Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 11, 2015
I bought this red filter for my GoPro Hero 4 Silver after reading all the reviews. I didn't encounter any of the negative issues that others have wrote about. This lense filter fits very tightly to the camera case. I like that Polar Pro included the small synthetic piece of tether. I would suggest that you do what I did and use a lighter to singe the ends of the tether cord so they won't unravel. So the tether wouldn't float into the shot, I tied the tether to the rear underside mounting point of my telescoping pole and made sure any extra slack in the tether's length was also secured out of the camera's lense view.

These screen shots were taken from the videos that I shot while completing my PADI Open Waters SCUBA Diving Course off Isla Mujeres, Mexico. The diving depth was about 35 ft. This filter was awesome in bringing out all the spectacular colors that I couldn't even see due to the normal light transition through the clear diving mask I was wearing.

In summary, this is a great red lense filter for about half the price of the other brands, including the obvious other brand! I definitely recommend this if your planning on do any diving with your GoPro in the Caribbean waters.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2014
Pretty expensive for a simple red filter but it does the job. The filter pops onto the front of the GoPro Hero3+ housing and relies on the height of the black lens frame to sink into the cavity of the red filter. It's secure and won't fall off easily. It doesn't get in the way of the buttons on the housing. One problem I did notice is that bubbles form under the red filter so I have to take it off underwater then put it back on. If you forget, you get bad footage and this increases the likelihood of losing it in the water especially with bulky 7mm gloves on.
on September 15, 2015
Received this red filter today just 4 days before I leave on a dive trip to Cancun... Boy am I glad I test fit the lens a few times first! The last time I removed the lens the outside housing came off and the lens hit the floor! (Lucky they are just cheap plastic or acrylic) The inside housing which fits on the Hero 3+ camera housing was still attached! Yes, this lens fits very tight and I don't think I would worry about it coming off on a dive. And If you look at some of the awesome dive footage on Youtube (put into the search on there "GoPro red lens") you'll definitely see it is essential for getting the footage you want from your camera but if you read about some of the problems reviewed here for $30 I would expect better quality... Headed to GoPro to buy the expensive GLASS filter but for the cost of all I have spent on my dive trip... Drop in the bucket... Word to the wise... You really do get what you pay for!
on February 4, 2017
Polar Pro has done it again.... skip all the other cheap filters and just get this, it's great. This greatly improved my underwater gopro footage in the Virgin Islands. The difference is unbelievable! I would have been so upset not to have this product with me on vacation. My only complaint is that the tether floats into the shot, so it needs to be shortened or you need to try to wrap it all kinds of ways to get it tight. Or you can just not use it at all, which is what I did. It goes on real tight so it's not coming off. There are little holes on the sides to allow water to come in and out, but I would just take it off and put it back on underwater.
on April 28, 2014
I purchased this 3 months ago and didn't have a chance to use it till today.
I loved the lighting it provided through the footage. It was like having a flash light on top of the camera(Quality footage wise)
I took the filter off 50ft. under water and the color instantly turned vibrant Blue. this does nott mean the footage looked bad there was just too much Blue due to the lack of lighting. Oh and the water trapped between the Lense and filter didn't ruin the footage at all, I even had air bubbles trapped in it.
The filter has a range of about 10ft. in diameter, anything out side that starts to fade into that rich Blue abyss.
The Filiter clipped on nice and tight over the Go Pro housing(standard Issued housing). Warning, if you try to use the accessory Housing with the Black frame it will not fit.
Down Side
I kept seeing the the string that attaches to the Gopro float in front of the lens which killed the mood, but you can easily fix this by taking away the slack.
The Filter feels real cheap. Upon opening the package I felt ripped off. But don't let that stop you from getting it.
All in all I am happy I spent the money on getting this. The 7 people with me on the Dive with Go Pros didn't have a Filter because there friends said they didn't need it. After seeing mine VS there own, they regretted it. There footage still looked good thou.
on August 17, 2016
Works just as hoped. Purchased this to use on a 70ft dive off of Florida. Video came out amazing. I shot videos with and without this filter and it's night and day difference. I was a bit concerned with the lack of light at 70ft since I wasn't using an external light source and it came out just fine. My only complaint is the small string used to attach the filter to the case. It doesn't seem very sturdy if the filter does come off and it can be easily broken or get untied. The filter itself stays snug on the camera lens so it won't just slip off so it's not a huge concern.
on October 6, 2017
Works great to bring back the colours lost on your dives. It is a learning experience at about what depth is too close to the surface that your video/photos might be too red/orange, but in general about 5 meters or less you don't want this. The red is great for clear water like you might find in the Caribbean, but if you're diving in cold water like Monterrey, CA a magenta filter would be better. Advanced Open Water Diver
on January 7, 2016
I expected a difference in color at scuba depths but was floored when I saw the video from my GoPro 4 with this filter attached. The colors are so vibrant and crystal clear and true to what your eye sees on a bright sunny dive. This will be a required part of my dive gear with my GoPro from now on!
on September 12, 2015
This thing really add a great look when diving with a GoPro. It makes the water so much blue-er by just using this filter. It can come off a little easy, but mine never did on several dives. The string that comes with it as a lanyard kept getting in the way when diving however on the video, so had to edit that out. May be better without the lanyard. Still, I really liked this filter but without the string. See You Tube for how it looks with filter and was down to 90 foot in Belize. https://youtu.be/Xw5krfVT-hs
on March 23, 2017
The product works great and was snug when I put it on. The lens can (and probably will) pop off at different depths. When it's on, it works perfectly and is recommended.

It wasn't until after I lost it that I learned it was supposed to include a string to tether it. Make sure you get one with the product and use it. BTW - I am not blaming the seller and/or manufacturer. Mistakes were made. They should have included one, and I should have read the reviews about needing one. (There are no instructions.)