Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro Head Strap Mount" and save 33% off the $14.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
GoPro Head Strap Mount
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This GoPro Head Strap Mount is Compatible with ALL HERO3, HERO2, and HD HERO Original Cameras
- One Size Fits All adjustable head strap mount allows for use on head and helmets
- Made with Nylon Straps and Polycarbonate buckles
- NOT RECOMMENDED for high-impact sports. Only recommended for non-impact activities
- Camera Not Included
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This GoPro Head Strap Mount is Fully Adjustable to fit all sizes, the Head Strap is compatible with all GoPro cameras and great for keeping the footage clear while you shred.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I received this product I opened it to find the mounting plate to be completely scratched up. Considering I bought it new, I would have liked for it to have looked new as well. However this is just an aesthetic problem, the head strap itself was in otherwise perfect working condition.
The straps adjust to fit snugly on my head and the camera sits comfortably in the mount. The little silicone wave things on the inside of the band help with keeping the grip on your head so that it doesn't move around much (if at all) while moving.
All in all I think this is a great product for the price, I just wish I had known it wasn't going to be a GoPro brand before my purchase. and the scratches to the mounting plate on a new product was a major disappointment as well.
Going back to using the float with this headstrap and it sinking. I ended up basically attaching another float to the ProFloaty. Such as this one Lucky Line Soft Key Float 92801 - Yellow. I just velcro'ed it to the ProFloaty on the top. So with that assisting the ProFloaty, with the head strap on, it definitely holds it above water. So I highly recommend you add another float if you intend on using the head strap our in the open waters as it will sink even with the single standard Float.
I did have to tighten the strap around my head to it's smallest size else the wind would have blown it off my head and into the prop behind me. I have a 7 1/8 size head, which is about average I think, so it would be nice if it would go a bit tighter still. I have to consider it as I begin takeoff to ensure the strap is secure, then once in awhile while flying I have to pull it down on my head again just a little bit. If it were tighter I wouldn't have to do this, but then again, it might give me a headache?
When hiking, same deal on getting the view I want by turning my head that direction, but without any worry of losing it off my head.
I often have to turn the camera on first and then place it on my head once I am assured the red light is on, or have a partner look to see that it is recording. I've missed footage by not pushing the button in enough to turn it on... thus missing the experience.
Two things are less than ideal:
1) The GoPro will not sit flush against the back because of the design of the mounting. Thus the camera points slightly downward
2) There is no quick release clasp. This is just a webbing of elastic bands and some plastic pieces. You can adjust the size/tension of the elastic bands, however. But lets say you wanted to strap it to your thigh by unclipping the straps at the back and wrapping it around your leg; Can't to that. To get it on your head, you have to stretch and pull and tug the elastic straps over your head and hat, etc instead of just pulling it around and clasping at the back, Imagine a good pair of ski goggles with a clasp or snap at the back. This does not have that feature.
Most recent customer reviews
I did a Tough Mudder with this and it fits the Go Pro perfectly.Read more