Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro HERO4 Silver" and save 72% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
4-Year Camera & Camcorder Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
GoPro HERO4 Silver
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Built-in touch display for easy camera control, shot-framing and playback
- Professional 1080p60 and 720p120 video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support the GoPro App, Smart Remote and more
- Improved camera control and built-in video trimming lets you create and save short video clips right on your camera
- Protune with SuperView delivers cinema-quality capture and advanced manual control for photos and video with the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Capture. Create. Share.
Expand your GoPro experience with the free GoPro App and GoPro Studio software. The GoPro App allows you to control your camera remotely using your phone or tablet, view and share your content and watch 'best of' videos on the GoPro Channel. Use GoPro Studio to import and view your GoPro media, and create your own engaging GoPro-style videos to share with the world.
Pro-quality capture. Touch-display convenience.
Capture your world in an all-new way with HERO4 Silver, the first-ever GoPro to feature a built-in touch display. Controlling the camera, framing shots and playing back content is now ultra convenient—just view, tap and swipe the screen. HERO4 Silver captures 1080p60 and 720p120 video with lifelike clarity, plus 12MP photos at a staggering 30 frames per second. New experience-enhancing features include HiLight Tag, which lets you mark key moments for easy playback, editing and sharing, and QuikCapture, which allows you to power on the camera and start recording with the press of a single button. Waterproof to 131-feet (40-meters), HERO4 Silver combines versatility and pro-quality capture with the convenience of a touch display.
Built-in touch display.
HERO4 Silver is the first-ever GoPro to feature an integrated touch display. Use it to preview photos and videos to frame your perfect shot. Play back content, and relive the moment instantly. Easily navigate camera menus and adjust settings—just tap and swipe the screen.
Professional video quality.
Featuring an enhanced sensor, HERO4 Silver boasts even better image quality than any of the best-selling GoPro cameras that came before it. Capture stunning 1080p60 video that's sharper and more lifelike than ever. High-resolution, high frame rate 720p120 and 960p100 video delivers exceptionally smooth slow-motion playback of all your highlights. 2.7K video offers ultra high-resolution, cinema-quality capture.
Fast, powerful photo capture.
With 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, HERO4 Silver helps you capture the moments you don't want to miss. Capture single photos, or choose Time Lapse mode to shoot photos automatically at set time intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds—great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach. Night Photo and Night Lapse offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for breathtaking images of the night sky and more.
Control, view and share with built-in Wi-Fi + Bluetooth.
HERO4 Silver features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect to the GoPro App, Smart Remote and more. The GoPro App transforms your phone or tablet into a live video remote for your camera, offering full control of all functions and settings, easy shot preview and playback, plus sharing via text, email, Facebook and more. The Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 600-feet (180-meters).
New settings for after dark.
Capture the night sky in a whole new way. New Night Photo and Night Lapse modes offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse photos. Whether you're shooting the Milky Way or a campfire hangout, Night Photo and Night Lapse allow you to you capture ultra low-light scenes like never before.
HiLight Tag your best moments.
HiLight Tag, a new HERO4 feature, enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio. Just press the dedicated button on the camera or Smart Remote, or use the GoPro App to tag your highlights.
Protune for photo + video.
Protune unlocks the camera's full potential, delivering minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions, and advanced manual controls for photos and video. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for Color, ISO Limit, White Balance, Sharpness and Exposure—and enjoy the greatest degree of manual control available in a GoPro camera.
Auto Low Light mode.
Let the camera do the thinking for you. Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
Compare with similar items
GoPro HERO4 BLACK
GoPro HERO4 Silver Edition Action Camcorder (Certified Refurbished)
GoPro HERO 4 Silver Edition 12MP Waterproof + 32GB MINI SD Card+ 2 Batteries+ Case+ Head/chest/wrist Mounts, Sports & Action Camera Bundle
GoPro HERO 4 Black Edition 12MP Waterproof Sports & Action Starter Camera Bundle
GoPro HERO 4 Silver Edition 12MP Waterproof Sports & Action Camera Bundle with 2 Batteries
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||PRIMESELLER||Extreme Electronic||SUPERIOR QUALITY GOODS||INSPIRE DIGITAL||INSPIRE DIGITAL||Extreme Electronic|
|Item Dimensions||2.8 x 2.79 x 1.53 in||2.8 x 2.79 x 1.53 in||4 x 4 x 6 in||6 x 3 x 3 in||6 x 3 x 3 in||2.25 x 1.12 x 1.6 in|
|Item Weight||5.12 ounces||5.28 ounces||2.93 ounces||—||—||2.93 ounces|
Capture your world with HERO4 Silver, the high-performance GoPro with a built-in touch display. Controlling the camera, framing shots and playing back content is ultra convenient—just view, tap and swipe the screen. HERO4 Silver captures 1080p60 and 720p120 video with lifelike clarity, plus 12MP photos at a staggering 30 frames per second. Built-in video trimming lets you create and save short highlight clips for easy sharing. HiLight Tag enables you to mark key moments to make them easier to find later. Waterproof to 131’ (40m), HERO4 Silver combines versatility and high-performance capture with the convenience of a touch display.
What's in the box?
- HERO4 Silver Camera With Built-In Touch Display
- Standard Housing 131’(40m)
- Skeleton + Touch Backdoors
- Rechargeable Battery
- Curved Adhesive Mount
- Flat Adhesive Mount
- Quick Release Buckles
- 3-Way Pivot Arm
- USB Cable
Safety WarningTo avoid static when using Polar Pro Mic, turn off wireless connectivity
Legal DisclaimerNew, Unopened box. Factory sealed.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First and foremost let me say that the quality of the video is absolutely stunning. I think GoPro cameras are mostly meant for video but even their snap shots can be quite amazing too. I have always liked photography but could never justify spending $600+ on a camera I probably wouldn't even use that often due to bulk and lenses. As a mountain biker, I've found myself craving to get some of the stuff I do on video. I've been wanting to get a GoPro for some time and have put it off until my birthday finally came around and my wife bought me the recently released Hero 4 Silver. I didn't order it on Amazon because I didn't want to wait 2 days to get it haha. We went to a local store and we almost bought the Hero3+ Silver edition but my wife convinced me to get the Hero4 instead and boy am I glad she did!
Let me say off the bat some of the problems I've experienced so far:
1. The battery life absolutely sucks. One battery is not enough to get you through almost any activity. I think it lasts even less time if its hot. You will need at minimum 3 batteries. I will be ordering a Wasabi dual battery charger with 2 extra batteries later today.
2. When uploading your vids and pics to the computer it will ask you if you want to clear the SD card. ALWAYS say no. I've lost pictures and videos that have failed to upload TWICE already. I have no way of knowing if it was due to the software not downloading it or if it just failed to record. So download everything, check to make sure it downloaded everything, and THEN delete afterwards.
3. A 16gb SD card will not be enough. You will need a minimum of 32gb and I would go ahead and just get the 64gb card to have some peace of mind. Also make sure you get a Class 10 SD card. GoPro has recommendations on their website. I have a SanDisk Extreme. It will improve the quality of your videos. Don't go cheap on the SD card, you will regret it.
4. One of the frustrating things about a brand new camera is that all the kinks are going to need to be worked out. GoPro releases some updates for this. So far some people have reported Wifi issues (though I have not had any). Its also difficult to figure out some things because they are new cameras and there is still not a lot of information out there yet. It took me an hour to figure out how to take time lapses. Basically you need to select burst mode and then hit the options button on the side of the camera. That little detail was nowhere to be found.
5. As a newbie camera owner I have come to realize that a lot of the GoPro success is due to amazing video editing. They include a software that makes the process easy enough to do some cool vids but you might end up hitting a wall at some point and yearn for some other editing (and more costly) software. I haven't hit that wall yet but I can see it happening. That being said you will not be able to get away with just buying the camera to get good shots. You will need a lot of accessories and there will be a learning curve to understanding what settings to use and where/how to mount and record. This will cost time and money but is actually a big part of the fun.
Some of the things I love about the Camera:
1. Timelapses are AWESOME and so easy to do. There is a lot of room for creativity with these.
2. Super easy to use once you learn the controls or download the app to remote control from your phone.
3. There is a video + photo mode. This is super cool because you can set the camera to take pics while its also recording video. You can end up with some really awesome photos like this.
4. I love how small and versatile this is. I plan to use this on all my vacations. Its not a burden at all. I also use it for my mountain biking.
5. My friend is a professional photographer and hates the distortion (fish eye effect) but I think its one of the things that makes this camera so versatile. You can capture so much!
6. The sound recording on this was a lot better than I expected.
7. There are tons of accessories to make this camera capable of doings A LOT.
1. Some GoPro (OEM/Official) mounts suck. So make sure you research and read reviews before you buy anything. Sometimes the aftermarket is better and sometimes it isn't.
2. Get a few mounts right away or you won't be able to enjoy the Hero4 the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
3. This bears repeating: Get some more batteries!!!
4. Watch GoPro videos and learn how people get good shots. Watch how they edit their vids to make them interesting. Then proceed to step 5.
5. GET CREATIVE. It is so much fun to try new shots and experiment with this camera. The shooting process and editing process should be FUN for you. Otherwise, you are spending money on a camera you will not use much. Save your money if you're not into that sort of thing.
6. Teach your significant other how to use it. It will make the story you show in your vids better when it comes from multiple perspectives.
You might be asking why is this review a 4 stars if I think its such a great camera. I would gladly give it 5 stars if it wasn't for some of the problems I mentioned above. I think if I didn't have missing/deleted vids and photos due to software/recording error I would have probably given it a 5 star despite some of the other minor issues. Overall, its a great freakin camera and I think for my intended purposes its almost perfect. If you want a convenient lightweight versatile camera for traveling and action/sports, this camera is a must buy. I will update this again after another month or two of use. Maybe by then the issue will be resolved and I will update to 5 stars. Hope this review helps!
Ok I've had some more time to use the camera and make some videos. Here is what I've learned:
It took me a day or two to learn to use the GoPro video editing software efficiently. The best way to learn to use the editing software is to search on Youtube for videos that show you. Its actually pretty easy and makes the process pretty painless. Depending on what computer you use, the software can be really slow when it comes to loading the videos and exporting them. Flux is a feature that smoothes the videos but takes even longer to export. It takes a long time on my computer and I have an intel core i7 (2.8ghz) with 8 gigs of ram. My graphics card is a somewhat low-end card. I'm not sure how much faster this would be on a Mac or a high-end computer, but you can probably still expect to leave the computer working while you walk away and do something else.
I think the average person will be very satisfied with the gopro software, because its very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Keep in mind that you should be excited about editing the videos. If watching film you've recorded and creating a story through some video editing is not something that appeals to you, don't buy any video camera because you will probably end up not using the footage and eventually not even the camera.
If you do enjoy all of the above, you will want ANOTHER camera. Once you realize you can get much cooler videos by getting different angles from multiple cameras, this hobby quickly becomes a bit of an obsession. Fortunately, you can buy the lower end model GoPros and just use the Hero 4 Silver for 4k videos or higher-quality shots. I will probably end up buying another GoPro camera in the near future.
I had someone ask about the sound quality of the camera and whether an external microphone was needed. Here is my response:
It all depends on several things.
Do you plan on using the sound from your video? I'm assuming yes, but keep in mind many people usually play music over their vids.
What activity will you be doing? This matters because the sound quality improves depending on the type of back-cover you use. The completely water-proof one has the worst sound quality. The one that is completely open has the best sound quality. So if you're doing an activity where you expect some or a lot of water you may not be willing to use the open-back one. You may have to use the one that is soft for touchscreen but not submersible. This will affect the quality but it might still be "good enough".
How important is sound quality to you? An external mic is probably not necessary when you have the best possible set-up (see above). Then again, if you care a lot about sound quality or want semi-professional/professional quality, then a mic is almost certainly necessary. I know that the GoPro production team uses an external mic, so if you want to produce quality sound, you will probably have to get one.
Try out camera first with a few different set ups. Then decide if the sound quality meets your expectations. It exceeded mines when I played a volleyball game with some family. It was able to pick up my sisters voice clearly on the other side of the net, about 20 feet away. Thats good enough for me (at least for now) to not have to buy an external mic.
I figured out the problem with not being able to transfer all the pictures. I spoke with GoPro customer service and we were eventually able to narrow down the problem to my GoPro Cable. Since this is something that can probably happen to anyone (I had no way of knowing I had a bad cable), I recommend you always use an SD Card Adapter and upload your pictures that way. This fixed my issue. Changed my rating to 5 star due to customer service.
1. Is it worth upgrading from the 3 to the 4? Short answer: for certain features, if you need them. Long answer: see below.
2. Which version of the 4 should I get? Short: Are you a pro? Black. Otherwise, the HERO or 4 Silver.
3. What else do I need? Short: a good microSD (sometimes you can get it bundled with the camera!) Long: probably some extra batteries
If you're coming from a 3 or 3+ Black, the only upgrade that would make sense is the 4 Black (the 4 Silver is the performance equivalent of the old 3+ Black).
If you're coming from a 3 Silver or White, it /might/ be worth the upgrade if you have a good use case for the 4 Silver's new touch screen back. That being said, having used GoPros a fair amount...a screen on the back really isn't as useful as it sounds. The reason you're using a GoPro to begin with is to stick it in a tough spot - where the back is almost always inaccessible. You aren't going to be adjusting your shot mid ski-slope or dirtbike-ride, after all.
If you do decide to upgrade (or this is your first GoPro), you have three good options BESIDES the 4 Silver:
The $130 barebones HERO: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIYNUXO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NIYNUXO&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=6RGQWHRXFRZSLFPY
The $300 HERO3+ Silver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3F0EIU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00F3F0EIU&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=74K5GFVCEONUONTG
The $500 HERO4 Black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIYNUF2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NIYNUF2&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=ETJT2IDPFGFYVA6W
The GoPro website has a huge spreadsheet comparing all their features... but here's how I think about it:
If you're using the GoPro to just capture memories, save your money for the memories and get the HERO.
If you /think/ you're interested in using your GoPro to make more serious footage (but don't have any experience yet), pick the version of the Silver that best suites your budget. Note that the 4 Silver has a touchscreen back to help you frame your shots - that alone is worth the $100 if you can afford it.
And if you're already a heavy GoPro user (or filmmaker in general) with paying customers or past successes, get the Black. If you have a once in a lifetime trip approaching and deep pockets, you might also consider the Black - but, for a lot of people, there are more meaningful things you can do with that extra money :)
If you aren't going to be filming in 4K, you can get pretty much any decent memory card and you'll be fine. If you want to do 4K Protune on the Black, well...you're going to want a fast one! I've been using this SanDisk without issue: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55BS8G/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00M55BS8G&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=UVLMTWAPOPKC6RT3
It also gobbles through batteries. I seem to get about an hour of battery life, and that's only filming about half the time. Thankfully, Wasabi once again has our back with a dual battery set w/charger for just $24: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OAAUZO2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OAAUZO2&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=O67BCZ56CZ4ABYS2