recommend going to a local tackle store and buying a steel fishing liter. The one thing that would make this product amazing, would be if they included a leash.

So the to ghetto-rig a leash I went out and bought a 12" steel fishing liter (used to catch big ocean fish so they don't bite the line off).

I would cut the steel liter down to like 3" - 4". Then I would loop one end of the liter through whatever mount I'm using (chest, head, surfboard, etc.) and loop the other end around the gopro.

The bright Red-Orange float will still get lost in big surf that makes big foamy white wash. Do yourself a favor, make a leash. That was if your leash breaks (which it probably wont) you can rely on this floaty as a last line of defense. I wouldn't recommend JUSt using the Floaty as your only safety device. It just isn't big enough to spot.

*Keep in mind - I'm only speaking for the people who are using their GoPro to bodyboard/surf/kayak with. I'm sure it'll work fine for snorkeling, scuba, etc. Anything that envolves fast, violent water I wouldn't trust this device alone.
on May 26, 2014
I used my floaty back door in the pool a few times to make sure it would float with different mounts. Performed beautifully in the pool with no current. Now this past weekend I went kayaking in the Little Miami River and the go pro mount that I was using failed. Upon seeing the splash from the camera I hesitated jumping in because the water was freezing and I assumed with the floaty back door I would be able to just paddle to the camera and pick it right up. After about 3 seconds the camera sank and I jumped in to save my beloved gopro, however with the current and the depth of the water I was unable to grab it. If you do buy this product. DO NOT depend on it to protect your investment. Use a leash or fishing line to attach the camera to you. Very sad weekend.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon September 25, 2013
if you have a GoPro and will use it in the water, this is a MUST-HAVE part, and you shouldn't compromise with other cheaper brands. This is expensive for what's basically a rectangle that's made out of that material used for stress balls, but when you're in the ocean or just swimming with your camera, you always feel safer because of this floaty. I just wish it wasn't so overpriced.
on March 7, 2015
If you are going to be around water you need some kind of flotation. The bright color makes it easy to be seen when you loose your camera. It does add a little more size to the camera than I would like, but most of the time that doesn't matter.
on September 18, 2013
This thing follows the Unix philosophy: "do one thing and do it well". It makes the cam float, period. The price tag may seem steep for a piece of foam rubber and a little plastic hatch but while one could probably easily make something like this from gaffa tape and this blistered packing foil for next to nothing, it will never be half as practical nor as good looking.
Note I have only taken this snorkeling so far, not diving. As soft as the foam is I could imagine it compressing quite a bit at the 40m the GoPro case is specified for, which would mean you could after all lose your camera deep down there. But if you take it deeper than a few meters, it should probably be strapped to something anyway ...
on March 6, 2013
Oh man was this thing a life saver!! I was out on the lake doing some fishing and just wanted to get a "boat's eye view" as we hauled to our spots. All was well until I clumsily kicked the camera, broke the mount and knocked it straight into the water!! Luckily, for some reason I had my thinking cap on that morning and said to myself, "self, you are dumb and clumsy....it might be good to put this floaty on just in case you knock the camera in the water".....Little did I know just how true that would be!!

Needless to say, this works bottom line. SO, if you are doing anything with your GoPro on water, be smart and put a floaty on it!!!
on June 27, 2013
Started using my GoPro in the water with my kids in the pool and, more nerve racking, the lake for some fun summer time videos. The back was easy to install on the case and the foam floaty stuck right to it. I do not get the impression that the float will pull off easily as some reviews have claimed. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain I could pull it off, but it has survived about 2 hours of pool time with my 3 and 5 year old... it's stuck.

Floats well with the camera and the case only. I don't have any fancy mounts or a bat/LCD pak, so I can't speak as to how those fare.

I've thrown the camera with quite a bit of force into the pool and it held up and floated straight to the top. Can't wait to try it out at the lake!
on March 21, 2012
Definitely worth the minimal investment to prevent your GoPro from visiting the bottom of the lake/ocean/etc! What more can I say?
Oh, so I was talking about the floaty back door at work, and a friend blurts out "Wow!?!? What a great idea! One of my wake board buddies had his GoPro this weekend affixed to his wake board... jumped a wake, and the thing shot off and was gone!" Oops... O_o

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.