Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
GoPro Hero5 Black — Waterproof Digital Action Camera for Travel with Touch Screen 4K HD Video 12MP Photos
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$31.00 (9%)|
|Video Capture Resolution||4K30, 2.7K60, 1080p120 Video|
|Connections||Wifi, Bluetooth, USB|
|Max Focal Length||1 Millimeters|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Stunning 4k video and 12MP photos in single, burst and time lapse modes charger not included
- Durable by design, Hero5 black is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter) without a housing
- Additional GoPro Hero5 black features + benefits below on item page time lapse photo intervals: 05, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds
- Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro
- Note: Check user manual on technical specification and instruction video available before use; audio format: wav
Buy this product as Renewed and save $163.01 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
GoPro HERO5 Black
HERO5 Black is a balance of performance and convenience thanks to its 4K video, voice control, easy-to-use touch display and waterproof design. Now with QuikStories, HERO5 Black automatically sends your footage to your phone where it transforms into an awesome edited video. Combined with stabilized video, pro-quality photos and auto upload to the cloud with GoPro Plus, HERO5 Black gives you the power to tell your story.
Footnotes: (1) Requires the GoPro and Quik mobile apps. (2) GoPro Plus is a subscription service available in select territories. Cancel anytime. Auto upload to the cloud requires connection to an AC power plug (not included), full battery charge and GoPro Plus membership.
Actual product specifications may vary, and all features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. GoPro, HERO, Session, Karma and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
HERO5 Black sends your footage to your phone where the app transforms it into an awesome edited video - automatically.
4K Video + 12 MP Photo
Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos in single, burst and time lapse modes.
Rugged + Waterproof
Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing.
2-Inch Touch Display
Preview and play back your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro.
Enjoy hands-free control of your GoPro using simple voice commands.
Simple One-Button Control
A single press of the Shutter button powers the camera on and starts recording automatically.
HERO5 Black captures stunningly smooth video, whether it's handheld or mounted to your gear.
Access + Share From Anywhere
With an optional GoPro Plus subscription, HERO5 Black can auto upload footage directly to the cloud for easy access on the go.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Photo||12MP (With SuperPhoto)||12MP||10MP|
|Rugged + Waterproof||Down to 33ft (10m)||Down to 33ft (10m)||Down to 33ft (10m)|
|Intuitive Touch Screen||✓||✓||✓|
|GPS Performance Stickers||✓||✓|
|Connects to Phone via Wi-Fi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Capture different with Hero5 Black. Share immersive 4K perspectives that make you feel like you’re there. Hero5 Black makes it easy with its one-button simplicity, convenient touch display and ready-to-go waterproof design. Smooth, stabilized video, crystal-clear audio, and pro-quality photo capture combine with voice control and GPS to make Hero5 Black the most impressive GoPro ever. And when it’s time to edit and share, Hero5 Black automatically uploads footage to your GoPro Plus cloud account to provide easy access on any device. Then, create amazing videos automatically with Quick, the GoPro mobile editing app. Your life as you’ve never seen it-Hero5 Black.
Hero5 Black Camera
The Frame (Hero5 Black)
Rechargeable Battery (Hero5 Black)
Curved Adhesive Mount
Flat Adhesive Mount
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
15 minutes into my first snorkeling trip on my family's recent trip-of-a-lifetime to Hawaii, the camera inexplicably shut itself down without warning or explanation. Assuming it was the battery, I got back on the boat, dried it off, replaced the battery and tried again. Nothing. Further investigation showed that my brand-spanking-new "waterproof to 10 meters" GoPro Hero 5 wasn't so waterproof after all. The inside of the battery compartment was *soaked* and both batteries were ruined as a result. The camera was used 100% according to the manufacturer's instructions, and all due care was taken when closing and seating doors to make sure the seal was good. It's just poorly designed. A quick Google search shows that the Internet is littered with owners having the same kind of trouble.
Aside from the obvious disappointment of the camera's failure and its effect on ruining countless photo and video opportunities for me and my family, GoPro's response when I contacted them about the failure has possibly been even worse. After my initial contact and their requests for photos of the camera, batteries and receipt, it took them FOUR DAYS to get back to me. When they finally did, they sent a GROUND shipping label for a return from New York to California (a week in transit) and made no mention of the batteries that their defective product also ruined. They also said nothing about how long I would be without the camera.
I responded to that message and have AGAIN not heard back with any additional information. And I even purchased the GoPro Care package when I purchased the camera! Rediculous. My only thought is that they are having such trouble with the waterproofing on their new Hero 5 Black cameras that they are overwhelmed.
The bottom line is that if you are planning to use your action camera in the water (as so many of us are), you should spare yourself from the flawed Hero 5 black and, even more, from GoPro's terrible service. How the once mighty have fallen. Caveat emptor.
I *finally* received my replacement GoPro Hero 5 Black after two weeks, three follow-up phone calls and promises to send it second-day air so I would have it for my next trip. Instead, they sent it ground shipping and it arrived the day after I had already left. I was not surprised.
Overall, my disappointment in the failure of the camera remains and my disappointment in GoPro as a company has grown. Since I have invested in GoPro mounts and accessories, I will continue using this camera until it fails (again), but I will look elsewhere for future action camera needs and will not patronize GoPro in the future. Moreover, I would recommend *against* any of GoPro's add-ons like GoPro Care or GoPro Plus since the company clearly sees them as nothing more than a revenue enhancement and does not actually follow-through on the coverage.
I talked to customer support and sent the product in for replacement a couple weeks ago - still waiting for the replacement to come. They said they normally don't cover water damage, but based on my description and photos, they said it was a manufacturing issue.
The good (+3)
- Highly portable. I can quickly charge it and stick it in my pocket for on-the-go shooting.
- Waterproof. Drop this in water and you'll be fine. Swish it around, and still fine. Go diving, yep, still fine (up to 33' without housing).
- Android connectivity. It works fantastically! With the Capture app, I can pay attention to the shot on my 5" phone screen while guiding my arm.
- Stabilization. Unbelievably good. If I'm doing a panning shot or walking down stairs, I don't have to worry about arm jiggle. It's smooth on a bike.
- Audio. Multi-directional recording on this tiny camera is very good. Listen to the raw audio in the attached video to see what I mean.
- Sturdy construction. The smooth plastic, large touch screen, and heft give it a quality feel fitting to the price range.
- Timelapses look great! I recorded a 2-hour once-per-2-seconds timelapse on a single battery and was able to immediately wirelessly transfer it to my phone and share it.
The bad (-1)
- The flap on the USB C port on the side has jammed and fallen off several times. It is easy to put back on, though the possibility of it falling off again has made me think about accidentally losing it.
- The water-tight housing (allows it to go much deeper in water) bumps up against the record button and takes a bit of a squeeze to get it on. Not the worst thing in the world, but hey, it is a hassle.
The ugly (-2)
- At any light lower than near-direct sunlight, digital grain is visible. When in the shade or when it is cloudy, the quality is noticeably worse than in sunlight. Think of the grain as like a fine paint daub look, circa 2010 phone cameras. Yes, it can shoot 4K at a 60 Mb/s bitrate, but even downscaled to 1080p, the digital grain is noticeable. See what I mean in the attached video. My phone, Galaxy S7, takes far better video than the GoPro in lower-light settings. However, no phone camera beats the wide-angle, waterproofing, and general versatility of this camera.
- The GoPro Hero 5 Black is a great $400 action camera intended for a very specific market of videographers. The major downside of this camera (video quality in low light) does not outweigh all that this camera can do. Throw this tiny camera in your bag, go skiing, surfing, traveling the country, and when you're all done, put together something worth sharing. What you don't get with video quality you in return get not having to hassle with lenses, extra batteries, external chargers, equipment bags, and the like, which all get in the way of the action.
22 total points with 4 taken off = 21/24, or about 4/5 stars.
Top international reviews
One problem I have come across is that when I took this in the see body-boarding, although the waterproof case prevented water from entering the camera, sand and salt got stuck in the groove between the screen and the body of the camera - some of which I could not remove! This is also quite expensive, for the price I am paying, I would appreciate a second battery as standard as I had to purchase a second one. However, they do charge very quickly thanks to the USB type C charger.
You also require a decent microSDHC\microSDXC card as 4K video requires very fast write speeds so bear that in mind when buying this camera (I have a V30 rated SDHC).
To summarise, this really is a great camera and I am glad that I have bought it despite the price. I recommend this action cam over others as I simply don't trust the alternative cheapo action cams on Amazon, at least when you are buying from GoPro, you are guaranteed quality and reliability.
a livello tecnico non aggiungo altro di quello gia' detto da persone piu' competenti di me.
il mio uso di questa action cam e' esclusivamente di riprese in moto, venendo da una Nilox Foolish mi aspettavo delle differenze qualitative ma non così abissali...vorrei precisare che guido una Ducati e come gli appassionati sapranno le vibrazioni sono altissime rendendo le riprese mooolto mosse quasi fastidiose.
cercavo recensioni che mi dessero indicazioni se cambiare moto oppure videocamera....:-) ho optato per la soluzione piu' economica e ieri mi e' arrivata la mia 5Black.
provata subito anche in condizioni di pessimo asfalto....che dire il video e' stabile e con una definizione spettacolare anche senza usare il 4K
Also there are many accessories you can buy. I purchased one but the underwater float was junk and so I purchased a genuine GroPro holder/float and it did won't it said it would do. Please don't risk spending £100's on your camera and trust it to a piece of junk buy the genuine GoPro handle/float. They are worth the £20.
The first issue that I have is that the battery life is quite limited, I got about an hour and a half on a full charge. I bought a spare to overcome this but it's still something to be aware of if you have a full day of action.
My second problem came after a few days when I found that one of the tabs had snapped on the frame that carries the camera, I had only been snorkeling in the sea at this point so I have no idea how this happened. I looked into this and found that it's quite a common problem. Amazon are changing the case for me and I am going to buy a third party replacement case with stronger tabs.
All in all I am really happy with my purchase.
video quality is outstanding, at 2.7k , 60fps, stabilize on, every frame is a quality picture, camera mounted on the front of a very vibration prone moto, for examplle, ride past somebody jogging and you can later select a frame where both their feet are off the ground, no blurring, however i'm not sure mounting the camera to something with so much vibration is a good long term idea, but using the camera attached to myself when riding the bike gets close up parts of the bike in shot, this has the affect of putting the surrounding areas out of focus, a hand, rear view mirror, screen, bang in focus but view a single frame and the objects to either side, buildings, vehicles, people, trees, scenery, it's all blurry and a bit rubbish, but with the camera on the front of the bike, despite vibration, every single frame is so very good, even the clouds, just stunning.
the camera gets some of the voice commands wrong when in noisy environments and has on a couple of occasions decided to show off it's capabilities that i had been unaware of, such as killing audio when it decided the wind noise was excessive, ie when traveling at speed, then restoring sound when pulling up at traffic signals, and one time switching to a mode where it took pictures whilst also recording video, maybe it was just making me aware of it's talents should i require them. dunno. mostly it behaves faultlessly. it is a very good camera. the quality of those frames is just excellent.
After first days use (snorkelling and no deeper than 5 feet) I noticed the pictures I took were blurred. Checking the lease I noticed that there was condensation under the glass cover. This never disappeared and effectively ruined my chance of clear underwater shots which was the main reason I bought the damned thing.
Currently looking into how I can return as I have disposed of packaging
For money its amazing specs.
We recently went to jamacia and did a night snorkel, the video quality is honestly amazing, we were out at night and metres under and the vids of eels and turtles is amazing, colours on point.
She was well happy with the gift, so made it a worth while buy.
I bought a extra battery and ut hasnt even been opened.. it lasted all day for what we needed.
Si tratta di un modello professionale, che difficilmente deluderà i suoi acquirenti, eppure è proprio nella malleabilità dei video in post-produzione che HERO5 Black mostra un po' di lacune, mettendo però a disposizione dei suoi utenti un parco di funzioni davvero ampio e difficilmente superabile, con una qualità generale senz'altro da modello di punta.
--- Pro ---
Impermeabile già di suo
Tantissime modalità di ripresa
--- Contro ---
Interfaccia non velocissima
Autonomia non stellare
Eccessiva perdita in fase di compressione