Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro HERO5 Black 4K Action Camera" and save 44% off the $399.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Camera & Camcorder Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
GoPro HERO5 Black 4K Action Camera
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes. Charger not included
- Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing
- Additional GoPro HERO5 Black Features + Benefits below on item page. Time Lapse Photo Intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds
- Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro.
- Battery can sustain 60-90 minutes of continuous 4K video recording
- NOTE: Check User Manual on Technical Specification and Instruction video available before use
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
GoPro HERO5 Black
HERO5 Black is a balance of performance and convenience thanks to its 4K video, voice control, easy-to-use touch display and waterproof design. Now with QuikStories, HERO5 Black automatically sends your footage to your phone where it transforms into an awesome edited video. Combined with stabilized video, pro-quality photos and auto upload to the cloud with GoPro Plus, HERO5 Black gives you the power to tell your story.
Footnotes: (1) Requires the GoPro and Quik mobile apps. (2) GoPro Plus is a subscription service available in select territories. Cancel anytime. Auto upload to the cloud requires connection to an AC power plug (not included), full battery charge and GoPro Plus membership. Actual product specifications may vary, and all features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. GoPro, HERO, Session, Karma and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
HERO5 Black sends your footage to your phone where the app transforms it into an awesome edited video - automatically.
4K Video + 12 MP Photo
Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos in single, burst and time lapse modes.
Rugged + Waterproof
Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing.
2-Inch Touch Display
Preview and play back your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro.
Enjoy hands-free control of your GoPro using simple voice commands.
Simple One-Button Control
A single press of the Shutter button powers the camera on and starts recording automatically.
HERO5 Black captures stunningly smooth video, whether it's handheld or mounted to your gear.
Access + Share From Anywhere
With an optional GoPro Plus subscription, HERO5 Black can auto upload footage directly to the cloud for easy access on the go.
Compare with similar items
GoPro Hero5 Black (E-Commerce Packaging)
GoPro HERO6 Black 4K Action Camera
GoPro HERO Session
GoPro HERO5 Black + SanDisk Ultra 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card + Hard Case + Chest Strap Mount - Head Strap Mount + Flexible Tripod + Extendable Monopod + Floating Handle - Great Value Bundle
GoPro HERO4 BLACK
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||TTP Retail||Amazon.com||TandHProducts||Photo4Less||Extreme Electronic|
|Item Dimensions||1.75 x 2.44 x 1.26 in||9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 in||1.75 x 2.44 x 1.26 in||1.49 x 1.49 x 1.43 in||8 x 6 x 5 in||2.8 x 2.79 x 1.53 in|
|Item Weight||4.16 ounces||1.43 lbs||4.2 ounces||2.56 ounces||—||5.28 ounces|
Capture different with HERO5 Black. Share immersive 4K perspectives that make you feel like you’re there. HERO5 Black makes it easy with its one-button simplicity, convenient touch display and ready-to-go waterproof design. Smooth, stabilized video, crystal-clear audio, and pro-quality photo capture combine with voice control and GPS to make HERO5 Black the most impressive GoPro ever. And when it’s time to edit and share, HERO5 Black automatically uploads footage to your GoPro Plus cloud account to provide easy access on any device. Then, create amazing videos automatically with Quick, the GoPro mobile editing app. Your life as you’ve never seen it-HERO5 Black.
HERO5 Black Camera
The Frame (HERO5 Black)
Rechargeable Battery (HERO5 Black)
Curved Adhesive Mount
Flat Adhesive Mount
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
15 minutes into my first snorkeling trip on my family's recent trip-of-a-lifetime to Hawaii, the camera inexplicably shut itself down without warning or explanation. Assuming it was the battery, I got back on the boat, dried it off, replaced the battery and tried again. Nothing. Further investigation showed that my brand-spanking-new "waterproof to 10 meters" GoPro Hero 5 wasn't so waterproof after all. The inside of the battery compartment was *soaked* and both batteries were ruined as a result. The camera was used 100% according to the manufacturer's instructions, and all due care was taken when closing and seating doors to make sure the seal was good. It's just poorly designed. A quick Google search shows that the Internet is littered with owners having the same kind of trouble.
Aside from the obvious disappointment of the camera's failure and its effect on ruining countless photo and video opportunities for me and my family, GoPro's response when I contacted them about the failure has possibly been even worse. After my initial contact and their requests for photos of the camera, batteries and receipt, it took them FOUR DAYS to get back to me. When they finally did, they sent a GROUND shipping label for a return from New York to California (a week in transit) and made no mention of the batteries that their defective product also ruined. They also said nothing about how long I would be without the camera.
I responded to that message and have AGAIN not heard back with any additional information. And I even purchased the GoPro Care package when I purchased the camera! Rediculous. My only thought is that they are having such trouble with the waterproofing on their new Hero 5 Black cameras that they are overwhelmed.
The bottom line is that if you are planning to use your action camera in the water (as so many of us are), you should spare yourself from the flawed Hero 5 black and, even more, from GoPro's terrible service. How the once mighty have fallen. Caveat emptor.
I *finally* received my replacement GoPro Hero 5 Black after two weeks, three follow-up phone calls and promises to send it second-day air so I would have it for my next trip. Instead, they sent it ground shipping and it arrived the day after I had already left. I was not surprised.
Overall, my disappointment in the failure of the camera remains and my disappointment in GoPro as a company has grown. Since I have invested in GoPro mounts and accessories, I will continue using this camera until it fails (again), but I will look elsewhere for future action camera needs and will not patronize GoPro in the future. Moreover, I would recommend *against* any of GoPro's add-ons like GoPro Care or GoPro Plus since the company clearly sees them as nothing more than a revenue enhancement and does not actually follow-through on the coverage.
The good (+3)
- Highly portable. I can quickly charge it and stick it in my pocket for on-the-go shooting.
- Waterproof. Drop this in water and you'll be fine. Swish it around, and still fine. Go diving, yep, still fine (up to 33' without housing).
- Android connectivity. It works fantastically! With the Capture app, I can pay attention to the shot on my 5" phone screen while guiding my arm.
- Stabilization. Unbelievably good. If I'm doing a panning shot or walking down stairs, I don't have to worry about arm jiggle. It's smooth on a bike.
- Audio. Multi-directional recording on this tiny camera is very good. Listen to the raw audio in the attached video to see what I mean.
- Sturdy construction. The smooth plastic, large touch screen, and heft give it a quality feel fitting to the price range.
- Timelapses look great! I recorded a 2-hour once-per-2-seconds timelapse on a single battery and was able to immediately wirelessly transfer it to my phone and share it.
The bad (-1)
- The flap on the USB C port on the side has jammed and fallen off several times. It is easy to put back on, though the possibility of it falling off again has made me think about accidentally losing it.
- The water-tight housing (allows it to go much deeper in water) bumps up against the record button and takes a bit of a squeeze to get it on. Not the worst thing in the world, but hey, it is a hassle.
The ugly (-2)
- At any light lower than near-direct sunlight, digital grain is visible. When in the shade or when it is cloudy, the quality is noticeably worse than in sunlight. Think of the grain as like a fine paint daub look, circa 2010 phone cameras. Yes, it can shoot 4K at a 60 Mb/s bitrate, but even downscaled to 1080p, the digital grain is noticeable. See what I mean in the attached video. My phone, Galaxy S7, takes far better video than the GoPro in lower-light settings. However, no phone camera beats the wide-angle, waterproofing, and general versatility of this camera.
- The GoPro Hero 5 Black is a great $400 action camera intended for a very specific market of videographers. The major downside of this camera (video quality in low light) does not outweigh all that this camera can do. Throw this tiny camera in your bag, go skiing, surfing, traveling the country, and when you're all done, put together something worth sharing. What you don't get with video quality you in return get not having to hassle with lenses, extra batteries, external chargers, equipment bags, and the like, which all get in the way of the action.
22 total points with 4 taken off = 21/24, or about 4/5 stars.
Most recent customer reviews
I bought Gopro to use on my trip and I could not, Gopro hero 5 black, did not call and did not charge battery.Read more