Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro The Handler (Floating Hand Grip) (GoPro Offi..." and save 39% off the $29.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
GoPro The Handler (Floating Hand Grip) (GoPro Official Mount)
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Increases Stability: Helps you capture steadier footage compared to holding the camera by hand.
- Floats Any GoPro Camera: The Handler keeps your GoPro afloat so you can shoot in and around the water, worry free. BacPac Compatible: Floats your GoPro camera with an LCD Touch BacPac or Battery BacPac attached.
- Comfortable, Secure Grip: Soft, non-slip material makes The Handler comfortable to hold and provides a more secure grip. Easy Aiming: The Handler makes it easy to aim your camera and capture a variety of angles.
- Perfect for Watersports: Capture immersive POV Footage while surfing, kayaking, wakeboarding, boating and more. Waterproof to 33’ (10m)
- Includes: The Tool: Comes with The Tool, a GoPro thumb screw wrench that doubles as a bottle opener. Wrist Strap: The adjustable wrist strap provides greater security of your camera.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
GoPro The Handler (Floating Hand Grip)
Get a solid grip on your GoPro and keep it afloat with The Handler. Whether capturing selfies, POV or follow-cam footage, this buoyant hand grip delivers increased stability and control—making it easy to aim the camera and frame your shots with confidence. Perfect for surfing, kayaking, wakeboarding and more, it floats any GoPro camera plus BacPac accessory so you can shoot in and around the water without a worry. Includes an adjustable wrist strap and The Tool—a GoPro thumb screw wrench that doubles as a bottle opener. Waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter).
- All GoPro cameras.
- The Handler
- Mounting Hardware
- Wrist Strap
- The Tool
Keeps your GoPro afloat so you can shoot in and around the water worry-free. Enables more stable footage than holding the camera by hand. Makes it easy to aim your camera and capture a variety of angles.
Comfortable, non-slip construction for a secure grip. Includes The Tool, a GoPro thumb screw wrench that doubles as a bottle opener. Waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter).
Perfect for surfing, kayaking, wakeboarding and other water sports. Floats any GoPro camera plus LCD Touch BacPac or Battery BacPac. Includes an adjustable wrist strap for greater security of your camera.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Video (Up To)||4K30||2.7K30||1440p30|
|Photo/Burst (Up To)||12MP/30fps||12MP/30fps||8MP/10fps|
|Waterproof||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 33' (10m)|
|Auto Low Light||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-In Touch Display||✓|
|Protune (Photo + Video)||✓||✓||Video Only|
|Effective Still Resolution||0 MP|
|Item Dimensions||9.53 x 7.01 x 2.17 inches|
|Item Display Weight||96 grams|
|Item Weight||0.21 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.62 pounds|
|Sport Type||Snow Skiing|
|Style Name||The Handler (Floating Hand Grip)|
Get a solid grip on your GoPro and keep it afloat with The Handler. This bouyant hand grip delivers increased stability and control, making it easy to aim the camera and frame your shots with confidence. It floats any GoPro camera plus BacPac accessory, so you can shoot in and around the water without a worry. Includes an adjustable wrist strap and The Tool - a GoPro thumb screw wrench that doubles as a bottle opener. Waterproof to 33' (10m)
Top customer reviews
- Remotely take pictures or record videos.
- Way easier and faster to use than connecting your camera to a phone using the app.
- It takes like 3 GoPro Hero 4 full batteries under heavy use to drain the remote battery.
- It happened a couple times that it disconnects from the camera, and reseting the conection is needed (it is not so complicated, but still).
- It takes like 5 to 10 seconds from when you turn on the controller for it to turn on the camera and be ready for action, wish this was a little faster. (still it is faster and easier than the app).
- Even though it is water proof, WiFi signal does not work underwater unless it is really close (almost touching it) to the camera
- I see some weird glare on the remote screen, don't know if it is normal, but does not look good, I am going to contact GoPro support to ask.
- Wish the batteries were replacable for the case that they start lasting less over time and usage.
First off, the suction cup works well. It is very similar to the mount I ended up selecting to use with my GoPro, and locks securely in place on any smooth, clean surface. If that is the extent of your requirements, this mount will make you happy at a reasonable price point.
Where this mount falls short is its adherence to the notion that folks only might want to adjust their shots in 90 degree increments. All of the GoPro extension arms use fixed elbows instead of ball joints, which can be just as secure. Since you can't rotate a suction cup after it is mounted, a ball joint extension arm would really do the trick here. Ultimately, I replaced this mount with one that offers that option and I couldn't be happier. I cannot imagine wrestling with this mount in some of the arrangements that my other suction mount handles with ease.
Overall, this mount beats basic ball joint style mounts on price and extension arm range (most of the basic ball joint mounts have very short arms), but a more complete ball joint mount kit satisfies a wider variety of scenarios.
One a sunny August day off of the coast of Popoyo beach in Nicaragua at a reef break that was firing solid 6-8 ft lefts, I paddled out with my GoPro mounted and ready to take some quality footage. I had just put this floaty backdoor piece on the camera as an extra precaution in case something crazy happened to unmount my camera from my board. I had previously been surfing for over a year with just the camera and waterhousing itself mounted to the board. As I pulled into a heaving left barrel, the thundering lip of the water came blasting down upon me as I drew my line slightly off from where I should of been. When I came up after around 10 seconds of an underwater thrashing, to my dismay the GoPro was nowhere in sight, as Poseidon did his best to bring my $300 camera to the depths of the pacific. I looked around myself in the water frantically searching to no avail...
30 minutes later as I strolled the beach, there was my GoPro safe and sound floating in the nearby rivermouth while the tide came in. The undersea gods and devils are no match for the soft rubbery orange goodness that this floaty back door imparts.
On a separate note, it works great to bite if you want to hold the GoPro in your mouth while doing watersports to get the perspective you want. Buy it, you won't regret it!