Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 18, 2015
I thought it was a very useful stuff but the objective lens protector ripped off my Gopro lens frame.
review image review image
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
I don't understand why these don't come with the GoPro. That explains why so many videos on Youtube have smudges and scratches on the picture. Because the camera lens or the case window isn't protected. And it also keeps the camera from turning on accidentally. Thats always fun to pull up the camera and find the battery is dead because it turned on and ran for the last hour while you drove to where you were going to shoot a video.
on March 26, 2015
Note that while the description does say that this bundle as a whole works with the Hero 4 cameras, you are buying parts that were intended for the older GoPro models. The two things I've listed below are the parts that are not meant for the Hero 4. The other included parts work great!

1. The battery cover that is included no longer works with the Hero 4 due to it's new battery configuration.
2. The rubber piece that covers the micro usb port/micro SD port on the side has a different texture pattern than the Hero 4 (although it does still technically work).

Before I found out that these protective lens covers existed I was very hesitant to do anything "extreme" with my GoPro outside of it's protective housing. After testing these 3 lens covers, they do fit securely over your naked GoPro and also your protective housing. The lens cover for the waterproof housing also covers the On/Off button on the front so that it does not accidentally get bumped. If you are buying for the Hero 4, just know that you are buying this for the lens covers, and they do their job well.
on September 11, 2015
Serves its purpose. I have a Hero 4 Silver and can use everything except the battery door. I ONLY purchased it for the small memory card/charger door which is probably only worth $1 so $15 seemed like a lot for such a small piece of plastic. That said, I ended up using some of the other pieces as well so it is a little easier to justify. I just wish GoPro would sell the memory card doors by themselves or even in multi packs considering it is so easy to lose them. So overall, quality is satisfactory, cost is a little much, and sucks that this is the only option for replacing the memory card door. So 3 stars because "it's okay."
on November 16, 2016
I always like to over protect my electronics but, I wish the black plastic cover fit the casing more tightly; it comes off too easily. On my first adventure out with the camera, I had it strapped to my wrist with the plastic cover to prevent to casing from getting scratched but, it kept falling off. Now, I just use it for storage, which beats the purpose. Also, if I put the cover and drop the camera in a bag, it will also come off.

The kit brings other stuff that's useful. I had lost my battery cover, so I replaced it with the one here. When I'm charging the battery within the camera, I put the lens cover to protect it.
on August 18, 2015
I bought this because I just wanted the black housing cover to cover my Black Out housing. I searched and searched and couldn't just find that one item, so I ended up getting this package. Just like with every GoPro accessory, I think this is overpriced. Luckily I checked the refurbished section and that saved me like a dollar and change. It was brand new. I have the Hero4 Silver and it fits perfectly. I don't have the music skeleton housing yet, so I'm not going to use the lens cover and lens cap just yet. I have the Silver so I definitely won't use the extra battery door. I may give it to someone who has the Black instead. And having an extra side door is neat. I think I read that the GoPro website may have just individual pieces instead. I have to look it up myself to really know. Anyway, I'm happy that I have these protectors to protect my investment.
on February 10, 2016
I bought a GoPro Hero4 Silver, the only thing that I use in this set is the square lens cover that goes on the outside of the standard housing. The protective lens and camera lens covers work if the camera is outside of the housing...if you use it outside of the housing. I've no use for the square back and side door covers.
on January 24, 2014
I was unpleasantly surprised on purchasing my Hero 3+ Black to discover the kit did not include a lens cap for at least the outer casing. Given the diminutive size of the camera (a plus in and of itself), it is very difficult to install or remove the device from the outer casing without smudging the outer lens casing. While everything in this package is an official GoPro product, and seems to function perfectly, the necessity of a second purchase for basic handling of the equipment irritates me.

It should also be noted that the protective lens in this kit came out of the package with smudge marks and immediately required cleaning.
on August 6, 2017
These fit perfectly for my Hero + and Hero 4 Silver. Just do not need the big battery door...does not work on either of my cameras. The rest of the items are very useful!
on September 20, 2016
As reviews have noted, for the GoPro Hero Silver there is a batterycover that is for another GoPro and cannot be used. I used the cover that slips on the lens and button when in the case and when I take it out of the case I use the small lens cover to protect the lens, very important. Both fit snugly. The cover for the ports is good to have as that is not attached in any way so loosing it is a real possibility, nice to have an extra. I have not used the clear lens cover yet. All exactly what I needed in one order at a good price.